Sign in to follow this  
parkandrider

roeder

just watched espn tday and they had newcastle v brighton in 1984 i think and watched roeder give away a goal t brighton i c nothing has changed since

bit harsh , whatever you say about the prince of darkness as a manager..he was a decent defender and had a good career  [:)]

Class defender in his time if you ever saw him play.  Took no prisoners and didn''t expect anyone else too either as I recall.

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]  Shame he''s a useless manager.[/quote]

Many great players have turned out to be useless managers just as many useless players have turned out to be decent managers.

It''s just like that in journalism.  Many great reporters on the road turn out to be ******* useless when you put them on the desk in charge.

[quote user="singing canary"]i bet he blamed everyone else!![/quote]

Either way he is laughing.  He pocketed whatever your payoff was, spends his time with the horsey folk in Newmarket, has another share in Michael Owen''s third racehorse, is advisor to a Malta coaching course and is pondering whether to open his own academy in Spain.

Whatever.

PS: Not yet reported by the EDP in case anyone wondered what your former Manager was up to.

And, no, he doesn''t miss Chris Lakey either.  Mutual I believe.  Instant dislike doesn''t do it any sort of justice.[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: Not yet reported by the EDP in case anyone wondered what your former Manager was up to.

And, no, he doesn''t miss Chris Lakey either.  Mutual I believe.  Instant dislike doesn''t do it any sort of justice.[:P]

[/quote]

I heard Rodent had a gambling problem and there was an assumption that his gambling was the reason for his questionable decision making and highs and lows....

(I have no evidence whatsoever and this is pure speculation, but does sound plausable IMO!)

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="singing canary"]i bet he blamed everyone else!![/quote]

Either way he is laughing.  He pocketed whatever your payoff was, spends his time with the horsey folk in Newmarket, has another share in Michael Owen''s third racehorse, is advisor to a Malta coaching course and is pondering whether to open his own academy in Spain.

Whatever.

[/quote]

So he is making a living? That list there may suggest a busy lifestyle but those "jobs" are none too impressive. It''s not as though any football clubs are falling over themselves to hire him.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I heard Rodent had a gambling problem and there was an assumption that his gambling was the reason for his questionable decision making and highs and lows....

(I have no evidence whatsoever and this is pure speculation, but does sound plausable IMO!)[/quote]

I worked in the Coral in wymondham for 3 years, and I only saw roeder in there once. He came in, dragged chris martin out, smiled at me and left. The next day chris martin was shipped out to Luton. Rumour has it martin was hiding, avoiding extra training he''d been asked to do. Micky Spillane told me the next day, and then he turned up at Luton that afternoon!

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote] I heard Rodent had a gambling problem and there was an assumption that his gambling was the reason for his questionable decision making and highs and lows.... (I have no evidence whatsoever and this is pure speculation, but does sound plausable IMO!)[/quote]

No rumours but who knows?  I would have described him as fairly careful with his own money.

Talking of ex-managers, did anyone else see Peter Grant all over Sky Sports News last night? Do Celtic know what they''re doing?