Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Stefanovic close to leaving

This bloke is a joke. He says after we have been relegated that he will stay and play with us and then 2 days before season starts he leaves us in the lurch by going! We must have paid loads for him to sit about recovering from injury! Leaves only 1 roeder signing left in the squad, in hoolahan

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]This bloke is a joke. He says after we have been relegated that he will stay and play with us and then 2 days before season starts he leaves us in the lurch by going! We must have paid loads for him to sit about recovering from injury! Leaves only 1 roeder signing left in the squad, in hoolahan
[/quote]

Who says it him wanting to leave and not the club wanting him off the wage bill?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Surely it''s for the best for the club that we''re offloading a 34 year old on high wages who has just suffered a serious injury.[/quote]

Agreed. No problem with that at all.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]This bloke is a joke. He says after we have been relegated that he will stay and play with us and then 2 days before season starts he leaves us in the lurch by going! We must have paid loads for him to sit about recovering from injury! Leaves only 1 roeder signing left in the squad, in hoolahan
[/quote]

Hardly leaving us in the lurch when we have good cover. I imagine this has been on the cards for a while.

So he is the one who wants to leave, but the club is in discussion about paying up his contract??

How does that work??

[quote user="bleach"]Should have got rid of him after his injury then, rather than paying 8 months of wages or whatever for no return[/quote]

Yeh yet again we are constantly getting told about how little money the club has yet we are wasting money paying stefanovic for 8 months before he moves on

[quote user="seby1991"]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1744829,00.html

Ok I was wrong this time he does want to go now just come up on official site. Cant really see who else will take him on with his high wages and he clearly wont be able to pay in every game

[/quote]

Yep, apologies to OP I was wrong also. Says he wants to move south again, Southampton?

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Well couldnt we get rid of him after we got relegated to save wages?
[/quote]

Only by paying up his contract which would have brought the expenditure forward. Clearly no-one would have signed him while he was injured.

[quote user="seby1991"]

[quote user="bleach"]Should have got rid of him after his injury then, rather than paying 8 months of wages or whatever for no return[/quote]

Yeh yet again we are constantly getting told about how little money the club has yet we are wasting money paying stefanovic for 8 months before he moves on

[/quote]

Do we not claim the wages on insurance when a player has a bad injury? Sorry if this is a daft question but I don''t really know how the player insurance works.

It''s nothing to do with his injury or money or anything else.

Delia has demanded the no.6 shirt be vacated as she can''t imagine her beloved Darren wearing any other number if/when he returns.

Dejan wasn''t prepared to wear anything else as it would undermine him, so he''s being turfed out.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="seby1991"]

[/quote]

Do we not claim the wages on insurance when a player has a bad injury? Sorry if this is a daft question but I don''t really know how the player insurance works.

[/quote]

No, its a good question. However, my understanding is that, in order to cut costs we didn''t have injury  insurance on the players so we had to meet the salary payments regardless.

Shame, if he stayed fit he would probably have been excellent at this level.  Mind, he also might just as easily have been exposed for lack of pace every game and found himself skinned by every kid in the league... We have Askou, Doc and Nelson, with Spillane as cover.  We should be fine, if there''s a major injury this year we have plenty of space for a loan or two... [:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="seby1991"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, its a good question. However, my understanding is that, in order to cut costs we didn''t have injury  insurance on the players so we had to meet the salary payments regardless.

[/quote]

If your understanding is correct, it would be interesting to know (not that we ever will) what the comparative costs were i.e insurance vs wages.

Surely if HE wants to leave, then we should pay nothing, as its not us that wants to terminate his contract, so no compensation???? Especially as he has been using our facilities and staff to help recover from his injury??

[quote user="NottsCanary"]Surely if HE wants to leave, then we should pay nothing, as its not us that wants to terminate his contract, so no compensation???? Especially as he has been using our facilities and staff to help recover from his injury??[/quote]

He could buy out his contract (or effectively get another club to do it) and that I think is what this is really all about.

Stefanovic wanted to stay but is on a very high salary (even after the relegation clause kicked in). The club wanted him off the wage bill but didn''t want to pay off his contract. What to do|?

The answer is, of course, very simple. Hold on to the player until you''ve signed replacements and then freeze him out of first team activity ( he has been fit for a couple of weeks) until he decides that he''s got to leave.

He will head off for one more payday after taking our payoff, get injured and retire at end of season.  You read it here first!

I seem to remember us claiming Greens wages from the FA when he got injured playing for England. Is it only international games which get covered or domestic clubs as well?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Shame, if he stayed fit he would probably have been excellent at this level.  Mind, he also might just as easily have been exposed for lack of pace every game and found himself skinned by every kid in the league... We have Askou, Doc and Nelson, with Spillane as cover.  We should be fine, if there''s a major injury this year we have plenty of space for a loan or two... [:P][/quote] IMO he was already a liability and would have been even worse than the Doc in league 1

cant imagine he would have played many games this season to be honest and his lack of pace would probably have seen him getting red cards when he did please.....so I think its a good move to get him of the wage bill and get another striker or RB in

once russell is off the wage bill surely this will allow us to sign another 4 players (if needed)