Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

star players this season

who does everyone think will be our star players this season?

i go for

Nelson - I see parts of malky in this guy. Seems very unorthodox when playing but very effective. I expect him to chip in with 5/6 goals this season too. Needs to settle with Doc very quicky but i can see him being a top player this season.

Martin - I think most people would see young crissy as merely a back up to maric, mcdonald and holt but out of all the strikers i think Martin has the most class. He has two very quick feet and a very powerful shot. Martin is a confidence player and when he was playing with huckerby he was full of confindence and was on fire, athough theres no huckerby people like hoolahan will create the chances and bring out the best in him and then watch him go. I can see martin hitting 20 goals this season.

Hoolahan - I dont think too much needs to be said about this guy. Any person with half a footballing brain can see that the guy is a fantastic talent, and the way he plays would not be out of his depth in the premiership. Quite simply without hoolahan i dont feel we will be a force this season. The guy can pass, shoot, tackle, and works hard and is almost unplayable for the opposition. I find it really laughable when people say this guy is poor. When we won the championship, we all can agree that without hckerby we were an average team and would not have done it, well i see exactly the same resembalance with hoolahan.

so there are my three star players for the season, i also see matty gill becoming a new fans favourite and performing in a simialar way to gary holt. Grant holt will be a hit too but i really dont see more then 10-15 goals max coming from him and worry fans may expect too much and get on his back. Whalley really will be ronaldo one week then raymond de waard the next and maric is going to be a very tempremental player who will score a goal of the season then get sent off for arguing a booking offence for over celebrating.

roll on tomorrow!!!! ( by the way i fly to florida tomorrow so im not going to know the score till early sunday morning )

I think Askou could turn out to be a bit of a star.  Looks brilliant in the air so will be dangerous at set pieces and think he really compliments the Doc so can see GD playing better when alongside him.

I am hoping that Stephen Hughes can show his class too.  Have spoken to a few friends north of the border and they have said he is quality.

And the last one I think might be Semi.  A bit controversial but think he is going to thrive playing with a settled back line and up against teams where his pace and attacking mindset will really count.

Really excited about tomorrow now, just hope it does not all come crashing down come 5pm.

I stopped reading after you said most people would see Chris Martin as a backup this season to be honest.  I would strongly disagree with that![quote user="lincoln canary"]

who does everyone think will be our star players this season?

i go for

Nelson - I see parts of malky in this guy. Seems very unorthodox when playing but very effective. I expect him to chip in with 5/6 goals this season too. Needs to settle with Doc very quicky but i can see him being a top player this season.

Martin - I think most people would see young crissy as merely a back up to maric, mcdonald and holt but out of all the strikers i think Martin has the most class. He has two very quick feet and a very powerful shot. Martin is a confidence player and when he was playing with huckerby he was full of confindence and was on fire, athough theres no huckerby people like hoolahan will create the chances and bring out the best in him and then watch him go. I can see martin hitting 20 goals this season.

Hoolahan - I dont think too much needs to be said about this guy. Any person with half a footballing brain can see that the guy is a fantastic talent, and the way he plays would not be out of his depth in the premiership. Quite simply without hoolahan i dont feel we will be a force this season. The guy can pass, shoot, tackle, and works hard and is almost unplayable for the opposition. I find it really laughable when people say this guy is poor. When we won the championship, we all can agree that without hckerby we were an average team and would not have done it, well i see exactly the same resembalance with hoolahan.

so there are my three star players for the season, i also see matty gill becoming a new fans favourite and performing in a simialar way to gary holt. Grant holt will be a hit too but i really dont see more then 10-15 goals max coming from him and worry fans may expect too much and get on his back. Whalley really will be ronaldo one week then raymond de waard the next and maric is going to be a very tempremental player who will score a goal of the season then get sent off for arguing a booking offence for over celebrating.

roll on tomorrow!!!! ( by the way i fly to florida tomorrow so im not going to know the score till early sunday morning )

[/quote]

Simon Whaley, Wes Hoolahan and Owain Tudur Jones

I think our midfield is looking good and it wouldn''t surprise me if Matty Gill becomes a big part of the side too.

I can see us playing 5 in midfield with Wes just behind Holt.  Stephen Hughes did not come here to warm the bench so think he will get a lot of game time.

I reckon we could have one or two surprises this season.

The new keeper looks to be a bit of a character.

Wiggins looks like he takes no prisoners as does Nelson.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Wiggins looks like he takes no prisoners as does Nelson.

[/quote]

When were you able to see him?

He sounds like he has a lot of promise, but i haven''t seen anything of him so wouldn''t like to pass judgement yet.

And for stars i think Whaley and Jon partnership down the right will be superb.