Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Why Bryan Gunn Should Be Fired Immediately

I don''t normally over-react to situations and, of course, I wasn''t at the game. I didn''t need to be.

Bryan Gunn needs to be fired immediately. Here''s why. Try and think of other professions. 1) A fire hall captain who is new to his job appointment in a new city sees the city center go up in smoke as he has given vacation time to too many of his firemen. He''s fired ( excuse the pun ). 2) A man is given the job of being manager at a McDonald''s location. Two days later nobody can go into the toilets as they are left in a disgustingly unusable state. It''s reported to head office. The manager is fired. 3) A new manager is appointed at a bank. It becomes clear in the early going that the manager thought he was doing a good thing by reducing staff by eliminating administrative duties, including daily reconcilliation of all financial transactions. Within a few weeks a significant amount of money has gone missing without an ability to trace where it''s gone. The manager is fired immediately.

Never mind what went on last season. That''s over. Mr. Gunn had time from that point to get things ready for this one opening day in a lower division where 25,000 fans were turning up hoping to see a win but, even if that was not achieved, without a doubt certainly expecting a competitive performance in a tightly fought contest. Instead they were treated to a shambles and the biggest home defeat in the history of the club.

If you get through this weekend Mr. Gunn then consider yourself a very lucky man!        

i have to admit yankee i backed gunn . yet i left at half time im not happy with this keeper at all .

worst game i have ever seen i feel for everyone who went to the game and paid good money and i feel i have been proved very wrong ..

Quite agree Yankee , its his team so he''s responsible, he''s out of his depth and should have realised the job was out of his reach.

My main criticisms of Gunn today:

1) Doherty and Nelson are two of the slowest defenders in the league. You cannot play them together, it doesn''t work. Quite obviously.

3) Gill and Tudor-Jones are both defensive midfielders. We cannot play both of them together, it doesn''t work. Quite obviously. (Replace Damien Francis - an attacking midfielder who chips in with a fair share of goals. It''s no coincidence our most succesful years of late were with him).

4) He''s a goalkeeper, and he can''t notice who is good, and who isn''t. Theoklitos - what a signing!

5) Substitutions. We didn''t even make all three of our allowed substitutions. What is that about? And if 5-0 at half time isn''t bad enough to make one change - then what is?

6) It was only when we conceded three goals that he got off his seat to say anything. Bit late their, Gunn. Even so, wouldn''t have done much good as all he appeared to do was clench his fists. Brilliant.

I agree too. Surely if he loves ncfc so much, he should realise that he''s not the man for the job and step down.

I hate to say this as I thought he should have been given a go and after all its the 1st game of the season, but agree.

No question about it, he''s totally out of his depth! Great ambassador for the club but should never have been appointed manager. 5-0 down at half time, no substitutes used and Colchester carried on in the second half like they did in the 1st. No tactical experience and it shows! On the plus side, things can only get better, I think!

I completly agree 100%. This is HIS team, he said they would be good enough, he didnt just bring in 1 or 2 players he brought in a whole new team!!! And as an ex goalkeeper we should have been able to trust him when signing Theo Cement Legs.

Well Had I been Gunn I would have had the OZ off after 14 minutes he was well out of his depth here perhaps playing against kangeroos would suit him better

Quite agree. Gunn must go! This result is a disgrace and totally unacceptable. It can not be simply brushed under the carpet nor met with the usual wall of silence from the Board. Sadly, I expect that that is exactly what will happen.