Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Carra infill stand - new picture

Cool, cheers for that! I see it outstpes the back of the River End and I assume it will sit flush witht the South Stand once it gets round there..? It all makes the City stand look quite small..

Thanks for posting that. Will be interesting to see exactly how it will join up to the Jarrolds Stand from the inside. Seems as though with all these sort of buildings once the ground work has been laid, the rest starts to shape up fairly quickly.

[quote]Good picture of the new stand. But why do you have pictures of FCR then a picture of Blackfriars bridge???[/quote]

Well, er, I never said it was an exclusively NCFC web page!

It''s funny you see it as a photo of Blackfriars Bridge - I took it for the skyline. I think that now the Gherkin has been built this has become an even more iconic view of London. I just like the photo, the way the skyline stretches from St Pauls to the dockland towers in the distance. It must be the aesthete in me...

Cheers for that fool.  It''s starting to look really good.  Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh tonight.  Surely though, the two tiers are going to have to merge into one aren''t they, to link up with the Jarrold?

[quote]Interesting to see that the city stand roof looks flat from this angle. I presume that a top tier isn''t an overcomplicated bit of engineering.[/quote]

Yeah, I would love to see the plans of the new city stand.........now there''s a challenge!!

I have a good picture of the City Stand plans. It''s a jpeg on my computer though. Is there a way to link it here? Maybe the web people can help me ?

[quote]I hope they replace those faded yellow seats...[/quote]

Now that''s a ground to be reckoned with !!

Nice one Spawn!

Oh no! All my hours of hard work (Copy and pasting) has gone to waste.It must be said though, Carra Road would look great with a 2 tier Main Stand.Spawn

Yeah you are right smudge they would, didn''t really have time to get photoshop out and do a nice little fake, just a bit of copy/pasting on
paint.

Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to our fake pictures, actuallly that could clog the pink-un server up, so probably not a good idea.

nice stand........

two tier would look good actually.........

[quote]Cheers for that fool. It''s starting to look really good. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh tonight. Surely though, the two tiers are going to have to merge into one aren''t they, to link up ...[/quote]

That''s an interesting one, Dumble. If you look at the enlarged aerial photo of the corner stand building site (http://1992.members.beeb.net/) you can see that all the foundation holes seem to continue round to the Jarrold stand in an unbroken curve. To me this implies that the viewing gallery window will continue right the way round. If you think about it, if the window stopped half way round, then a lot of seats in the upper tier would have an obstructed view.
Ah well, it won''t be too long before the framework is complete and we''ll be able to see for ourselves. I still think they''re making it up as they go along...

Great photo''s fool. I sit right next to the infill in the Jarrold Stand, the draft is terrible so I can''t wait for it to be completed. What they have seem to have done is:Make the lower tier of the infill the same staggered gradient as the Jarrold Stand, but the same depth as the lower tier of the River End. Meanwhile, the upper tier of the infill is the not as deep as the upper part of the River End - it stops about half way back. But again, the infill seems to match the gradient of the upper part of the Jarrold Stand so views won''t be obstructed. Apart from those awful pillars of course.Between the two tiers I assume they will put in a layer of corporate boxes like the River End has.

I reckon the infill will wrap around with the same aspect of the river end and finish with the seats ''higher'' than the south stand. Much like the snake pit and other corner infill are ''higher'' that the river end and barclay - with the gap being walled up. That way, those in the new infill can see down the pitch over the south stand.

[quote]I reckon the infill will wrap around with the same aspect of the river end and finish with the seats ''higher'' than the south stand. Much like the snake pit and other corner infill are ''higher'' that th...[/quote]

I can see what you mean, Pyro Pete and Flecko, but..

(new photo at http://1992.members.beeb.net/)

The roof of the infill is obviously going to match up with the Jarrold stand roof, which means the back row of the infill will be level with the back row of the Jarrold. So if the gradients of the upper and lower tiers even approximate to that of the Jarrold, how will the height be created for the executive box / disabled viewing gallery windows??

After all this I don''t think I''m any the wiser

If you go to the official club website and look up club/ new stand/ executive facilities - there is an artists impression of the inside view of the south stand/ infill. I think this will answer most of your questions.

[quote]If you go to the official club website and look up club/ new stand/ executive facilities - there is an artists impression of the inside view of the south stand/ infill. I think this will answer most o...[/quote]

Thanks for that - it was the incentive I needed to register with the club website again. Looking at the drawing of the infill you mentioned, if I could work out what the yellow heart and grey splodge are meant to represent, it might be a little easier to understand!!