Sign in to follow this  
taintedtom2000

Delph has left league 1!!

[quote user="ldnboy"]Leeds told Fulham they wanted 5mill in january[/quote]Reported figures between 8-10 Million i saw earlier on SSN

Football is getting ridiculous. A fee ranging between £8-10million for a kid who''s essentially proven only in League One? It''s crazy. For that fee I''d be wanting a midfielder who was topping the goal-scoring charts in this league.

I''ve never seen Delph play myself, but from what others have told me he''s massively over-rated and is inconsistant. Of course, he may go on to fully merit the fee, but it''s stupid how someone who''s never played higher than the 3rd tier is worth an obscene amount of money.

I''d be more concerned about Leeds'' spending power now, than them keeping Fabian Delph, although most of their fans seem to think the money will go into Bates'' back-pocket so who knows?

Anyway, to make this more relevant to us, as Delph was a "big part" of the Leeds squad, we should only accept "silly (and I mean silly) money" for Hoolahan - ie £2million +

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Football is getting ridiculous. A fee ranging between £8-10million for a kid who''s essentially proven only in League One? It''s crazy. For that fee I''d be wanting a midfielder who was topping the goal-scoring charts in this league.

I''ve never seen Delph play myself, but from what others have told me he''s massively over-rated and is inconsistant. Of course, he may go on to fully merit the fee, but it''s stupid how someone who''s never played higher than the 3rd tier is worth an obscene amount of money.

I''d be more concerned about Leeds'' spending power now, than them keeping Fabian Delph, although most of their fans seem to think the money will go into Bates'' back-pocket so who knows?

Anyway, to make this more relevant to us, as Delph was a "big part" of the Leeds squad, we should only accept "silly (and I mean silly) money" for Hoolahan - ie £2million +

[/quote]It''s the Man City effect, Leeds were willing to accept just under 5 Million in January yet after Man City said they were interested and 10 million figures were branded about, Leeds wanted an extra three million.  Delph was key to Leeds last year and he will be missed as no one of his quality will want to play in league 1

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Massively overated from what i''ve seen, Beckford is the key to the Leeds side I reckon...[/quote]Totally agree. Just shows what being young, English and tied up on a four year contract can do.

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

A great peice of news for the rest of the league and a real dent in Leeds'' squad!! GET IN!!

( he went to Villa by the way)

[/quote]

HAsn''t yet technically, only a fee agreed but yeah you''d assume so. I wouldn''t be bothered if he''d stayed I''ve not seen any evidence of him being amazing by any means.

Vastly overrated, was a spectator in the two millwall playoff games.

Id rather Leeds kept him than have £8,000,000 to play with.

£8m is a big chunk of change for this league, makes me wonder whether Clingan was not sold on the cheap!

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

A great peice of news for the rest of the league and a real dent in Leeds'' squad!! GET IN!!

( he went to Villa by the way)

[/quote]

Enough for Grayson to bid for Hoolahan!

Can someone explain how this guy is worth £7,350,000 more then Clingon??

He was clearly our best player last season in the championship where as Delph was in league one?!

Are we just useless when it comes to making a profit out of players??!

Or was there another joyous sell on clause involved

And yes I would definitely take £3m+ for Hoolahan.

Oh my god! have you been sniffing glue?

As much as Delph isnt worth £8,000,000. hes a good young, ENGLISH (New europa, champions Lge Rules) footballer, with Potential.

Wes is 27, he is not going to develop anymore

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Can someone explain how this guy is worth £7,350,000 more then Clingon??

He was clearly our best player last season in the championship where as Delph was in league one?!

Are we just useless when it comes to making a profit out of players??!

Or was there another joyous sell on clause involved

And yes I would definitely take £3m+ for Hoolahan.

[/quote]His age and potential I assume - similar to Walcott''s transfer. I wouldn''t want to sell any of the squad unless we''re talking ridiculous money (£6m+) because it is looking very balanced at the moment, and immediate promotion to the Championship would be worth far more than £3m in the long run.

A shame that this league is losing one of it''s brighter talents. Will Grayson be given the cash to reinvest? Not so sure about that.

Non matching quotes *Norwich**"]If Delph is worth 8 then Hooly is worth 8. SIMPLE AS. Non matching quotes

Ha ha, yeah, simple.