Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

The joys of Non matching quote blocks in post !!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Remove any punctuation marks in the poster''s name you are quoting.[/quote]

Happens to me all the time since I downloaded Internet Explorer 8. Think I might revert back to 7 as 8 seems very slow and crap 

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Remove any punctuation marks in the poster''s name you are quoting.[/quote]Looks like a poorly written parser in the Community Server Forum code.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Remove any punctuation marks in the poster''s name you are quoting.
[/quote]

Looks like a poorly written parser in the Community Server Forum code.
[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking [*-)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Remove any punctuation marks in the poster''s name you are quoting.[/quote]Looks like a poorly written parser in the Community Server Forum code.[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote][;)] I would expect it''s just a regular expression based parser for the user names (can''t be sure), so it should just be a 2 minute fix.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Remove any punctuation marks in the poster''s name you are quoting.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

A parser is NOT a toilet brush Nutty![;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

A parser is NOT a toilet brush Nutty![;)]

[/quote]

Well stop harpic on about it then! It''s enough to drive a bloke cleasn round the bend!![:''(]

If individual posters checked their usernames and corrected them there would be no problem. For example, two posters on this thread........

I.S. ......remove full stops........

Pablo''s pubic perm.......remove apostrophe........

Problem solved![Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

If individual posters checked their usernames and corrected them there would be no problem. For example, two posters on this thread........

Problem solved![Y]

[/quote]

I tried that on another post and it didn''t work :(

In your case it looks like it could be a compatibility problem. If you''re on IE8, click the box on the left of your refresh button at the top of your screen. Hope that helps.

Problem solved![Y]

[/quote]The Problem is that the Forum software allows these characters in the usernames in the first place, even though they break other parts of the system - it''s not the fault of the users in this case I''m afraid.

In your case it looks like it could be a compatibility problem. If you''re on IE8, click the box on the left of your refresh button at the top of your screen. Hope that helps.

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! Had this problem for a week or so since downloading IE8 (like others it seems). Can now resume posting so watchout LQ!!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="lappinitup"]If individual posters checked their usernames and corrected them there would be no problem. For example, two posters on this thread........

Problem solved![Y][/quote]The Problem is that the Forum software allows these characters in the usernames in the first place, even though they break other parts of the system - it''s not the fault of the users in this case I''m afraid.[/quote]I wasn''t blaming you or anyone else I.S, simply pointing out where the problem was and how to avoid it. I agree with you that if the software refused to accept usernames which included these characteristics there would be no problem. However, if a few people read this thread and decide to delete the offending characteristics, they will probably find that they get more replies to their posts and therefore, find their forays onto this board more enjoyable.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Ps. full stops don''t appear to affect the software![:$][/quote]Doh, I just changed it too! Time to reinstate the full stops...