Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Hoolahan staying?

The club are doing everything possible to ensure that Wes stays. Looking positive that he will remain a City player beyond THIS transfer window.

There is all this speculation about Wes leaving, but does anyone know how he feels?

I thought he said he was staying, and if that is the case that''s the end of it.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

There is all this speculation about Wes leaving, but does anyone know how he feels?

I thought he said he was staying, and if that is the case that''s the end of it.

[/quote]

We have talked to The Hooligan 

Currently he has no plans to go anywhere.  "I told the gaffer that I am happy to stay here.  That was weeks ago.   I have a great relationship with him and Butters and they like to let me play the sort of game I think I am best it, dropping behind and doing some surprises when I can.  I am really enjoying my football.  Both of them have told me I am a part of their plans.  I''ve had some good game time and I think I''ve done okay so far.  I have not been told of any other club being interested in signing me but, in any case, my contract is with City and I''m happy with that.  I hope I have played myself into the team."

Question: "Would you go to another club if someone came in with an offer?"

Answer: "Only if Norwich City released me from my contract."

Question: "Do you have a clause in your personal contract that would enable you to talk to another club if a certain amount of money was offered?"

Answer: "Not that I am aware of."

Question: "Enjoying Norwich then, relegation and all?"

Answer: "It''s a pity we went down but am I enjoying my football?  Yes I am.  It''s a smashing place."

Upcoming feature on the "Irish" abroad for The Irish Times (no, not that Times, a PROPER Times).

Perhaps it has been overtaken by events?  Who knows?

Interview Tuesday.  And we had to do Keano as well.[:P]

Best we can do this end I''m afraid. [+o(]

Cam - some of the stuff he said there is extremely positive. I know it could well be "typical player paper talk", but he does genuinely seem settled here, which can only be a good thing.

I particularly like the way he said "I''ll only leave Norwich if they release me". I hope he nails his colours to the mast for the long-term, as I believe he''s more than capable of playing in a top-half Championship side (hopefully us in time!) when used in the right way - which seems to be happening here.

Why isn''t Gunny firmly saying ''Wes is not for sale'' rather than ''I hope we can hold onto him''. He is sending out all the wrong message here.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Cam - some of the stuff he said there is extremely positive. I know it could well be "typical player paper talk", but he does genuinely seem settled here, which can only be a good thing.

I particularly like the way he said "I''ll only leave Norwich if they release me". I hope he nails his colours to the mast for the long-term, as I believe he''s more than capable of playing in a top-half Championship side (hopefully us in time!) when used in the right way - which seems to be happening here.

[/quote]

He is currently a happy bunny and hoping to be on the team sheet v Colchester.  If you get an offer too hard to resist that''s down to you.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]Why isn''t Gunny firmly saying ''Wes is not for sale'' rather than ''I hope we can hold onto him''. He is sending out all the wrong message here.[/quote]

I could say but I''d probably get banned (again).

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

We have talked to The Hooligan 

Currently he has no plans to go anywhere.  "I told the gaffer that I am happy to stay here.  That was weeks ago.   I have a great relationship with him and Butters and they like to let me play the sort of game I think I am best it, dropping behind and doing some surprises when I can.  I am really enjoying my football.  Both of them have told me I am a part of their plans.  I''ve had some good game time and I think I''ve done okay so far.  I have not been told of any other club being interested in signing me but, in any case, my contract is with City and I''m happy with that.  I hope I have played myself into the team."

Question: "Would you go to another club if someone came in with an offer?"

Answer: "Only if Norwich City released me from my contract."

Question: "Do you have a clause in your personal contract that would enable you to talk to another club if a certain amount of money was offered?"

Answer: "Not that I am aware of."

Question: "Enjoying Norwich then, relegation and all?"

Answer: "It''s a pity we went down but am I enjoying my football?  Yes I am.  It''s a smashing place."

Upcoming feature on the "Irish" abroad for The Irish Times (no, not that Times, a PROPER Times).

Perhaps it has been overtaken by events?  Who knows?

Interview Tuesday.  And we had to do Keano as well.[:P]

Best we can do this end I''m afraid. [+o(]

[/quote]

Thanks for this Cam, as alwaysI enjoy your input here.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]Why isn''t Gunny firmly saying ''Wes is not for sale'' rather than ''I hope we can hold onto him''. He is sending out all the wrong message here.[/quote]

I could say but I''d probably get banned (again).

[/quote]

Bit like Fatty Patty and the witchcraft stuff. Classic.[:P]

I have to say although I am not an Archant basher like some on this bored, the reporting on certain issues is starting to get annoying now. There is an article on the pinkun home page regarding Fatty Patty leaving and within it lies the quote:

"It means just two players - Wes Hoolahan and Dejan Stefanovic - remain from the Roeder era, which ended less than seven months ago, and there are no guarantees that they will remain at Carrow Road for too much longer."

and

"And should Hoolahan''s good form prompt transfer interest then Gunn may struggle to keep the little midfielder if City''s valuation is met - while Stefanovic''s return from injury is being hindered by a lack of match practice, and increasing competition for a starting place."

It is almost as if Archant are trying to sell Wes for us! Why can''t you just let it lie? There has been no indication that he wants to leave, it is pure speculation which could potentially damage the club!

This is Chris Lakey stirring things again. It seem s he can''t find anything else to write 2 days before the season starts, so he likes to stir things up.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

I have to say although I am not an Archant basher like some on this bored, the reporting on certain issues is starting to get annoying now. There is an article on the pinkun home page regarding Fatty Patty leaving and within it lies the quote:

"It means just two players - Wes Hoolahan and Dejan Stefanovic - remain from the Roeder era, which ended less than seven months ago, and there are no guarantees that they will remain at Carrow Road for too much longer."

and

"And should Hoolahan''s good form prompt transfer interest then Gunn may struggle to keep the little midfielder if City''s valuation is met - while Stefanovic''s return from injury is being hindered by a lack of match practice, and increasing competition for a starting place."

It is almost as if Archant are trying to sell Wes for us! Why can''t you just let it lie? There has been no indication that he wants to leave, it is pure speculation which could potentially damage the club!

[/quote]

I agree. Pete please pass this message on to the guys who seem to pass for reporters at Archant these days!

[quote user="colneycanary"]This is Chris Lakey stirring things again. It seem s he can''t find anything else to write 2 days before the season starts, so he likes to stir things up.[/quote]

He is very predictable. He writes by the book I''m afraid, probably looking for a job with one of the Nationals.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]This is Chris Lakey stirring things again. It seem s he can''t find anything else to write 2 days before the season starts, so he likes to stir things up.[/quote]

He is very predictable. He writes by the book I''m afraid, probably looking for a job with one of the Nationals.

[/quote]

No way.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

No way.

[/quote]

No way??  Surely he is entitled to look for a job with a national?   Nothing wrong with a bit of blindly optimistic ambition is there?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Ha ha, that''s a wrap then !

"No way??  Surely he is entitled to look for a job with a national?   Nothing wrong with a bit of blindly optimistic ambition is there?

"

I took that as "no way he''d look", not "no way he should look".

[quote user="ob1"]"No way??  Surely he is entitled to look for a job with a national?   Nothing wrong with a bit of blindly optimistic ambition is there?

" I took that as "no way he''d look", not "no way he should look".[/quote]

No, what it meant was that Cam has his knife into Lakey and never misses the chance of a snide dig. Call it professional disrespect.

[quote user="Chris Martin"]If he does end up staying he will make the difference for us this season![/quote]

I wouldn''t say Lakey was that important.........