Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Dejan, Thanks for the Memories.

I will never forget the red cards and the penalties and your amazing fight for the cause.

Truly an NCFC legend.

We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.
[/quote]

At least he told someone.  No worse than the "Jamie Cureton Memorial Lecture" this end.[;)]

Too true Cam - whatever happened to the good old days of footballers on a working mans'' wage, being grateful for the chance to play the game they loved, and loyal to their team.  My dad once did some building work, in the 70s, for a Norwich City forward who I shan''t name.  That forward had been given a prize piece of steak by the local butcher, and at the end of the day, he cooked it and shared it with his builder.  Bearing in mind that he wouldn''t have been on much better money than my old man.  Can''t imagine Stefanovic doing the same.

Yes thanks for the memories Dejan... Money well earned (*** SARCASM***)

Given the handful of games he has played and the high wages payed I wonder what his pounds per minute of football would work out at. I know there was a daft figure about Steve Walsh floating around for his time here although I can''t remember how much it was I''m sure it was in the thousands.

The more I think about it the more angry it makes me this guy has been payed s***loads and returned nothing, ok he got injured and that happens but the least he could do is repay the faith the club showed in him. I doubt rehabbing a player is cheap either when you consider the cost''s of surgery, physiotherapy, MRI scans (a few grand a pop btw).

He''s been well payed and well cared for and then just decides he''d like to move back to the South Coast as if it''s nothing.

Hope the f***** does his knee again.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Too true Cam - whatever happened to the good old days of footballers on a working mans'' wage, being grateful for the chance to play the game they loved, and loyal to their team.  My dad once did some building work, in the 70s, for a Norwich City forward who I shan''t name.  That forward had been given a prize piece of steak by the local butcher, and at the end of the day, he cooked it and shared it with his builder.  Bearing in mind that he wouldn''t have been on much better money than my old man.  Can''t imagine Stefanovic doing the same.
[/quote]

Why won''t you name that forward ? What cut of beef are we talking about ? How was it cooked, well done or a point ?Any sauce . poivre or just ketchup and mustard ?

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Too true Cam - whatever happened to the good old days of footballers on a working mans'' wage, being grateful for the chance to play the game they loved, and loyal to their team.  My dad once did some building work, in the 70s, for a Norwich City forward who I shan''t name.  That forward had been given a prize piece of steak by the local butcher, and at the end of the day, he cooked it and shared it with his builder.  Bearing in mind that he wouldn''t have been on much better money than my old man.  Can''t imagine Stefanovic doing the same.[/quote]

Why won''t you name that forward ? What cut of beef are we talking about ? How was it cooked, well done or a point ?Any sauce . poivre or just ketchup and mustard ? [/quote]

Thanks for maintaining the integrity of the forum Bob, someone had to ask the question ! [:)] 

Where''s the beef indeed !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.[/quote]Are you really that naive to think he wanted to leave? It''s obviously due to Stefanovic''s high wages and Gunn''s new defenders and he has been told he doesn''t feature in Gunn''s plans. The club have then organised a way to make it seem that it is Dejan who wants out whereas its really the club and Gunn orchestrating it.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Too true Cam - whatever happened to the good old days of footballers on a working mans'' wage, being grateful for the chance to play the game they loved, and loyal to their team.  My dad once did some building work, in the 70s, for a Norwich City forward who I shan''t name.  That forward had been given a prize piece of steak by the local butcher, and at the end of the day, he cooked it and shared it with his builder.  Bearing in mind that he wouldn''t have been on much better money than my old man.  Can''t imagine Stefanovic doing the same.
[/quote]

Why won''t you name that forward ? What cut of beef are we talking about ? How was it cooked, well done or a point ?Any sauce . poivre or just ketchup and mustard ? [/quote]

Thanks for maintaining the integrity of the forum Bob, someone had to ask the question ! [:)] 

Where''s the beef indeed !

[/quote]

My money''s on Jim T-Bone. And for sweet your dad probably enjoyed a deep fried mars bar. Had you not stated that it was a forward then my money would have been on a Culverhouse, a rare but particularly succulent cut. (blimey my first attempt had an ''n'' . Phew !)

[quote user="Steve H"]

Yes thanks for the memories Dejan... Money well earned (*** SARCASM***)

Given the handful of games he has played and the high wages payed I wonder what his pounds per minute of football would work out at. I know there was a daft figure about Steve Walsh floating around for his time here although I can''t remember how much it was I''m sure it was in the thousands.

The more I think about it the more angry it makes me this guy has been payed s***loads and returned nothing, ok he got injured and that happens but the least he could do is repay the faith the club showed in him. I doubt rehabbing a player is cheap either when you consider the cost''s of surgery, physiotherapy, MRI scans (a few grand a pop btw).

He''s been well payed and well cared for and then just decides he''d like to move back to the South Coast as if it''s nothing.

Hope the f***** does his knee again.

[/quote]

Spot on Steve. Sod off Dejan, thanks for nothing.....Scumbag

I saw him play twice - away at Coventry and Southampton. Should have been sent off at Coventry, I winced when he scythed down the Cov player just outside our box, and was sent off at Southampton. IMO, he would have been a major liability in league 1, just imagine the Doc and the Balkans butcher in the centre of our defence, they would have competed to see how many pens they could give away.

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.
[/quote]

Are you really that naive to think he wanted to leave? It''s obviously due to Stefanovic''s high wages and Gunn''s new defenders and he has been told he doesn''t feature in Gunn''s plans. The club have then organised a way to make it seem that it is Dejan who wants out whereas its really the club and Gunn orchestrating it.
[/quote]

The only sensible post in the entire thread. He''s been frozen out until he had to ask to leave, but hey, we''ve got Doc [:|]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.
[/quote]

Are you really that naive to think he wanted to leave? It''s obviously due to Stefanovic''s high wages and Gunn''s new defenders and he has been told he doesn''t feature in Gunn''s plans. The club have then organised a way to make it seem that it is Dejan who wants out whereas its really the club and Gunn orchestrating it.
[/quote]

The only sensible post in the entire thread. He''s been frozen out until he had to ask to leave, but hey, we''ve got Doc [:|]

[/quote]

Don''t pull faces Beau, Doc should have been player of the season, according to some.........

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.[/quote]Are you really that naive to think he wanted to leave? It''s obviously due to Stefanovic''s high wages and Gunn''s new defenders and he has been told he doesn''t feature in Gunn''s plans. The club have then organised a way to make it seem that it is Dejan who wants out whereas its really the club and Gunn orchestrating it.[/quote]

[/quote]Beau, I agree with you and Rustys first touch 100 %. The way people twist things is hilarious at times.

Yeah thanks Dejan for everything. Whats that? Thanks for helping you with a career threatening knee injury only for you to tell us a year later that you don''t want to stay and help the very club which paid your no doubt hi wages. Get lost you waster. Players like you are exactly whats wrong with modern day football. No commitment!

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="blahblahblah"]We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word.[/quote]Are you really that naive to think he wanted to leave? It''s obviously due to Stefanovic''s high wages and Gunn''s new defenders and he has been told he doesn''t feature in Gunn''s plans. The club have then organised a way to make it seem that it is Dejan who wants out whereas its really the club and Gunn orchestrating it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t pull faces Beau, Doc should have been player of the season, according to some.........

[/quote]I would have thought that if you had a highly paid player with a year left of his contract, you would be looking to play him in the first few games to try and get a decent fee for him before the end of August.  If he comes back and does well in 3 or 4 games, we could still get a couple of bob for him.But what do I know about football.

Can''t say I''m surprosed by this, with so many new CB''s coming in he was always going to struggle to reclaim his place. Of all the Roeder signings this was one of the ones that could have been really good, shame it didn''t work out for him or us.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would have thought that if you had a highly paid player with a year left of his contract, you would be looking to play him in the first few games to try and get a decent fee for him before the end of August.  If he comes back and does well in 3 or 4 games, we could still get a couple of bob for him.

But what do I know about football.
[/quote]

Problem is Blah,that requires the management team to have the slightest intention of giving the bloke any chance of proving himself on the pitch. Put yourself in Dejan''s position. You''ve battled back from a potentially carrer ending injury only to find that you are left out of all the preseason games despite being fit for most of them, and your manager makes some oblique reference to "finding you some football somewhere". Not only that, but you have dickheads on this website wishing you further injury, so threatening both your health and prosperity just because they have swallowed whole a cunning piece of PR by the club. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, because I think he''s been screwed over. [8o|]

"We should also never forget his kind gesture of letting the club know via the local press that he was looking to move elsewhere 2 days before the start of the season.  The man is a true professional, in every sense of the word"

Absolutely spot on Blah x 3. You are also forgeting his abilty to Rugby Tackle opponents in the penalty area? Also, what is all this about "settling in the south of the country"? Last time I drove to the South coast it took me about 2 1/2 hours. Hardly three weeks mule ride is it?

[quote user="CT "]The way people twist things is hilarious at times.[/quote]TWAAAAAAANNNGGGG!!!!!!There goes my irony meter.[;)]P.S. I think Beau has this one spot on.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]That would be the same Doc who is committed, resolute and did play well last season (3rd in PotY) as opposed to a high wage earner who has zero pace, looked wobbly at best last season and has long term injury issues.

Another rodent signing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anymore to be said???????? Another one to be placed in room 101.  

What a pathetic thread.  The guy has never done anything to warrant such criticism.  How many of you lot were calling for him to be captain last season before his injury.  He was without doubt one of the only truly decent players we had and never gave less than 100%. "Thanks for the red cards"? How many did Doc get?  Do you really think the club has given him any choice?  It would be much more sensible, it would seem to keep him, play him and maybe if he really wanted to go, to sell him for a decent fee as a fit player in Jan, but they obviously want him off the wage bill as soon as possible.  You can bet he''s been dying for a game to prove himself.

As for you Steve H, you''re pathetic.  Wishing someone harm to the extent they lose their career and their living. It''s morons like you that give football fans a bad name. Get down to Portaloo road where you belong.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Problem is Blah,that requires the management team to have the slightest intention of giving the bloke any chance of proving himself on the pitch. Put yourself in Dejan''s position. You''ve battled back from a potentially carrer ending injury only to find that you are left out of all the preseason games despite being fit for most of them, and your manager makes some oblique reference to "finding you some football somewhere". Not only that, but you have dickheads on this website wishing you further injury, so threatening both your health and prosperity just because they have swallowed whole a cunning piece of PR by the club. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, because I think he''s been screwed over. [8o|]

[/quote]He''s 34, and he''s a former Premiership defender whose career is in decline. If he wanted to, he could just do a Simon Lappin and sit out his final year of his contract in the reserves. They cannot make him leave and any attempts to "unsettle" him would result in a constructive dismissal case at an employment tribunal. Even if they offered him a free transfer, his wages would be a stumbling block, hence the moves to settle the contract.