Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Rumour roundabout

A friend told me some transfer rumours about a week ago which I took with a pinch of salt because he''s not a city fan and they were from a friend of a friend who wasn''t connected to the club. The usual tripe that does the rounds but has no substance I thought. But seeing as two of these stories have since found some momentum it may be worth mentioning.

The story was that we were planning some last minute adjustments to what seemed like a relatively settled squad. Gunn basically made a decision to swap creativity for more firepower and had reheated the Lee for Hoolahan swap, albeit with about £300,000 on top for us (which sounded steep to me). Pattison was also going to leave with South Africa his destination and a fee of around £150,000 expected. To replace these two we were expected to tie up a deal for Adomah, and Huckerby will return in January.

I don''t really think that Gunn wants rid of Wes after the pre-season he''s had, but it''s no secret he wants Hucks back either (although I''d expect as an impact sub rather than a starter tbf). Sounds like someone''s putting two and two together to me, but thought I''d mention it just in case.

Mmmm, I''d rather not lose Wes.

I would welcome Hucks back though.

I don''t see Gunn letting Wes go now though, not with Holt, Martin, Maric and Cody all in the squad (as you mentioned the Hoolahan for Lee deal)

Can''t see us signing Lee aswell as already getting Holt and Maric. If Hoolahan leaves then i honestly don''t think we will get promoted, i think he''s the major clog in our team. Dont care if Pattison goes, and don''t care if Huckerby returns really as i feel he''s past it now [:(] although would be nice to see him back as a coach, would like to see Adomah

The Hoolihan for Lee deal would have made more sense if we hadn''t got Maric. There are only so many big brusiers a team needs even in Div 3.

I think part of the problem with Lee was that he wants Championship-size wages. I don''t see how a swap involving Wes helps with that?

After seeing Colin W. on SSN moaning about how skint Palace are if i were Gunn i''d offer him Russell and Cureton in a swap for Lee just to see if he''d go for it. Spin him bout Cureton losing confidence here but a change of scene and all that crap. I''d still like Lee here, you can''t have to many goalscorers.

[quote user="Big Bob"] If Hoolahan leaves then i honestly don''t think we will get promoted, i think he''s the major clog in our team. [/quote]

I''ve never seen Hooli as a clogger myself!!

at the beginning of the summer i probably would''ve taken a swap deal for lee, but based on who we have got in, lee is probably no better + hoolahan''s form has been good, so to me it''s not worth it

[quote user="Shaker"]After seeing Colin W. on SSN moaning about how skint Palace are if i were Gunn i''d offer him Russell and Cureton in a swap for Lee just to see if he''d go for it. Spin him bout Cureton losing confidence here but a change of scene and all that crap. I''d still like Lee here, you can''t have to many goalscorers.[/quote]You don''t sell second-hand cars do you Shaker?