Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Danger of relying too much Huckerby

I have read with interest the remarks below stating that the Defence and Midlfield are too slow in supplying Huckerby and I must say that I fear there is a danger that we will rely on Huckerby too much. Look at the game with Wigan. Outplayed in the first half and could have been 4 down by half time. We then have to rely on Huckerby to beat 4 players in order to set up a goal for Roberts. Take Huckers out of the equation and what have we. We are expecting too much of him from every game to either score or do a magical run which will set up somebody else. A loss of form by Huckers for a few games and we will be really up the creek. Also does he really wish to come here with the expectation on him so great knowing that he has to perform wonders every game in order for us to get something out of it.

well, with the benefit of hindsight of course, it seems we played rubbish in the first half as usual (with huckerby on the field) and came back as usual (with huckerby off the field). good sign at least! if we use all our players and use the midfield with the likes of mcveigh, rivers, francis and harper, all great attacking players, we showed we can perform without huckerby.