Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Carling Cup 3rd Round: Newcastle vs Norwich

City''s cup run this year will require a visit to St James Park to take on the Magpies. It''s a big ask, but after coming down from 2-0 down to tie 2-2 there earlier this season, there''s definitely hope.

I think we played Newcastle at the best possible time, the confidence of their team was really low. If they play a few reserves we could have a chance.

I''m pretty sure our mini cup run will come to an abrupt end.  Would love to see us turn them over, but cant see it happening.  They have turned the corner now and won 3 in a row. 

Surely best to concentrate on the league anyway this year.

keep it low

I''d prefer for us to play a Souness Newcastle than a Bobby Robson Newcastle, anyday.

We put in a great performance there before, lets hope we can do so again.

i don''t care that maybe we don''t have much of a chance, this is one match i will be at along with son and the birthday boy

first wiz, please do your  best to cast a really good spell to take us through to the next round

anyone know any good pubs/bars in newcastle for b4 and after the game?

When we went there earlier in the season two names that kept creeping up were A Head Of Steam (near the train station) and Fluid (ask a copper). Also, alcohol is served inside the ground.

A word of warning though - don''t drink too much before the game as it''s quite a climb before you get to here:

I see some negativism creeping in.

Surely this is a can''t lose situation for us. Whatever the outcome.

Carling Cup matches are notorious for untypical performances - this weeks outturns are just another example. The motivators are different from the league. Otherwise Arsenal would be winning everything - and they don''t.

So I see no reason why we shouldn''t get a win.

And if we don''t, then the money was useful and we concentrate on the league.

It will be different this time from both sides. Then Newcastle thought we were a pushover and played accordingly by taking their foot off the pedal when two up.

We for our part treated them with too much respect and before we wised up were trailing.

So this time Newcastle will be less cocky and more careful, we will be more confident and less overawed by premiership opposition having played about eight prem sides by then.

Could it be 20 years lucky for us? 1985-2005 maybe, let''s not be too negative shall we? I wonder what we would all be saying if we had lost to The Gasheads in midweek.

I want us to win every match, whether it is a friendly, cup or league.  When we lost to Sunderland but were crowned champions the same night I was still gutted we had lost! (Or maybe that''s just me being picky).