Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

Worst fans you have experienced on away trips????

[quote user="Klobo7"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Jim Smith"]

I agree we have history with Grimsby. I nearly got a kicking there at the first away game I went to with my mates where we decided not to use Club canary. Akinbiyi got a last minute equaliser and lots of Norwich fans invaded the pitch. After the game we were walking along with a decent sized mob of Norwich fans who were basically taking the mick. Unfortunately though they all turned off to go to the station whilst we had to carry on towards the twon centre where we had parked. Within 30 seconds we were getting some grief.

Same with QPR and Palace in recent years which might explain a couple of the incidents referred to above although personally i''ve never had any hassle there other than being treated like cr*p by the police. Tends to be a bit tasty as QPR away is normally a game where our lads turn out so their lads are on the lookout for some action.

I tend to find that generally the games against the notorious hooligan clubs I experience very little trouble as generally I tend to keep it low key and also they are not particularly bothered about us as they consider themselves to have bigger fish to fry. The likes of QPR and Grimsby however we have had ongoing feud with since the 80''s as well as Palace more recently. I suspect next time we go to Leicester it won''t be very pleasant either!

[/quote]

A QPR pub friend mentioned that we tend to have a few rumbles with them.Any reason for this? To be honest i have always felt safe at Loftus.

[/quote] Yeah I''ve never felt bothered at QPR either.[/quote]

Been to QPR a couple of times and never had any problems. All I remember is the guy with buck teeth wearing a sombrero in the home end is quite an.....erm......character? lol
[/quote]

LOL [:D]What a clown!! Can''t help but smile at the memory of him.All game he gives it ''the big ''un'' only to get a torrent of abuse back[Y]

another cracker this year will be tranmere away. they seem to let the local teen idiots sit right next to the away fans. if anyone remembers the bar under the stand is right next to the home bar except for a metal door with railings. can be very interesting at half time!  

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Klobo7"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Jim Smith"]

I agree we have history with Grimsby. I nearly got a kicking there at the first away game I went to with my mates where we decided not to use Club canary. Akinbiyi got a last minute equaliser and lots of Norwich fans invaded the pitch. After the game we were walking along with a decent sized mob of Norwich fans who were basically taking the mick. Unfortunately though they all turned off to go to the station whilst we had to carry on towards the twon centre where we had parked. Within 30 seconds we were getting some grief.

Same with QPR and Palace in recent years which might explain a couple of the incidents referred to above although personally i''ve never had any hassle there other than being treated like cr*p by the police. Tends to be a bit tasty as QPR away is normally a game where our lads turn out so their lads are on the lookout for some action.

I tend to find that generally the games against the notorious hooligan clubs I experience very little trouble as generally I tend to keep it low key and also they are not particularly bothered about us as they consider themselves to have bigger fish to fry. The likes of QPR and Grimsby however we have had ongoing feud with since the 80''s as well as Palace more recently. I suspect next time we go to Leicester it won''t be very pleasant either!

[/quote]

A QPR pub friend mentioned that we tend to have a few rumbles with them.Any reason for this? To be honest i have always felt safe at Loftus.

[/quote] Yeah I''ve never felt bothered at QPR either.[/quote]Been to QPR a couple of times and never had any problems. All I remember is the guy with buck teeth wearing a sombrero in the home end is quite an.....erm......character? lol[/quote]

LOL [:D]What a clown!! Can''t help but smile at the memory of him.All game he gives it ''the big ''un'' only to get a torrent of abuse back[Y]

[/quote]Not since Andy Marshalls first return to Carrow Road have I seen one ''man'' take so much abuse during a football match lol

Being only 17 I never had the ''pleasure'' if seeing the 80s matches some of you are speaking of.

I can defend the guy who mentioned the trouble at Birmingham last season, we got a lot of hassle by a group as we were stuck one a roundabout on the club canary coach.

Palace wasn''t a particulary pleasant experience in 2004. I was only 13 at the time and we (suprisingly) lost. Me and my dad had to walk past a stream of palace fans to get to our friends waiting for us. We got a lot of stick until we started walking with our friends as they Are palace supporters.

In terms of friendly days out, oddly, I found Leeds quite enjoyable. It was the season they went down and we drew but played well. I distinctly remember Leeds supporters singing ''that''s why we''re going down!'' to us as we walked down a road.

Good fun :-)

Regarding QPR history - I seem to reall in 1979 there was a bit of spat with the locals in the away end. Bizzarly I remember Racey and "Some girls" was playing over the Tannoy. London fans are usually pretty unpleasant especially Millwall, Spurs and West Ham. Derby back in the mid 70''s was pretty hairy also. I had to have a little smile whilst watching the Canaries Classics DVD and the away match at Portsmouth. Shortly after we have the temerity to go in front, you can hear the locals singing a rendition of "You''re gonna get you''re ******* heads kicked in!" That took me back to another time and a place.

At Layer Road a couple of years back. We were away to Colchester which was a 5:20 or 5:45 kick off, whereas Ipswich were a 3pm kick off at home. After our game had finish (Ended 1-1, most boring draw i''ve ever seen), a group of Ipswich fans were waiting on the corner just up the road from the ground. Our lucky coach was the one that got bricks pelted at it. Luckily, the window where it was partially shattered was an empty seat i think. Thats about it for mine i guess.

quote user="Disco Dale''s Tash"

quote user="Disco Dale''s Tash" - Crystal Palace for me, 4 seasons ago before the game we were in one of the locals when a brick came flying through the window with 30 or so Palace fans doing their over-hyped throat slit gesture.

Luckily the Police rounded them up and we made the game with no probs!"

"If that was on the main street up from the station, they were actually Norwich."

"It wasn''t far from the station, but it was palace fans outside - might have been confronting the city away then.  Did you see a city fan do it?"

We were outside a pub on the corner just up from the station and the Cherry Tree, something obviously happened up the main street (police vans etc....) then about 30 lads got marched past by the police.  At first we thought they were Palace but they were definately City- and i was told they`d attacked a Palace pub and put one of the windows out.....Naughty boys tut,tut,tut.......

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]worst set of fans with regards to supporting their team I think are Birmingham. Pathetic to think their average attendance last year was 18k when you consider they were near the top of the league all season. When I was there last season there was zero atmosphere apart from lots of booing when things weren''t going their way![/quote]

Didn''t some Birmingham fans smash up the Murderers a few years ago?

[/quote]

Birmingham Cs gased The Murderers, and procceeded to get a bit of justice from some Norwich lads following this and the season after Not defending it, but if someone sprays you with cs gas and tries to give you a kiccking you will retaliate or run off, and considering they locked the door, there was nowhere for people to run.

Been a rivalry with QPR and Grimsby for many years for whatever reason.

[quote user="Romantic"]Sir Arthur, You always say "not defending it" just before you go ahead and defend a ruck.[/quote]

Its no different to saying "we are at war with Iraq" but i dont agree with it. When you talk about something that happens or has happened doesnt mean you support it.

Stoke fans are scum; horrible little place inhabited by horrible people. I got punched in the back of the head for no reason whilst walking to the Britannia two years ago...

...it''s the only piece of violence I have experienced at a footie match since a fight between a couple of Arsenal fans broke out in the South Stand at one of my first ever matches...back when Dave Stringer was in charge.

[quote user="Rob Ullathorne''s Puma Kings"]

Stoke fans are scum; horrible little place inhabited by horrible people. I got punched in the back of the head for no reason whilst walking to t

i was thereat stoke, we got there early and parked behind the stand, there were loads of groups of lads,older ring leaders outside,wouldnt have faniced walking through that lot!

Birmingham fans were very graceful at Cardiff but remember, before the game evryone was in good spirits at the prospect of promotion. And after wat did they hav to moan about? If they had lost i think it would have been a different story...........As one guy walkin up the road near me was shaking peoples hands and another was belting out ''''sh!t on the river, sh!t on the river tonight...............''''

Sure if we had won and sung that they wouldnt have been so nice........

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

I got a few, remembering going to Elland road and we park at the back of the cantilever stand, you had to walk through a tunnel to get back, lined with Leeds fans!! bricked my self.

Also went to watch Norwich play Grimsby in the FA cup, before the grimsby fans warned us not hang about!! They weren''t wrong, we parked in cleethorpes, as we where walking back i heard some chanting i turned around there where 100 fans on the other side, follow 30 of us, i was 16ish as they started to run me and my mate whipped off our shirts and hid in a garden!

And 1 more for you! Norwich V''s middlesbrough at ayesome park! after the game we got lost in the city, drove into middlesbrough fans, as a welcome they chucked a full coke can through the front window!! lovely!

[/quote]

i was always find the midland most intimidating - villa & brum especially

although the norwich ''fans'' at leicester the season before last weren''t much better!