Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

How real Commentary should be done..........

[quote user="AndyJR"]

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=35644

I of course jest (as it wouldn''t work now) but this is rather brilliant to watch and listen to and watch.  Think my father might appreciate it mind, a different era.

[/quote]

Wow !

I wuz there ! 

So much noise, didn''t realise until I tried to speak to someone later on that I had completely lost my voice !

Cheers Andy

Nice work Andy. The proper river end there as well! I think the father you speak of may have been there!

[quote user="Chrisr"]Nice work Andy. The proper river end there as well! I think the father you speak of may have been there![/quote]The B.E.A.S.T''s work, as in found the linkage from his Facebook page.  Quality stuff!!

were the crowd told to "act" for the camera???? watch it again and look at the lads who take their hats off....

I notice Dany blanchflower played for spurs.... stick him on Wikipedia.. people only really associate George Best with Norther Irish football but Blanchflower came first and is probably one of footballs forgotten heros... he was the first man to captain a side to the double in the 20th century too....

jas :)

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]I wuz there ![/quote]Well, I''ve looked at it three times now and I still can''t see you Jim! [;)]

Yes it is an age away and yes it has changed, for me, out of all recognition.

Agree about Blanchflower, vastly underrated in these times but probably not at the time.

As a teen played against Greaves for Reading Reserves (Football Combination then, not the Tote Sport ballocks).  He was coming back from injury apparently.[:|]

They slaughtered us 6-0.  He hit a hat trick and I saved his penalty only by guessing the right way.

According to the Reading Chronicle only I stood between Reading Reserves and double figures[+o(]

Best moment for me was getting a hug at the end from Bill Brown (in goal for Spurs, also apparently coming back from injury).  (It was a manly hug in those days of course).

"Well played young laddie."

We walked off together.  Not sure we gave Bill a proper save to make.

And neither of us had a pair of gloves.

[+o(]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="AndyJR"]

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=35644

I of course jest (as it wouldn''t work now) but this is rather brilliant to watch and listen to and watch.  Think my father might appreciate it mind, a different era.

[/quote]

Wow !

I wuz there ! 

So much noise, didn''t realise until I tried to speak to someone later on that I had completely lost my voice !

Cheers Andy

[/quote]

Good link Andy[Y]

There''s more here and I have this link on my facebook page : -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7NNiTJ5Vh4

I wasn''t at any of them... way too young Jim [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]I wuz there ![/quote]Well, I''ve looked at it three times now and I still can''t see you Jim! [;)][/quote]

Ha ha ! I was the good looking one . . . . .[H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wasn''t at any of them... way too young Jim [;)]

[/quote]

The only one I missed was the last one nutty,

I had borrowed on my wages for weeks ahead and no one was prepared to give me any more credit ![:''(]