Sign in to follow this  
petesaull

Matty Pattison

Is anyone else at a loss at why we''re letting Pattison go so easily?  On the occasions I''ve seen him play for us he''s looked excellent - and he can actually pass the ball!  Have I missed something?

[quote user="petesaull"]

Is anyone else at a loss at why we''re letting Pattison go so easily?  On the occasions I''ve seen him play for us he''s looked excellent - and he can actually pass the ball!  Have I missed something?

[/quote]

You most certainly were watching different games to me! Let it go

probably a mixture of :unsettlednot in first team planshigh wages

Dont forget he is also Rodents golden boy so Gunn probably doesnt rate him.Id agree its a shame because i think he could be a beast for us in League One. But its just not to be is it ?

Excellent is not a word I would have ever considered using personally.

[quote user="petesaull"]

[/quote]

I think he had a great deal to offer. Two good feet, decent in the air and an eye for goal. He is inconsistent, but then he''s only in his early twenties. This whole "he was a Roeder signing" is a huge red herring - the lad has got talent, but clearly his face doesn''t fit with Team Gunn. I just hope we got a decent chunk of our £1M back.

I guess he is on high wages and he had 2 years left on his contract. Are we getting a fee for him? If not he has proved a very expensive signing because if I remember rightly we paid £500,000 for him!

I think he''s a fairly tidy player to be honest. Streets ahead of someone like Lappin who gets rimmed on a regular basis by posters on this forum!Around Xmas time when he was playing alongside Clingan with Bell, Hoolahan and Croft ahead of them and Lita as a lone striker (sort of a 4-2-3-1) we actually looked a pretty decent side. Then Roeder chopped and changed things, got himself sacked and the rest is history.

Has serious issues off pitch that need addressing, hence why no other english club interested

Good luck fighting the demons Patty

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I think he''s a fairly tidy player to be honest. Streets ahead of someone like Lappin who gets rimmed on a regular basis by posters on this forum!Around Xmas time when he was playing alongside Clingan with Bell, Hoolahan and Croft ahead of them and Lita as a lone striker (sort of a 4-2-3-1) we actually looked a pretty decent side. Then Roeder chopped and changed things, got himself sacked and the rest is history.[/quote]

Agreed, Shack, Pattison is much better cover on the left than Lappin ''though both ''em aren''t really what the squad need - provided Hoolahan is kept at his most effective playing in a free role, we''re still, and even more so now, seriously lacking pace & cover down that left side.I''m not sure, but I''m pretty certain I saw Albert Adomah''s name mentioned a couple of times here. [;)]

Pattison is awful. The last time i saw him, he barely left the centre circle and left his CM partner to do the running for him. As for cover on the left, i would much prefer Lappin, he can actually cross and pass the ball whereas Pattison just kicks into space and hopes a yellow shirt can get to the ball.

Hang on - £1million, eh? What?If you arre refering to Pattison he didn''t cost £1million.[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="petesaull"]

[/quote]

I think he had a great deal to offer. Two good feet, decent in the air and an eye for goal. He is inconsistent, but then he''s only in his early twenties. This whole "he was a Roeder signing" is a huge red herring - the lad has got talent, but clearly his face doesn''t fit with Team Gunn. I just hope we got a decent chunk of our £1M back.

[/quote]

Despite the obvious potential, I would be a rich man if a quid for every time he passed without actually looking up to see who or where he was passing to

Shack attack wrote: "I think he''s a fairly tidy player to be honest. Streets ahead of someone like Lappin who gets rimmed on a regular basis by posters on this forum!"

I don''t like the sound of that!

It was clear that whatever his ability he and team gunn did not fit - his departure was inevitable and as such good to get him off the books.

That just leaves Rusty of the wannaways to dispose of and I find the reluctance to sell all rather bizarre given both the quality of his performances and clear lack of interest in staying here.

And Stefanovic who appears, like Patty, to be an unwanted that we cant find a buyer for because his injury and high wages make it difficult to find someone to show an interest  

Sorry if I''m asking a stupid question - but does anyone know what we got for him? He''s only 24 and under contract so it must have been something! Or is it yet another ''undisclosed fee''?! Can''t say I''m that sorry to see him go. Did have moments of brilliance - like away at Forrest but unfortunately those were very rare.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I think he''s a fairly tidy player to be honest. Streets ahead of someone like Lappin who gets rimmed on a regular basis by posters on this forum!Around Xmas time when he was playing alongside Clingan with Bell, Hoolahan and Croft ahead of them and Lita as a lone striker (sort of a 4-2-3-1) we actually looked a pretty decent side. Then Roeder chopped and changed things, got himself sacked and the rest is history.[/quote]It''s always nice to know I''m not mental. I thought he had a good start to last season, got on the scoresheet a couple of times, looked determined, high on confidence and a good part of the squad. Lappin is .... a v e r a g e.I can only guess the amount of bad feeling on here toward Pattison is Roeder related, and because his career here didn''t start fabulously. Oh well, he''s gone now.....

Pattison clearly did not & never has fit into Gunns Plans. I am led to believe he was on £3,200 a week which is not a big wage. He was not in the team during the latter part of last season due to an alleged second incident after the unfortunate drinking episode.

He gave his all on the pitch but thats about all you can say as he clearly lacked football ability.

I would also dearly like to know how much we got for him, it could not of been more than a token fee!