Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

BBC radio coverage

BBC Radio Norfolk has confirmed a three-year commentary deal with Norwich City Football Club, ensuring fans will be able to hear every match.

Chris Goreham and Neil Adams will return as commentator and summariser to follow the club''s League One campaign.

"We''re all about local passion and I''m delighted we have this partnership with our main football team," said station editor David Clayton.

Radio fanzine show The Scrimmage also returns to Thursday nights.

For the first time, BBC Radio Norfolk''s commentary will also be played in the lounges at the club''s Carrow Road stadium.

"We wanted to make sure we had continuity with the quality of service which Chris Goreham and Neil Adams give us, and to ensure that as many fans as possible have regular access to commentary," said Joe Ferrari, head of media at City.

Above quoted from bbc.co.uk

As this reads to me, the BBC have renegociated(sp??) its rights to the radio coverage with the football league clubs.

Is there any danger of the commentary being broadcast on the internet or will it still be blocked due to "contractual obligations"?? so they can re sell it to some useless third party again?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Afraid you''ll have to pay to listen to it online, but our live text service (which is also a two-way thing between presenter and reader) is free...

http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2009-2010/live/090808Colchester.aspx

[/quote]Actually this is a good point. I wonder how much money the club really makes by subscriptions to CW compared to the "goodwill revenue" they would get from making it available to city fans all over the UK and world. I imagine might be a BBC wide thing rather than negotiated on a club by club basis but if it''s good enough for the lounges (where we don''t really need it..er we''re there!) then surely it''s good enough for yellows the world over. If you want to build a wider base than God''s country of Norfolk then broadcast outside it!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Afraid you''ll have to pay to listen to it online, but our live text service (which is also a two-way thing between presenter and reader) is free...

http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2009-2010/live/090808Colchester.aspx

[/quote]

I do really enjoy the live text service Pete, but there''s something about listening to the game on the wireless!

And we do already pay for it via the license fee - I disagree with paying for stuff twice. If its good enough to listen in Norfolk, it should be good enough to listen anywhere in the UK