Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

What the f**k is going on with the BBC?

We have radio 5 live on a work and I have just had to listen to 1 and a half hours of debate about Newcastle Utd. Do you remember all the coverage we recieved from aunty beeb when we were relegated from the prem? It was (ahem) less pronounced. They say that if you tell a lie often enough it will eventually become the truth and therefore even I''m starting to believe they have "the best fans in the world TM" Actually I''m not but shouldn''t this s**t be on radio geordie nation or something like that? The only good thing about this wasted 90 minutes of my life is that............and this is funny..........they actually think they might go straight back up. Ha Ha times a million. Think the beeb are doing 90 mins on Bristol City next week as they also managed to average 15,000ish whilst playing in the 2nd tier.

It''s just a feature on a big club now stuck in the Championship.

They should be so lucky.

I can''t sell a story about Norwich being stuck in League One (Third Division).  No one interested.

Maybe you should try flogging stories about Norwich to the broadsheets, they might be interested.http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/aug/05/bryan-gunn-norwich-city-manager

[quote user="yossarian"]We have radio 5 live on a work and I have just had to listen to 1 and a half hours of debate about Newcastle Utd. Do you remember all the coverage we recieved from aunty beeb when we were relegated from the prem? It was (ahem) less pronounced. They say that if you tell a lie often enough it will eventually become the truth and therefore even I''m starting to believe they have "the best fans in the world TM" Actually I''m not but shouldn''t this s**t be on radio geordie nation or something like that? The only good thing about this wasted 90 minutes of my life is that............and this is funny..........they actually think they might go straight back up. Ha Ha times a million. Think the beeb are doing 90 mins on Bristol City next week as they also managed to average 15,000ish whilst playing in the 2nd tier.[/quote]

newcastle have sold less season tickets then us!

talk sport also had the same debate, alan brazil makes me sick!

also a big horaah for bistol city!! whoopy doo!

Thought this bit was interesting (if true):"They''ve all bought into the mission, a lot of them could have signed

for other clubs on more money, that was something that happened with

half a dozen of the signings, maybe more. But, the attraction of the

crowds, the supporters, the facilities at the training ground and at

the stadium played a big factor in getting the majority of the guys here."The last part of the article seemed to have suffered from a cut-and-paste cock-up. Glad to see some things never change at the Grauniad .....

[quote user="BIC"]Maybe you should try flogging stories about Norwich to the broadsheets, they might be interested.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/aug/05/bryan-gunn-norwich-city-manager
[/quote]

The Guardian don''t pay enough to make it worthwhile. 

[quote user="yossarian"]We have radio 5 live on a work and I have just had to listen to 1 and a half hours of debate about Newcastle Utd. Do you remember all the coverage we recieved from aunty beeb when we were relegated from the prem? It was (ahem) less pronounced. They say that if you tell a lie often enough it will eventually become the truth and therefore even I''m starting to believe they have "the best fans in the world TM" Actually I''m not but shouldn''t this s**t be on radio geordie nation or something like that? The only good thing about this wasted 90 minutes of my life is that............and this is funny..........they actually think they might go straight back up. Ha Ha times a million. Think the beeb are doing 90 mins on Bristol City next week as they also managed to average 15,000ish whilst playing in the 2nd tier.[/quote]The Newcastle - West Brom game is being televised on BBC One on Saturday I believe.  It''s effectively a trailer for that.

Thats partly a good explanation , thanks. However if I''d had to suffer 45 mins of baggies banter followed by 45 mins of "best fans in the world........keegan......london mafia.......amazing atmosphere.......Shearer-Shearer.......best fans in the world........keegan........Shearer-Shearer.......keegan.......best fans in the world.......mackems.......boro........toon army.......Shearer-Shearer......best fans in the world" then wouldn''t have posted original complaint. By the way that was actual transcript of the best bit from 5live last night.