Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Leeds Want Hoolahan... :(

Uncle being a Leeds fan, i''ll quote what he said to me online:"Apparently So Grayson Was With Him @ Blackpool And Wants Him Onboard

Lol All Over Elland Road Yesterday M8 Apparently Hes The Man To Replace

Delph"
Lets be honest, it''s not like they couldn''t afford him. Thoughts?

Why would Hoolahan bother, the only reason for him to leave would be championship football, which Norwich and Leeds should be playing next season, he might not even want to go to a championship team, maybe only premiership, which i doubt will happen.

Exciting times, i live near Elland Road, i dont mind driving to Norwich and taking him back to Leeds!

Im not a fan, wouldnt be a massive loss.

Cant see him been much of a replacment for Delph, hes certinally not a holding DM.

Don''t sell him for whatever! Even if we get 8 Mil for him, we won''t find anyone for 8 million who would want to come and replace him. Also we wont have much time to find a good deal...

CDMullins, how can you think that, have you ever seen him play? Specially in League 1, if he goes to Leeds then him & Beckford as a partnership will get them the title.

I have had this debate on many threads on here! Im really not a fan, and yes i have seen him play.

Ill pretend you didnt just say dont take £8,000,000 for him!

I agree that i don''t see why he would want to move to another League 1 club and one that on the face of it does not have a markedly better chance of promotion than us.

The problem would presumably come if they out in a bid and we accept it which is why i was really nervous about that article yesterday. on the one hand it could have been Gunn being naive, if being cynical it was him drumming up interest and trying to inflate any price we could get for Hoolahan. if the latter then its a disgrace.

Knowing Leeds have £8m in the bank from Delph if we accapt anything less than £3m for Hoolahan (who is a better player in my opinion) it will be a joke. Unless of course Neil Doomcaster, contract negotiator extraordinaire, agreed to a patheticly low release clause in Hooly''s contract!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Exciting times, i live near Elland Road, i dont mind driving to Norwich and taking him back to Leeds!

Im not a fan, wouldnt be a massive loss.

Cant see him been much of a replacment for Delph, hes certinally not a holding DM.

[/quote]

You clearly (i) have not seen any of our pre-season games (ii) did not see any of the games after gunn took over last season when Hoolahan played or (iii) know nothing about football.

No, I have not been to Scotland, Didnt watch him against the pub teams, Nor did i watch him play against Manchester United U18''s.

I dont understand the hype over him. Il re-say what i said in a previous thread, Wes is 27 and we are the biggest club he has played for.

He doesnt make the ROI team, Doesnt score many, isnt that quick, is very one footed and light weight and is very incosistant.

One poster actually called him ''World class and premiership standard'' if so

Why is he still at Norwich City playing third tier football?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I agree that i don''t see why he would want to move to another League 1 club and one that on the face of it does not have a markedly better chance of promotion than us.

The problem would presumably come if they out in a bid and we accept it which is why i was really nervous about that article yesterday. on the one hand it could have been Gunn being naive, if being cynical it was him drumming up interest and trying to inflate any price we could get for Hoolahan. if the latter then its a disgrace.

Knowing Leeds have £8m in the bank from Delph if we accapt anything less than £3m for Hoolahan (who is a better player in my opinion) it will be a joke. Unless of course Neil Doomcaster, contract negotiator extraordinaire, agreed to a patheticly low release clause in Hooly''s contract!

[/quote]

If neil doomcaster put a low release clause in hoolahan contract, then wouldn''t he be gone by now?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

No, I have not been to Scotland, Didnt watch him against the pub teams, Nor did i watch him play against Manchester United U18''s.

I dont understand the hype over him. Il re-say what i said in a previous thread, Wes is 27 and we are the biggest club he has played for.

He doesnt make the ROI team, Doesnt score many, isnt that quick, is very one footed and light weight and is very incosistant.

[/quote]Oh, so you didn''t see the 40 yard first-time cross-field ball he played against Wigan? Still, it was only pre-season, we''ve got plenty of people in the squad who can do the same - the guy hasn''t got any class when it comes to real games.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Oh, so you didn''t see the 40 yard first-time cross-field ball he played against Wigan? Still, it was only pre-season, we''ve got plenty of people in the squad who can do the same - the guy hasn''t got any class when it comes to real games.
[/quote]

Sorry you seem to contradict yourself so many times in that post, I also detect sarcasm. Are you Pro or Anti Hoolopoo?

I didnt realise 1 40 yard pass made you world class.

Fact of the matter is that we need to keep him, I wouldnt say that he is world class or even maybe prem standard! However, I think after seeing several games that he is one of our best players, or is our best player! Even if oyu didnt put it down to skill, he is one of the few players that constantly wants the ball, and works hard.

I think we shouldnt even consider selling him!

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]Oh, so you didn''t see the 40 yard first-time cross-field ball he played against Wigan? Still, it was only pre-season, we''ve got plenty of people in the squad who can do the same - the guy hasn''t got any class when it comes to real games.[/quote]

Sorry you seem to contradict yourself so many times in that post, I also detect sarcasm. Are you Pro or Anti Hoolopoo?

I didnt realise 1 40 yard pass made you world class.

[/quote]Yep, sorry it was a little bit sarcastic. Point being, he absolutely ran the show against Wigan, and now he''s being utilised in his favoured position he looks like he will be able to destroy teams almost single handedly. Again, only pre-season but I certainly would not want him to go before he''s shown what he can do in league matches.

Ken Bates has been quoted as saying (on the leeds united official website): "He does have someone he is close to bringing in and as soon as he does we will announce it."He= Simon Grayson.

I really really hope it aint Hoolahan hes referring to....

Bottom line he is worth more to us in the side than if we sell him. We wouldn''t get more than £500,000 for him

He''s really not proven himself at a higher level so how can he be worth £3millon!

He owe''s us after an injury riddled first season and I admire his commitment thus far. If he was so into Grayson he wouldn''t have left Blackppol!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]Fact of the matter is that we need to keep him, I wouldnt say that he is world class or even maybe prem standard! However, I think after seeing several games that he is one of our best players, or is our best player! Even if oyu didnt put it down to skill, he is one of the few players that constantly wants the ball, and works hard. I think we shouldnt even consider selling him![/quote]

Yes, but not at any cost. Leeds are a much bigger club than Norwich and must be firmer favourites than us for auto promotion so there will clearly be an attraction for Hoolahan and, of course, he isn''t getting any younger.

Why would we want to sell him to one of our rivals for promotion? He wont be going up a division by joining Leeds like Marshall and Croft did when they joined Cardiff and Derby, and he said a few weeks back he wanted to stay at Norwich. He would be betraying the fans if he went back on his word and left Norwich to join Leeds.

[quote user="canaryfan"]

Why would we want to sell him to one of our rivals for promotion? He wont be going up a division by joining Leeds like Marshall and Croft did when they joined Cardiff and Derby, and he said a few weeks back he wanted to stay at Norwich. He would be betraying the fans if he went back on his word and left Norwich to join Leeds.

[/quote]

I''m guessing that he only said that he wanted to stay at Norwich because nobody had come in for him at that time like a few others I can think of over the years. He''s 27 ( I think) and not one of the biggest earners. Not many years left playing football. Therefore, he must be looking to exploit his worth to the maximum in order to build as big a financial cushion for the future as he can. Loyalty to the fans doesn''t come into the equation. If he stays at Norwich out of loyalty will you pay his pension ? Of course not.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="NottsCanary"]Fact of the matter is that we need to keep him, I wouldnt say that he is world class or even maybe prem standard! However, I think after seeing several games that he is one of our best players, or is our best player! Even if oyu didnt put it down to skill, he is one of the few players that constantly wants the ball, and works hard. I think we shouldnt even consider selling him![/quote]

Yes, but not at any cost. Leeds are a much bigger club than Norwich and must be firmer favourites than us for auto promotion so there will clearly be an attraction for Hoolahan and, of course, he isn''t getting any younger.

[/quote]

Leeds are not that much bigger than us these days and IMHO are not that great a bet for promotion having seen them play a few times last season. yes they are one of the favourites but have no better chance than us. If we were to accept an offer it will need to be a very big one!

Well there is the point that I think his wife is from Suffolk and wants to keep living in the area. Not cast iron I admit but might be a factor in him wanting to stay here?

[quote user="canaryfan"]

[/quote]Players often say what is the most sensible at the time, he wouldn''t say he didn''t want to stay in case he had no choice and had to stay. I will be surprised if he is here at the start of the season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[/quote]

Leeds are not that much bigger than us these days and IMHO are not that great a bet for promotion having seen them play a few times last season. yes they are one of the favourites but have no better chance than us. If we were to accept an offer it will need to be a very big one!

[/quote]

I agree that Leeds have been langushing in the lower divisions for a few seasons now but there is no disputing their pedigree, the huge size of their fan base and their potential. IMO Leeds are a much bigger club than Norwich from whatever pespective you look from. That''s not to belittle Norwich, I just think that it''s fact. If Norwich fail to gain promotion this season I guess that attendances here will plummet. If you like that will be the true perspective. In any case, Hoolahan has got to secure his future so if Leeds offer him a much better financial deal than we are able to then the writing will be on the wall.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I''d slap a £3mil price tag and not let him go for a penny less.[/quote]

Way to go ! I''m guessing he''ll be on his way if we are offered £750K.

[quote user="canaryfan"]

[/quote]

When have footballers ever let that bother them ?

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I''d slap a £3mil price tag and not let him go for a penny less.[/quote]

Way to go ! I''m guessing he''ll be on his way if we are offered £750K.

[/quote]

about 500k - 750k and he''s gone, remember evrey was saying we were gonna get £3 mill for clingan about a month ago