Sign in to follow this  
Ian James

Huddersfield to win the leauge.......

[quote user="Danielt88"]Don''t expect to see that fiver again.[/quote]Their squad is solid, good strong management team, they are dark horses to sneak the title if not out right favorites like us or Leeds.  That''s the thing about our fans, we seem to be very ignorant about the other teams in this League (and I''m not having a go at you Dan, it''s most fans) It won''t be easy, we are one of the best teams however, it isn''t just Leeds, MK Dons and Charlton that have a chance.

[quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Danielt88"]Don''t expect to see that fiver again.[/quote]

Their squad is solid, good strong management team, they are dark horses to sneak the title if not out right favorites like us or Leeds.  That''s the thing about our fans, we seem to be very ignorant about the other teams in this League (and I''m not having a go at you Dan, it''s most fans) It won''t be easy, we are one of the best teams however, it isn''t just Leeds, MK Dons and Charlton that have a chance.
[/quote]

You may or may not have been directing that directly at me but for my part I know about Huddersfield as the rest of my family are Huddersfield fans, hence why I replied. I think their signings have been overrated. Clarke and Kay are good signings definitely but they have also brought in a set of inexperienced players too. They have very little experience or leadership upfront and that is the position where I still question them

[quote user="Danielt88"]

[quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Danielt88"]Don''t expect to see that fiver again.[/quote]Their squad is solid, good strong management team, they are dark horses to sneak the title if not out right favorites like us or Leeds.  That''s the thing about our fans, we seem to be very ignorant about the other teams in this League (and I''m not having a go at you Dan, it''s most fans) It won''t be easy, we are one of the best teams however, it isn''t just Leeds, MK Dons and Charlton that have a chance.[/quote]

You may or may not have been directing that directly at me but for my part I know about Huddersfield as the rest of my family are Huddersfield fans, hence why I replied. I think their signings have been overrated. Clarke and Kay are good signings definitely but they have also brought in a set of inexperienced players too. They have very little experience or leadership upfront and that is the position where I still question them

[/quote]I''m guessing that the OP got tempting odds though? Interesting stuff. I''m certainly taking nothing for granted this season.

They''re going to score alot of goals with Rhodes, Simpson and Robinson. Plus they''ve got another guy who''s netted two hat-tricks in pre-season whos name escapes me (Novak?). All have been prolific at this level in the past, or prolific in pre-season.

Meanwhile, people like Peter Clarke and Anthony Kay (the two best players from other clubs in this league, as they both won P.O.T.Y. awards I believe) will mean things are tight at the back.

Therefore I''d definitely say they will be up there, and I personally tip them to win the league - although I''d like us to steal the title from them!

They''ve got good depth as well (especially in attack and defence), but could maybe do another midfielder or two. Their squad is just as good as ours anyway, and far better than Leeds''.