Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Shoot!

See what happens when we shoot? Great goal from Safri and glad to see Worthy is encouraging the players to have a crack at any opportunity going. If we keep shooting, the goals will come

and how many times did bentley shoot on saturday? on how many of them it the target

certainly a good idea, but it has to be a realisitc chance

Yes, but isn''t it ironic that he had Bentley on the bench for most of the game, then make a statement like that about a player who had 1 shot. OK so Bents might over do it, but you have to buy a ticket ........

I think Archie has hit the nail on the head.  Shooting from outside the box is all well and good, IF you test the goalkeeper.  More often than not we don''t so finding another option on the edge of the box would be better

I don''t think bentley overdid it AT ALL. he did what i want attacking players to do. shoot. you have to keep shooting. plus, i don''t think bents shot in unreasonable situations -- he created space and then he shot. he wasn''t shooting with many players in front of him or in situations where you would think "you''re an idiot for shooting from there". he was in good positions for all his shots but he just didn''t connect that well.

if we want to be this hard on bents, then we should be equally hard on huckerby who, for all his dribbling brilliance, rarely looks up enough to see players in better positions. it''s head down and go with him. but hey, we love him anyway.

let''s not be inconsistent.

i want hux to keep running but try to look up a little more. and i want bents to keep shooting but to focus a little more on execution during training.

[quote]See what happens when we shoot? Great goal from Safri and glad to see Worthy is encouraging the players to have a crack at any opportunity going. If we keep shooting, the goals will come[/quote]

Agreed Beds Canary, but not as far as Bently''s 90 yards efforts.

OK,OK, I over stated it a bit, but you get my drift, yes?.

That was the concern i had about bentley after the shot at old trafford.  Yes it was awsome, but you have to wait for the right time.  He keeps shooting whenever he gets within 40 yards of the other teams goal when another pass wide or thru the defence would be better.

We don''t get too far forward too often, when we do we need to make better use.

I don''t want us to stop shooting, but we need to be more patient in the build up. 

otbc