Sign in to follow this  
Sam.

Aviva add

I was just wondering in the new aviva add why are the fans in it from plymouth aviva don''t even sponsor them, surely it should be norwich fans companies that sponsor clubs normally use that team in their adds not another team eg the old aig adds with united in

Yet again, Aviva trying to distance themselves from being in Norwich. They only sponsor us to keep us sweet as they make more NU staff redundant and change the name!

i cant''t believe the City is too thrilled by their portrayal in the add anyway; could you imagine a Norwich Version; it would be Alan Partidge all over again!

Aviva?  Name of a groupd of dancing girls at the ground isn''t it?  Are they the club sponsers?

I thought that when I first saw it but the whole point of the ad is the fact that Plymouth is so far away from everything. So it is a lot more of a point that Plymouth Argyle to Newcastle is pretty much the furthest traveled for an away game I shink ;)

I also thought that at first and then I realised if it was Norwich they would be taking the piss out of us.

Paul Whitehouse look a like ex UEA graduate, thought it was him.

[quote user="Huddy "]i cant''t believe the City is too thrilled by their portrayal in the add anyway; could you imagine a Norwich Version; it would be Alan Partidge all over again![/quote]

I enjoy the Alan Partridge thing. I think Coogan is a genius, and love the references like "c''mon, lets go to sprowston". I think people who take offence to Alan Partridge dont really get it.

[quote user="Sam."]I was just wondering in the new aviva add why are the fans in it from plymouth aviva don''t even sponsor them, surely it should be norwich fans companies that sponsor clubs normally use that team in their adds not another team eg the old aig adds with united in[/quote]

Have to say I was a bit shocked they didnt use Norwich. I can see why they used Plymouth as they have more travelling to do than most, but Norwich would have been the obvious option. Then again what do you expect from Norwich union,....sorry Ringo Starr its Aviva now isnt it...the only thing you can gaurantee from them is bloody redundency....useless company.

[quote user="Huddy "]i cant''t believe the City is too thrilled by their portrayal in the add anyway; could you imagine a Norwich Version; it would be Alan Partidge all over again![/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I''m sure the Plymouth locals don''t talk with such a worzle type accent. Pretty pleased they didn''t pick Norwich to be honest.

[quote user="waggers"][quote user="Huddy "]i cant''t believe the City is too thrilled by their portrayal in the add anyway; could you imagine a Norwich Version; it would be Alan Partidge all over again![/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I''m sure the Plymouth locals don''t talk with such a worzle type accent. Pretty pleased they didn''t pick Norwich to be honest.[/quote]Plymouth fans love it...http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~1745680,00.html

I thought it was because until the end you are not really meant to know who the insurer is, just that they are made to sound good.  With Norwich in it I think the shirts might have given it away a tad early