Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

The official media predictions thread

Always good to see what people think. Here''s the Time''s predictions for our upcoming season1. Leeds2. NORWICH3. MK Dons4. Huddesfield5. Brentford6. Charlton7. Millwall8. Tranmere9. Swindon10. Oldham11. Bristol Rovers12. Leyton Orient13. Walsall14. Southend Utd15. Southampton16. Wycombe17. Hartlepool18. Yeovil19. Gillingham20. Carlisle21. Colchester22. Brighton23. Exeter24. StockportAbout us:"Norwich City

Crowds of 20,000-plus at Carrow Road will demand that Norwich quickly

establish themselves among the promotion front-runners. Bryan Gunn, who

failed to keep the club up last season, is yet to convince he can make the

grade as a manager, but has been given financial backing to bolster the

squad with excellent signings such as Simon Whaley, the midfield player, and

Grant Holt, the experienced forward."

I think looking at other teams squad it is fair to say that it would be hard to imagine us anywhere worse than the top 5. However you could say same thing about Newcastle last year in the premiership. The predictions are drawn upon the squads and maybe not so much how teams gel etc. As we have a totally new looking side with so many signings it may take us a while before we start performing at our best. But regardless of this issue we have played well in pre-season so it looks promising. Only time will tell but i will predict a top 4 finish. Hopefully being automatically promoted though! :)

It''d be interesting to find out how last year''s media predictions turned out. I''ll just do some resea.........arghh can''t be bothered *slumps into heap*

[quote user="Michael Bates"]I think looking at other teams squad it is fair to say that it would be hard to imagine us anywhere worse than the top 5. However you could say same thing about Newcastle last year in the premiership. The predictions are drawn upon the squads and maybe not so much how teams gel etc. As we have a totally new looking side with so many signings it may take us a while before we start performing at our best. But regardless of this issue we have played well in pre-season so it looks promising. Only time will tell but i will predict a top 4 finish. Hopefully being automatically promoted though! :)[/quote]

It seems that in pre-season we have been gelling, we have a good blend of enthusiasm, experience and intelligence now. There does not seem to be any weak links, players looking for an easy ride, wantaways, etc. I think that we will hit the ground running and only get better...

I hope you are right MF, but as we all know the pre-season is seldom a good indicator for the season ahead.

We do have a lot of new players and a lot of potential there but this is going to be a long road back.  I really hope we start well as getting some momentum is going to be key.

However I think it will be interesting to see how the first team turn out to be and what happens with injuries etc.

Feeling really confident, did not think we would get a result against Wigan and thought we looked quality at times.

Come on next Saturday!

I checked ladbrokes for odds the other day - and they had Newcastle favourites to win Championship!

Personally i have them favourites to go down - no signings, no manager, no fans, and the owner is a moron!

4-4-2 mag have us down as finishing 15th!!! I''m sure they are anti Norwich, they never put Hucks in the top 50 players outside the Prem either!

Counting myself loosely (very loosely) as media, I''m predicting 1st !

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"]4-4-2 mag have us down as finishing 15th!!! I''m sure they are anti Norwich, they never put Hucks in the top 50 players outside the Prem either![/quote]

I''m sure the last time I bought that & they did one of those they rated Peter Thorne higher than Sammy Clingan!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

I checked ladbrokes for odds the other day - and they had Newcastle favourites to win Championship!

Personally i have them favourites to go down - no signings, no manager, no fans, and the owner is a moron!

[/quote]

thats a good bet ,also simeon jackson to be top scorer