Sign in to follow this  
Lambert Revolution!

Amazing Swings and Round-abouts..

I gotta admit, I''ve been chuckling away at these hoolahan posts! I remember (before the friendlies kicked in) Reading you all posting about how Hoolahan was poor, and if we recieved an offer you''d bite your hands off for him! Then he plays a couple of UNCOMPTETIVE matches and all of a sudden "I Wouldn''t sell him even for 8mill"  "We need to keep him at all costs"  "he will single handedly win us the league" Pop up everywhere!!The same with WLY, everyone it seemed would rather see their mother be struck down with swine flu than him re-sign, but all of a sudden everyone is cheerful about it! I''ve been a fan of Gunn since he stated he wants the job to correct his mistakes, and will stick by him, but good god. I''ve seen more opinions change on him that anything, it''s unreal. Firstly he was Osama Bin Laden, George Bush and Ian Huntley rolled into a juicey ball of hatrid, now he''s Barrack Obama, Chuck Norris and Alex Fergurson. Sorry, this isn''t a rant, or an insult to ANYONE, i''m not being negative, or even complaining, i''m just POINTING OUT SOMETHIGN I FIND FUNNY. I''m curious to see what would happen should Hoolahan leave? Would it have the croft effect? "They don''t know what a donkey they''ve got" - or would he recieve the Clingan effect, where people are actually sad to see him go.. I guess it all depends on who the post-ee is I suppose!Anyways, Rant over. I am prepared for the onslaught of insults etc, so i''ll give you a starter;I''m a Deucshe Bag.

Just wondering - to what extent have you cross referenced this swing? In other words are you sure that it''s not more a case of those who like to do nothing but whine keeping their powder dry and those who enjoy a bit of optimism taking their day in the sun?

How many people have changed their mind fickly? I''ve commented a fair bit lately on pre season and the like but nothing I''ve written contradicts or disguises anything I might have said before.

I don''t know.Maybe no one has changed their opinion, and it''s just different posters. Didn''t really pay that much attention to who the post was, just I remember the general populous at the time was voting towards the negative. Maybe since the optimists have dusted off their keyboards and started posting the negative-nobodys have silnced for a while and created what seems to be their mass-optimism and giving me the impression of Swings?..Interesting

Just wait, if we lose Saturday everyone will be negative.Look up the following :Jimmy Greaves   : Funny Old GameFootball fan   :  Fickle

Ha, yes! That will be great (in a sick and twisted way, which I don''t want to see happen ONE BIT!) Should we lose on saturday I predict 10 posts saying "Gunn Out" and "We need time to gel" "We need a target man/goal scorer" and maybe even the few, I wish to sell my season ticket and remove my head with a butter knife.

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]I gotta admit, I''ve been chuckling away at these hoolahan posts!
I remember (before the friendlies kicked in) Reading you all posting about how Hoolahan was poor, and if we recieved an offer you''d bite your hands off for him! Then he plays a couple of UNCOMPTETIVE matches and all of a sudden "I Wouldn''t sell him even for 8mill"  "We need to keep him at all costs"  "he will single handedly win us the league" Pop up everywhere!!

The same with WLY, everyone it seemed would rather see their mother be struck down with swine flu than him re-sign, but all of a sudden everyone is cheerful about it!

I''ve been a fan of Gunn since he stated he wants the job to correct his mistakes, and will stick by him, but good god. I''ve seen more opinions change on him that anything, it''s unreal. Firstly he was Osama Bin Laden, George Bush and Ian Huntley rolled into a juicey ball of hatrid, now he''s Barrack Obama, Chuck Norris and Alex Fergurson.

Sorry, this isn''t a rant, or an insult to ANYONE, i''m not being negative, or even complaining, i''m just POINTING OUT SOMETHIGN I FIND FUNNY.

I''m curious to see what would happen should Hoolahan leave? Would it have the croft effect? "They don''t know what a donkey they''ve got" - or would he recieve the Clingan effect, where people are actually sad to see him go.. I guess it all depends on who the post-ee is I suppose!

Anyways, Rant over. I am prepared for the onslaught of insults etc, so i''ll give you a starter;

I''m a Deucshe Bag.
[/quote]

Now I''m confoosed!

I said he is too lightweight for league one and I stand by that. Don''t get me wrong I still think he can do a job for us but he will get pushed off the ball a fair bit.

Will we? I''d like to think that apart from the usual doomsayers, that sensible people can see that so much has changed around the club that what is needed now is a period of blind support.  Not an unending period, but at least 10 games of utter positivity?[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Just wait, if we lose Saturday everyone will be negative.Look up the following :Jimmy Greaves   : Funny Old GameFootball fan   :  Fickle[/quote]

Hoolahan may have found his true playing stranded in division 3. You still have to consider how many times he gives the ball away in our own half trying to dribble past that 3rd or 4th opponent or just gets pushed off the ball.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST