Sign in to follow this  
newboy

Fortress Carrow Road

Was just thinking how much im looking forward to the game on saturday and what a massive game it could turn out to be, big result would kick our season off, bad result . . . . . . .  dont really want think about that !

Anyway, it got me thinking about how the colchester fans will feel about coming to carrow road, as we all know the atmosphere at carrow road can be electric but i was struggling to think of many times that it sends shivers down my spine etc,  i remember going away to wolves for the play off semi final and feeling incredably intimidated as wolves ran out to an awsome reception.

i would love to make carrow road a real fortress and really put the fear up the opposing team and fans (in a non violent way)! and i dont think singing ''On the ball city'' really does it !!  dont think for one minute this will change but wanted to know if im alone in thinking this.

Would be nice Ginger wouldn''t it?

I''m not sure it''d happen but we can hope :)

As for the atmosphere, I would love it to be electric week in, week out, but we''ll have to see. There does seem to be a buzz around at the moment which is nice after how low we''ve all been feeling.

Home win on Saturday, get through to the next round at Yeovil and a win at Exeter and I''m sure there''ll be plenty of singing for home games to come.

Our home form is crucial if we are to get out of this league first attempt, i think we could win the majority of them but the atmosphere is crucial to make Carrow Road a fearful place for opposition teams to come

[quote user="newboy"]

Was just thinking how much im looking forward to the game on saturday and what a massive game it could turn out to be, big result would kick our season off, bad result . . . . . . .  dont really want think about that !

Anyway, it got me thinking about how the colchester fans will feel about coming to carrow road, as we all know the atmosphere at carrow road can be electric but i was struggling to think of many times that it sends shivers down my spine etc,  i remember going away to wolves for the play off semi final and feeling incredably intimidated as wolves ran out to an awsome reception.

i would love to make carrow road a real fortress and really put the fear up the opposing team and fans (in a non violent way)! and i dont think singing ''On the ball city'' really does it !!  dont think for one minute this will change but wanted to know if im alone in thinking this.

[/quote]

A genuine atmosphere is created over a long period of time when the side has been playing well and winning. Anything that`s created on Saturday will be shallow and if things dont go  our way, which there`s every chance they wont, the atmosphere will  fizzle out as people become nervous and all the unfounded pre season hype evaporates. The team earns the level of support they get, if they  are commited, play well and win regularly then the atmosphere will build and fans will  believe that even when we are losing a game we have the ability to  turn it round. That  level of support has to be earned not just talked up. We are often told about the advantage of 20,000 plus at CR, to me that can just as easily be a disadvantage if the all those fans remain silent.  

Well tbh, i am just looking fowards too it, i have not seen any of the new players in action for us, or for any other club in the most part, so as far as i know we signed 12 complete wasters, and are just about good enough to scrape us away from relegation, but i really think we will be a great team this season, like the last time we got premoted (to the prem ). Its all just hope really...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]i reckon we could go the whole season unbeaten  at home
[/quote]

We could also lose every home match, making the road games that much more important. [:P]

Over the past couple of seasons I hae taken a few non-city supporters to games and each and every time they have been shocked at how bad the atmosphere is at CR. Now I know success breads atmosphere and we haven''t had much success of late, but I do think considering we get 25,000 at most games the volume and vocal support is very poor. I guess this is price we pay for being a ''nice'' family club....

To be fair the last couple of seasons has hardly been breathtaking stuff on the pitch...

It''s not just about singing, we need to get on the back of the officials to try and get all the 50-50 decisions, many of them will not be used to being in front of 20,000+ fans let''s use this to our advantage.

Let''s make it an intimidating atmosphere.

I agree PKC, plus you dont need your team to be doing well to make some noise! Just a simple run down the line and getting a corner usually gets the crowd going, we just need to make sure that the players hear us behind them!