Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is my Saturday night Pink Un scrapped?

No apologies if this has aready been mentioned but has the PU paper been scrapped? A highlight (and tradition ) in my Sundays is a hot cup of tea and toast in bed and reading the old Pinky.............well?

And here''s a link too...[url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/3/1781881/ShowPost.aspx#1781881[/url]And Smith Must Score''s post confirms this. It''s sad really (I still actually have all of them from the 2003-04 season) but I guess if it isn''t profitable anymore then they won''t bother with it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]And here''s a link too...

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/3/1781881/ShowPost.aspx#1781881[/url]

And Smith Must Score''s post confirms this. It''s sad really (I still actually have all of them from the 2003-04 season) but I guess if it isn''t profitable anymore then they won''t bother with it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the link Graham...........a sad day.

By the sounds of it though they are going to put a pinkun back in to publication, as it said at the bottom of the article, just differently.

Dont know what that means, surely that would miss the point of stopping priniting it??

My bet is either that it could become a supplement to either the evening News or the EDP at the weekend rather than seperately.Either that or possibly a monthly issue rather than weekly.

[quote user="chicken"]My bet is either that it could become a supplement to either the evening News or the EDP at the weekend rather than seperately.

Either that or possibly a monthly issue rather than weekly.
[/quote]

Apparently, its going to be a 12 page, pull out supplement in Monday''s EDP.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="chicken"]My bet is either that it could become a supplement to either the evening News or the EDP at the weekend rather than seperately.

Either that or possibly a monthly issue rather than weekly.
[/quote]

Apparently, its going to be a 12 page, pull out supplement in Monday''s EDP.[Y]

[/quote]

Indeed. Sadly too late for your Sunday tea and toast in bed though Wiz.

This makes me sad - weirdly, the PinkUn sort of got me into football. When I was young I''d visit my grandad every Sunday and he''d always have a copy there in his kitchen. I''d read it and learn about the game and the Canaries, and it really triggered my interest.

The Pink''Uns an institution so its sad it will not be coming out in its tryed and tested formula anymore but thats maybe a sign of the times with people getting info from the internet and shunning the football rag.

At least their will be a Pink Un pullout in Mondays EDP so actually the pink Un will be seen by more people!

A sad day. As a kid id jump off the Caroline Seagull Coach, (also sadly now gone), and stand around in the newsagents for half an hour waiting to read about the game id just watched. Then i''d run home to see what the Oracle (before Ceefax) had to say. 30 years later i''m still doing the same, just online. Next thing you know they''ll be shutting the chippie on the corner outside the Barclay and they''ll stop printing Ferry cross the Wensum!! Oh happy days...

The Pink''Un used to have two weekly editions...a Preview one on a Friday and the normal match report one on a Saturday.  Sad day indeed.  Like others have some old copies in the loft I got from a relation many years ago inc the day (1952?) we lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal.  Just about every bloke in the crowd (you can''t see any women or kids) is wearing a flat cap and a tie*. 

Going down the paper shop on Unthank Road after tea on a Saturday evening to queue up with loads of other people waiting for the van to turn up with the latest news of our inevitable away defeat was a tradition.  Crazy really as I lived in Mulbarton. 

Progress I suppose though like being told to sit down at games, wig wearing plastic supporters, club canary coaches (puke), stewards, where are the razor blades?

* Why no trousers? I have no idea before someone asks....

[quote user="First Wizard"]No apologies if this has aready been mentioned but has the PU paper been scrapped? A highlight (and tradition ) in my Sundays is a hot cup of tea and toast in bed and reading the old Pinky.............well?[/quote]

Sadly ''tis true Wiz.

You''ll just have to have your cup of hot tea and toast in bed and stare down at another old Pink ''Un !! ( just be careful if you spill your tea )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="First Wizard"]No apologies if this has aready been mentioned but has the PU paper been scrapped? A highlight (and tradition ) in my Sundays is a hot cup of tea and toast in bed and reading the old Pinky.............well?[/quote]

Sadly ''tis true Wiz.

You''ll just have to have your cup of hot tea and toast in bed and stare down at another old Pink ''Un !! ( just be careful if you spill your tea )

[/quote]

Perhaps adding a new meaning to the term ''bed ridden''

I remember fondly after Home matches, as part of the day''s routine, waiting for 6pm for the first pinkuns to come out before going home. And of course we all have at least one old Pinkun stored away from the 59 Cup Run don''t we?