Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

Norwich City a true football club

Very sad to hear and I hope you''re feeling well soon. A very nice gesture and one your club and fans should feel proud of. Agree with Scooby: call it Ipswich and do the double over it!

I can''t really add anything more other than to say the very best of luck to you .

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Three weeks ago I was rushed in to hospital and was told I had cancer. I have all but lost the ability to walk as the cancer is on the spine. My wife phoned the club to ask about changing my season to one in the disabled stand, which they said they would do no problem. They asked what was up with me and my wife explained all that had happend. Two days later a parcel arrived at mine and inside was a letter saying how sorry the club was to hear about my illness etc and wishing me well, plus a signed shirt. To me thats what our club is all about, what a lovely gesture that they didnt have to make. Cant imagine Man Utd or even Ipswich doing that. Thanks Norwich you cheered me up no end,[/quote]

A lovely gesture which makes up for some of the "other things" in football.

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery from me, also.

What a great effort by the club, and a great effort by you! Staying strong and supporting your club.Best wishes.

You sir make me proud to be a Norwich fan. Your courage is inspirational. I will think of you and your family at kick on Saturday. Football seems so insignificant and yet so important all at the same time. All the best.

I''m truely sorry for your awful health problems Yeovil, and I pray the Docs help ease/cure your problems, sometimes,  over critical posters like me, should remember what makes our great club so wonderful to support. 

Best wishes for the future.[Y]

Yeovil, like everyone else my best wishes will be with you as you face your challenge. You seem to be the type that''s up for the fight. While you will be having treatments I''m sure your time will sometimes be limited. However, why don''t you consider joining the best team on this forum that contributes a weekly selection to

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers." It''s the thread at the top of the forum. Nutty Nigel explains what it is in this weeks thread. It''s just a small thing but it will keep you focused on the positive contribution you can make each week for the benefit of NCFC. If you can focus on a few dozen small things that you continue to do for others that will go a long way to keeping your spirits at the top of their game in the coming months, and others around you will be inspired by you.

Can only wish you the very best of luck, and I sincerely believe you can and will beat this through the courage you''ve already shown.

As someone else said, if our team had half the fight of you, we''ll cruise this league!

Also, a magnificent thing to do by NCFC - one that makes me truly proud to support this team.

My very best wishes to you and your family.

Norwich City Football Club get plenty of critiscism on here - probably too much if truth be known - but your little tale shows that they can get things spot on as well.

Well done to the Club for this thoughtful gesture towards a supporter needing a little extra TLC right now.

Best wishes to you, your friends and family OTWTY, you have all our support. Also a top gesture by the club.

I hope the team give you something to cheer about on Saturday, and throughout the whole season!

OTWTY

Deeply sadden to hear your news, keep strong and positive and in 2 years we can all celebrate not only City’s return to the Premiership but also you beating this wretched illness , keep your chin up and never feel BLUE !!!!

Best wishes to you and your family,

NCFC, such gestures make me proud to be a Yellow!

OTBC

Hi Everyone

I can''t tell you just how much all of your kind messages mean to the family and myself, you have all cheered me up so very much.

I will beat this illness and like the idea of calling it Ipswich (meaning I know we can beat it).

Once again thank you all, and as I am not up to making Saturdays game please make some extra noise for me,

Love to you all

All the very best to you. As others have said this rather puts things into perspective. I''m sure with your positive attitude you will come out of this ok just as I''m sure this thread will be an inspiration to others for all kinds of reasons[Y]

good luck to you i really hope you get better soon .

anyone with this horrible illness i feel for as i have lost very close family .

i hope you get to watch many many more seasons im the premiership .

A lovely gesture from the club. The Cancer of today is very different to that of old what with Medical advances and New Medicine. You will be fine and i''m sure you will be here for many many more years to come. Which is just aswell if you want that Premier season!!

Best of Luck mate....[:D]

what a lovely gesture from carrow road,lets hope you get the treatment you need and started to feel better soon.all the best.

I''ve got a couple of friends who had the misfortune of battling cancer recently. Their courage is a constant inspiration to me.

You can & will beat this my friend, & your courage will be an inspiration to many, as it has been already on this board.

All the very best to you & your family.

I''ll be thinking of you at 3 O''clock on Saturday & I''ll shout that extra bit louder just for you.

Take care