Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Canaries World

Is now called ''Canaries Player'' - think it is in the same place as canariesworld was on the website (....there''s actually a thread on it somewhere, but if you didn''t know of the change you wouldn''t have known what it was talking about!)! Existing log-ins should work ok, but as is always the case there seem to be some problems.

It does seem that everywhere has changed - have been on a few club sites today and they all seem to be the same.

Have spent nine hours on a wet Sunday down under trying to get canaries world new system to work. The words to describe it would not be allowed on this page. Firefox and Internet Explorer do not want to know. Chrome allows it after a struggle. The old system now scraped worked perfectly well and down loaded on all the search engines. Frustrating. Any good advice people ?

[quote user="hardley"]Have spent nine hours on a wet Sunday down under trying to get canaries world new system to work. The words to describe it would not be allowed on this page. Firefox and Internet Explorer do not want to know. Chrome allows it after a struggle. The old system now scraped worked perfectly well and down loaded on all the search engines. Frustrating. Any good advice people ?[/quote]

Totally agree hardley, their crap advise to me was uninstall flash player and reinstall, you try reinstalling when Flash is removed......its a nighmare, 36 bloody hours fiddling with Explorer/Nortons etc just to get Flash back! its amazing just how many sites uses Flash.

There''s no volume control as with most online players and I still only have half a screen..........I emailed them to say shove it![:@]

Although in the interest of fair play, and once I discovered what F11 did on my keyboard! the actual picture quality and sound is far better.........if only they had a volume level button as keep turning my speakers up and down is tiresome.

Well bu**er me! I started a thread asking the same question and all I got was "mine''s ok". I''ve still got nothing so if anyone can tell me how to sign in I''d appreciate it.

Am now able to get the programme on Google Chrome and Firefox.

Sign in segment will not appear in internet Explorer.

Former down load factor so important for us with satellite has been omitted I think.

Works fine on my Mac too - at last! I''ll be able to listen to the audio commentaries on my super duper Imac now without having to use my crappy old PC laptop.

[quote user="hardley"]Am now able to get the programme on Google Chrome and Firefox. Sign in segment will not appear in internet Explorer. Former down load factor so important for us with satellite has been omitted I think.[/quote]

Thanks Hardley, can you tell me how to go about getting it?  I''m a bit of a computer numpty I''m afraid.

subscribing to canary world is the first thing.

Watched Wigan highlights in real time, no buffering, no delays.

[quote user="hardley"]subscribing to canary world is the first thing. Watched Wigan highlights in real time, no buffering, no delays.[/quote]

We can''t download the video now, it''s poor especially when the network was slow and I was liked watching the game at slow motion...