Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

Norwich City a true football club

Three weeks ago I was rushed in to hospital and was told I had cancer.

I have all but lost the ability to walk as the cancer is on the spine.

My wife phoned the club to ask about changing my season to one in the disabled stand, which they said they would do no problem.

They asked what was up with me and my wife explained all that had happend.

Two days later a parcel arrived at mine and inside was a letter saying how sorry the club was to hear about my illness etc and wishing me well, plus a signed shirt.

To me thats what our club is all about, what a lovely gesture that they didnt have to make.

Cant imagine Man Utd or even Ipswich doing that.

Thanks Norwich you cheered me up no end,

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Three weeks ago I was rushed in to hospital and was told I had cancer.

I have all but lost the ability to walk as the cancer is on the spine.

My wife phoned the club to ask about changing my season to one in the disabled stand, which they said they would do no problem.

They asked what was up with me and my wife explained all that had happend.

Two days later a parcel arrived at mine and inside was a letter saying how sorry the club was to hear about my illness etc and wishing me well, plus a signed shirt.

To me thats what our club is all about, what a lovely gesture that they didnt have to make.

Cant imagine Man Utd or even Ipswich doing that.

Thanks Norwich you cheered me up no end,[/quote]Thats brilliant by the club, Sorry to hear about your illness [:(] OTBC!

Ever so sorry to hear about your illness, keep strong and battle on mate. Great gesture by the club but nothing will repay what you have been through in the last few weeks. [:(]

What a great gesture by the club, [:D]

I hope it helps to give you the spirit to fight your horrible illness, doesn''t it just put the rest of the world into context ?

Good luck to you mate !

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Three weeks ago I was rushed in to hospital and was told I had cancer. I have all but lost the ability to walk as the cancer is on the spine. My wife phoned the club to ask about changing my season to one in the disabled stand, which they said they would do no problem. They asked what was up with me and my wife explained all that had happend. Two days later a parcel arrived at mine and inside was a letter saying how sorry the club was to hear about my illness etc and wishing me well, plus a signed shirt. To me thats what our club is all about, what a lovely gesture that they didnt have to make. Cant imagine Man Utd or even Ipswich doing that. Thanks Norwich you cheered me up no end,[/quote]

Sorry to hear that mate lets hope you have something to cheer about come Saturday??

Keep strong mate.

"On the way to Yeovil"?  Don''t you worry mate, you''ll be on the way to Man Utd with us all in a couple of seasons.  All the best and get well very soon.

[quote user="Scooby"]"On the way to Yeovil"?  Don''t you worry mate, you''ll be on the way to Man Utd with us all in a couple of seasons.  All the best and get well very soon.[/quote]

Cheers Scooby I hope you are right!

Then I now have extra reason to give myself no voice by about 4.55 p.m. on Saturday! May City bring you some much-needed cheer this season, OTWTY. (I had my own scare four years ago but I''m not going to pretend I know what you''re going through - everyone is different. Take care and stay strong). OTBC

My old Mum''s just beaten it and she''s over eighty so I''m sure you will.

Here''s a thought. Give it another name,  call it Ipswich, then you''ll never let it beat you !!

The very best of luck. My best friend was diagnosed with lymphoma last spring and on two occasions his family was told that he was about to die. He is a very positive person and treated his illness as a challenge that he intended to win and 3 months ago he was told that he was in full remission.It can be beaten and more and more people are doing so. You  havemy very best wishes and I''m sure that you''ll come through.[:D]

Good luck Yeovil,hope everything goes well for you.[Y]

Top gesture by the club as well.

Be strong mate-you can beat this.I was diagnosed with it in early 2006 and, after some pretty miserable consultant appointments and the "holy trinity" of treatments (Chemo, Radiotherapy, radical surgery), I''m up, running and on my way to total remission, and if I, a whinging, whining, total hypocondriac (not only did I always think "I must have cancer", I ended up getting it for real!) can do so, you sure as hell can, and will.PM me if you ever want to chat about it and getting through.Cheers...Edold.harnser@gmail.com

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Three weeks ago I was rushed in to hospital and was told I had cancer. I have all but lost the ability to walk as the cancer is on the spine. My wife phoned the club to ask about changing my season to one in the disabled stand, which they said they would do no problem. They asked what was up with me and my wife explained all that had happend. Two days later a parcel arrived at mine and inside was a letter saying how sorry the club was to hear about my illness etc and wishing me well, plus a signed shirt. To me thats what our club is all about, what a lovely gesture that they didnt have to make. Cant imagine Man Utd or even Ipswich doing that. Thanks Norwich you cheered me up no end,[/quote]

Its moments in life like this that make you realize that Bill Shankly was only half joking..........

Football is an important part of our lives because often we have made friends through a shared passion.........

The shared experiences are what make a life......... the ups and downs..........the trials and tribulations.........

A football club that doesn''t understand that the passion we all share goes much deeper than a pure business transaction, has lost its soul.

I genuinely wish you well and hope that you enjoy the upcoming season.

If the players can match half your fight, courage and passion then we will have the championship won by Easter.

Best wishes with this fight buddy, it''s one you''ll win and join us all in our premier season in 2 years time.[;)]Stay positive and you''ll get there.

Best wishes to you ''On the way to the Premier League''.You have all my hopes for getting through this.x

A post like this really does put lives into perspective.

So sorry to hear this news, good luck to ya mate, I really wish you well.

OTBC

Cheers for the post Yeovil it''s nice to know that the club responded so well and sad to hear that they had to in the first place. All the luck in the world with recovery man.