Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

First game of a new season

I love the first game of a new season.

The memories of a first game that always spring to mind with me is the weather. It''s always warm and sunny.

What are your memories of a new season?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

The memories of a first game that always spring to mind with me is the weather. It''s always warm and sunny.

[/quote]

I love the new season too, can''t wait to exercise my lungs tomorrow.

The warm summer sunshine,that first home goal and waiting to see if the old girl behind me has lived to see another season, bless her she must be 100!!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[/quote] I love the new season too, can''t wait to exercise my lungs tomorrow.[/quote]

Good to see you back CA. Looks like you''ve got the problem with Internet explorer too!

1999 I think it was, when Bruce Rioch was here.  The first game was at home and it was the middle of a heatwave, temperatures 95+

In his press interview Rioch talked about how the players would cope with the conditions - "We''ll make sure they take on plenty of liquid before the game - and I''d advise the fans to do the same"

Must rank as the most unnecessary piece of advice ever given [:D]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]The memories of a first game that always spring to mind with me is the weather. It''s always warm and sunny.[/quote]Except at Coventry last year, where it pissed down relentlessly all afternoon. How apt.

Meeting up with my bro''s... and Me and my younger brother swearing that "I''ve got a good feeling about this year" and that "it''s gonna be our season"... before having those feelings wiped after about 5 minutes of play...

Looks good weather tomorrow; http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/24?&search=norwich&itemsPerPage=10®ion=uk

Many an opening fixture I have literally turned into PinkUn Pete after an afternoon in the Lower Barclay. 18 degrees tomorrow.

Moving to a new seat, have sat in the Jarrold since it opened but will be in the Barclay next season. Will mean that in 10 years I''ve had a season ticket in all 4 stands. Can''t wait for this weekend. Meeting up with a mate at about 12, having lunch then heading for the ground, hopefully will see a home win then an evening of Football manager. Then getting up early on the Sunday to go ref a pre season friendly. Football based weekend for me :)

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Many an opening fixture I have literally turned into PinkUn Pete after an afternoon in the Lower Barclay. 18 degrees tomorrow.[/quote]

lol me too Pete, let''s hope it''s not too sunny tomorrow or I won''t see a flaming thing as normal in the LB  [H]

Aahh, the first game of a new season.

The hope & excitement is swelling in anticipation that this will finally be a season to emjoy.

Season ticket in wallet, rebate cheque banked, retro Colmans shirt freshly laundered & hanging in the bedroom ready to see if I can manage to squeeze into it once more.

Looking forward to meeting up again with all the guys (& girls) around me who will become my friends to laugh & cry with over the coming months.

The drive to the ground, part of the matchday experience, a nice cold pint & a walk to the ground in the sun with other fans as excited as me about the coming season.

Watching the match with my shades on shouting & singing myself  hoarse.

Then the journey home listening to Canary Call & laughing at some of the eejits that think they are talking sense.

Walking in my front door & my dear Wife saying " Never mind love, they can''t win all the time"

I love football

On The Ball City !

[quote user="Yellow Fever"]

The hope & excitement is swelling in anticipation that this will finally be a season to enjoy.

Season ticket in wallet, rebate cheque banked, retro Colmans shirt freshly laundered & hanging in the bedroom ready to see if I can manage to squeeze into it once more.

Looking forward to meeting up again with all the guys (& girls) around me who will become my friends to laugh & cry with over the coming months.

The drive to the ground, part of the matchday experience, a nice cold pint & a walk to the ground in the sun with other fans as excited as me about the coming season.

Watching the match with my shades on shouting & singing myself  hoarse.

Then the journey home listening to Canary Call & laughing at some of the eejits that think they are talking sense.

Walking in my front door & my dear Wife saying " Never mind love, they can''t win all the time"

I love football

On The Ball City !

[/quote]

Apologies to the spelling police. [:$]

Same ritual every year, up with the lark, HUGE breakfast and a early pint (7.00 am and only one mind). On with sky sports and on the road by 10.00. First game of the season is always special, and also like i say every year, '''' Ive got a good feeling about this one.......''''. Enjoy the day fella''s, i know we will

I get up around noon, thrash each of my eighteen kids (on behalf of whom I claim many, many benefits), neck half a dozen cans of industrial strength lager and then it''s onto to the old mobility scooter (a gift from you, the taxpayers, I can''t work) and off to lunch at the Top of Terrace and watch the game.

Lovely.

Arsenal 2 - 4 Norwich 92/93.

For those of us that were day, it will be a game never to forget!

Two-nil down with 20 minutes to go, Robins on as sub, you know the rest....

This would still rank in my top 3 games of watching Norwich over 30 years!

4-2 at Highbury...Got to be the best opening day! The other one that sticks in my memory is a 3-1 win at West Ham in 1977..Dave Jones scoed twice. We then failed to win the next 41 away games till...the opening day two seasons later 4-2 at Everton. Sure I have been on about this before on here! Worst ever? For me, 4-0 defeat at Millwall a few years back,....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never winning!!!

[quote user="Major Bumpkin DSO"]

I get up around noon, thrash each of my eighteen kids (on behalf of whom I claim many, many benefits), neck half a dozen cans of industrial strength lager and then it''s onto to the old mobility scooter (a gift from you, the taxpayers, I can''t work) and off to lunch at the Top of Terrace and watch the game.

Lovely.

[/quote]

lol that''s funny [:D]

Good luck this season guys! I''ll hopefully find a way to somehow follow this game, it''ll be at 7AM kickoff for me here in San Jose. Any hints? I understand it wont be on TV?

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]The feeling that after a long, long summer. Football is back.[/quote]

Long? I felt it''s gone well quick ...

v Palace after promotion back to the Premiership. Steaming hot day. Sat in front of Jarrold stand near away supporters. There was a famous photo took which was displayed in the Forum which I could just about make myself out on. Let''s not go there with the result and how that season may have been affected...........