Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

January can't come quick enough

I see Worthy is moaning that the strikers at the club are not ruthless enough!! Lets get this straight, Worthy had all summer to bring in a striker and I feel that the failure to do this will probably cost us our place in the Prem. As for Doherty, while he maybe a good purchase as far as versatility goes he is by no way a prem striker.
I wonder how McKenzie is feeling, after that statement - he''s not had much of a chance to prove himself.

So you don''t think he tried his damnedest to bring in a striker during the summer? He said many times that he wanted to bring a striker in. You can''t force good strikers to become available at the right price and the right time, and it''ll be the same in January. Get real.

I agree about your McKenzie comment smudge.  If our current strikers aren''t being ruthless enough, Leon needs to be given a chance

I don''t think you can have a go at Worthy though.  I''m damn sure he would have tried his absolute upmost to bring in another striker.  It''s not his fault if the right person wasn''t available at the right price

[quote]So you don''t think he tried his damnedest to bring in a striker during the summer? He said many times that he wanted to bring a striker in. You can''t force good strikers to become available at the rig...[/quote]

No one is expecting Henry or Van Nistelrooy but there are strikers with prem experience in the fizzy league who could do a better job than Doherty. Sheringham, robbie blake etc.etc.

While Leon has had much chance to prove himself hae has had chances while he has been on the pitch yet has still not scored this season. So while it is harsh worthys commments do have some merit.

Its always easy to blame the strikers but where is the back up support or creation from midfield that gives our strikers a chance to miss? Look at Holt The Undroppable too worthy.

OTBC

my money is that Svennson will start- Worthy doesn''t play Leon and Hucks together- Leons only hope would be Hucks injury....

..All the best to Svenny- but deep down I know already what will happen

[quote]my money is that Svennson will start- Worthy doesn''t play Leon and Hucks together- Leons only hope would be Hucks injury.... ..All the best to Svenny- but deep down I know already what will happen[/quote]

But he said he was going to play him against Bristol, with Hucks.

[quote]I see Worthy is moaning that the strikers at the club are not ruthless enough !! Lets get this straight, Worthy had all summer to bring in a striker and I feel that the failure to do this will probab...[/quote]

Look, its quite simple guys and gals, poor old Worthy can''t do b***er all about it, until the board let him spend more than 3 millon for a proven quality striker!.

I believe they have never even reached 1 million (Roberts) so I''m not holding my breath for the January sales!.

I refuse to believe the cash isn''t there, so I suspect another cut price donkey will be ''''warming up'' even as I write.

Oh, bother and damnation!.

I dont think Leon will start tomorrow. Mainly because of lingering effects of the flu. As I''m sure you all know, it really can wipe you out and leave you with little energy even after full recovery.If Flem is out, it''s likely that Svensson will take Doc''s place up front. I would say, though, that if we''re in the diamond again, I think McVeigh should be up there with Hux if Leon is out.