Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Dejan, Thanks for the Memories.

i had a feeling he''d be released... partly due to his age.. its a hell of an injury for a footballer to sustain at any time.. yet alone one pushing his mid 30''s... he was never going to be anywhere near the first team.. a younger player would of been kept on and given a chance.. Steffy probably will call it a day if he doesnt get a club... and it will be a brave club who takes a risk on a 34 year old defender with a dodgy knee.....

jas :)

[quote user="Scooby"]

What a pathetic thread. (1) The guy has never done anything to warrant such criticism.  How many of you lot were calling for him to be captain last season before his injury.  He was without doubt one of the only truly decent players we had and never gave less than 100%. "Thanks for the red cards"? How many did Doc get?  Do you really think the club has given him any choice? (2) It would be much more sensible, it would seem to keep him, play him and maybe if he really wanted to go, to sell him for a decent fee as a fit player in Jan, but they obviously want him off the wage bill as soon as possible.  You can bet he''s been dying for a game to prove himself.

(3)As for you Steve H, you''re pathetic.  Wishing someone harm to the extent they lose their career and their living. It''s morons like you that give football fans a bad name. (4) Get down to Portaloo road where you belong.

[/quote]

1. He''s received good wage''s that the likes of me & you could only dream of and good treatment from a club who have stood by him at a difficult time only to ask for a move when his rehab is done and it look''s like he''d be able to get a contract elsewhere.

2. He''ll be knocking 35 in Jan. You really think we will get a decent fee for a knackered 35 year old with injury problems who''s plying his trade in League 1???

3. I never wished him to lose his career and living, you should re-read my post maybe.

4. Nope I shall be at CR on Saturday and every other home league match this season regardless of results... I''ve been a long time NCFC fan and invisige being so for along while. I''ll also add that I get particularly p***** off when I see people taking our club for a ride in the manner that Dejan has.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Problem is Blah,that requires the management team to have the slightest intention of giving the bloke any chance of proving himself on the pitch. Put yourself in Dejan''s position. You''ve battled back from a potentially carrer ending injury only to find that you are left out of all the preseason games despite being fit for most of them, and your manager makes some oblique reference to "finding you some football somewhere". Not only that, but you have dickheads on this website wishing you further injury, so threatening both your health and prosperity just because they have swallowed whole a cunning piece of PR by the club. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, because I think he''s been screwed over. [8o|]

[/quote]

So if he is being screwed over and deliberatly frozen out why isn''t he doing the honourable thing and saying publically that he wishes to stay and fight for a place or at least make it known publically that he wishes to stay. Simon Lappin didn''t just go did he??? He was treated like garbage but he didn''t ask to go asnywhere in fact he made it public knowledge that he wanted to stay. If Dejan is being screwed why isn''t he putting up a fight??? Answer please.

I reckon if anyone is doing any swallowing it would be you.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Scooby"]

What a pathetic thread. (1) The guy has never done anything to warrant such criticism.  How many of you lot were calling for him to be captain last season before his injury.  He was without doubt one of the only truly decent players we had and never gave less than 100%. "Thanks for the red cards"? How many did Doc get?  Do you really think the club has given him any choice? (2) It would be much more sensible, it would seem to keep him, play him and maybe if he really wanted to go, to sell him for a decent fee as a fit player in Jan, but they obviously want him off the wage bill as soon as possible.  You can bet he''s been dying for a game to prove himself.

(3)As for you Steve H, you''re pathetic.  Wishing someone harm to the extent they lose their career and their living. It''s morons like you that give football fans a bad name. (4) Get down to Portaloo road where you belong.

[/quote]

1. He''s received good wage''s that the likes of me & you could only dream of and good treatment from a club who have stood by him at a difficult time only to ask for a move when his rehab is done and it look''s like he''d be able to get a contract elsewhere.

2. He''ll be knocking 35 in Jan. You really think we will get a decent fee for a knackered 35 year old with injury problems who''s plying his trade in League 1???

3. I never wished him to lose his career and living, you should re-read my post maybe.

4. Nope I shall be at CR on Saturday and every other home league match this season regardless of results... I''ve been a long time NCFC fan and invisige being so for along while. I''ll also add that I get particularly p***** off when I see people taking our club for a ride in the manner that Dejan has.

[/quote]

1. Every player gets a good wage and they all eventually move on.

2, Then why the hell would he WANT to leave? He must realise that he''s better off here under contract and he could sit on his arse and get paid loads.  He''s been pushed.

3. Read your own quote I HOPE HE DOES HIS F... KNEE AGAIN

4. So every player should be loyal to the same club for their whole career? There aren''t many Bull''s or Giggs''s about.  You must have a very very long list of players you''re pissed off at

1. He deserves stick because he''s carried on collecting but when it''s time to start earning he''s off... If this injury had finished him we''s have honoured his contract and payed him so why shouldn''t he honour his contract and see one year out, it''s only a year for christ''s sake

2. He want''s to go because his wages have been lowered due to the clause in his contract that means there is little incentive to stay in Norwich for comparitivley (sp???) poor money for a year when he could be at home on the south coast, even if he is on poor money at his newclub he''d still be where he wanted to be. I reckon if weekly wage was the same in L1 as the Champ he''d be happy to stay.

3. I never said anything about him losing his career and living have another read you might get it 3rd time around. I doubt it though.

4. You on drugs or something??? I never said anything about people playing for the same club for their whole career, I just think he is taking the mick by doing his rehab at a large cost to this club and then deciding once his career is back on track that he doesn''t want to be at Norwich.

You know, you really ought to get your facts straight.

Stefanovic doesn''t want to go because his wages are too low comparatively. In an interview at the end of last season he indicated he thought his wages were high, especially for League One and that he accepted because his wages were good, the club might look to move him on. He said then publicly that he wanted to stay, so he''s already done the PR bit.

Then, the club signs 2 centre back, makes the existing one club captain. Doc''s a cert to start given he''s been made captain and if they intended to give Stefanovic a chance, why did they sign 2 more central defender when they also have Spillane. The writing was on the wall as they say.

If a player sits around for a year with the prospect of not playing, they might collect the good wages now, but not playing for so long really threatens the chances of you getting anything the next season. So especially at his age, he needs to play. If you can''t see from whats been going on that he wasn''t going to be a first team player, then that''s pretty poor. If it were just because he needs more money and he could go elsewhere why are Norwich discussing the "settlement of his contract" and not letting him go on a free? Would be interested to get your views on that. Generally its because you want the player to go and they don''t want to, so you pay them off at a cheaper rate for doing nothing?

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1690052,00.html   Sounds like a player desperate to leave?

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1744829,00.html   He''s "indicated he would like to persue other options". Yet we are paying him to persue his other options.

Neither party are to blame, Norwich want him off the books because he costs a lot and Stefanovic wants to play football and quite obviously isn''t going to get any.

What would be interesting is if Norwich don''t offer enough money to cancel his contract and he does stay, would they play him to at least get some benefit from him? I guess a remuneration package will be sorted tho and he will be off shortly.

This is just football and it happens all the time.

Agree with other posters tho. That is a lame comment  >  "Hope the f***** does his knee again."

"Hope the f***** does his knee again"

Ahh...Billy Bigshot...if only you had the balls to say it to big dejan. All 6ft 13 stone of Serbian muscle. See where it gets you...dickhead!

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Problem is Blah,that requires the management team to have the slightest intention of giving the bloke any chance of proving himself on the pitch. Put yourself in Dejan''s position. You''ve battled back from a potentially carrer ending injury only to find that you are left out of all the preseason games despite being fit for most of them, and your manager makes some oblique reference to "finding you some football somewhere". Not only that, but you have dickheads on this website wishing you further injury, so threatening both your health and prosperity just because they have swallowed whole a cunning piece of PR by the club. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, because I think he''s been screwed over. [8o|]

[/quote]

So if he is being screwed over and deliberatly frozen out why isn''t he doing the honourable thing and saying publically that he wishes to stay and fight for a place or at least make it known publically that he wishes to stay. Simon Lappin didn''t just go did he??? He was treated like garbage but he didn''t ask to go asnywhere in fact he made it public knowledge that he wanted to stay. If Dejan is being screwed why isn''t he putting up a fight??? Answer please.

I reckon if anyone is doing any swallowing it would be you.

[/quote]

Happy to answer that one. Lappin has about as much chance of making the team as Dejan, but what has he done? The answer is, of course, sign another lucrative contract which will allow him to leach more money off the club while playing reserve team football. You seem to think that that is more honourable than someone accepting that his face doesn''t fit and seeing that its best for all parties if he moves on, which seems strange. Having said that, you''re the sort of person who thinks that writing "I hope he does his fucking knee again" isn''t in any way offensive.[:|]

[quote user="Aviva Believer"]"Hope the f***** does his knee again" Ahh...Billy Bigshot...if only you had the balls to say it to big dejan. All 6ft 13 stone of Serbian muscle. See where it gets you...dickhead![/quote]

I''d be perfectly happy to say that to him... If he get''s the a*** it''s just a case of remembering which knee to boot. 6ft & 13 stone of muscle is sod all when it can''t chase you.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.
[/quote]

Are you really that naive to think he wanted to leave? It''s obviously due to Stefanovic''s high wages and Gunn''s new defenders and he has been told he doesn''t feature in Gunn''s plans. The club have then organised a way to make it seem that it is Dejan who wants out whereas its really the club and Gunn orchestrating it.
[/quote]

The only sensible post in the entire thread. He''s been frozen out until he had to ask to leave, but hey, we''ve got Doc [:|]

[/quote]

The fact that you agree with someone else''s post doesn''t mean that the opinion expressed in the post is either sensible or correct. You''re agreeing with it because you share the same opinion. It is arrogant to believe that your opinion is the correct one. The whole point of message boards is to promote discussion and debate not to set yourself above everybody else and, in effect, say my opinion is the only right one.

My opinion on Stefanovic, having seen him, jeopardise the teams chances twice by reckless challenges is that he clearly used to be a quality centre back but injuries and the passing years have made him slower and therefore highly prone to making desperate tackles. That and the fact that he has chosen to leave the club in the way that he has expressed mean that my view is "good riddance". Just my opinion of course !

So if Lappin has no chance of making the team why has Gunn offered him a new conract??? He always said that he wanted to play first team football even when he was forced to train with the youth team. perhaps this year we will see if he really is a "leach" as you say.

I think writing something like that maybe considered offensive... But then again I ain''t gonna write nice things about someone if I don''t like them am I???

Stefanovic is NOT good enough anymore anyway, he''s a liability. This is great news. Bye.

I also had a feeling that he''d leave and as he''s our highest wage earner can''t imagine that we had to think too long about cancelling his contract.

Thought he was ok when he played but I''m happy with the defenders we have now.

The guy was over the hill last year having lost his pace (penalty he gave away against Doncaster at home anyone?) and is going to be worse this year now that hes another year older with a potentially career ending injury to contend with. I know its about opinions but how on earth some felt he should be in the team above Docs is totally beyond me - and Gunn.

Having said that I think this deal is for the benefit of both parties. We get the high wages of a player, who is unlikely to play, off our books and he gets a pay-off and a chance to start again somewhere else.

You''d poop your pants!!!

Brilliant how you''re all ''hard'' typing away at your keyboard. Wishing someone an injury. Excellent. Face to face you''d drop an English.

Clown

[quote user="cityangel"]I also had a feeling that he''d leave and as he''s our highest wage earner can''t imagine that we had to think too long about cancelling his contract. Thought he was ok when he played but I''m happy with the defenders we have now.[/quote]

Good to see you back Angel. Looking forward to being disciplined again for my lack of correct MB protocol ! Have you got your leathers and virtual whip ready ?!

[quote user="Aviva Believer"]You''d poop your pants!!! Brilliant how you''re all ''hard'' typing away at your keyboard. Wishing someone an injury. Excellent. Face to face you''d drop an English. Clown[/quote]

Me thinks you missed the tounge in cheek element of my post this morning.

Reading all these threads about the erstwhile defender, I keep hearing the sonorous tones of Graeme Garden  (I''m Sorry I Haven''t a Clue) ringing in my ears     " Bring me the head of Dejan Stefanovic ..... "