Sign in to follow this  
Lambert Revolution!

What actually is the charge for running on the pitch?

It was said on RN that the two fans that ran on the pitch were arrested. On exactly what charge?  What will happen to these two? Do the club just impose their penalty of banning them for a course of games/season? Is there actually a police penalty? Magistrates?Curious, as should this happen again I just want to know what penalty i''ll get.

Normally a ban, and that can be for the season or could be for life.  The police arrested them so they could also be charged with a public order offence, which is normally a fixed penalty fine.

Its not a public order offence, its under the football offences act ''91. Most clubs work in conjunction with the local old bill and they have a positive charging policy, which means that it ends up in court and the magistrate banning him too.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I sit in the Snake pit, heard they got a 5-year ban.[/quote]

Already?

The club can ban them for how ever long they like, but it will only be for the club. Unless they or the club apply for a banning order.

It''s not an offence in rugby thou...

i stood and clapped them.....more of us should have done it then they would have had to replayed the game.....would have probably lost that as well though!

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I sit in the Snake pit, heard they got a 5-year ban.[/quote]

Already?

[/quote]

That''s what I was told it was. Not from them, obviously.

Any offence, that is arrestable, that takes place inside of a football stadium in England and makes it to court is punishable by a minimum of a 3 year banning order from all English football stadia. And any extra is up to the club itself.

That''s not a punishment more like a reprieve from further humiliation

i dont know the charge but he looked like a prick when the fat to55er nearly fell over...

Football (Offences) Act 1991 (c. 19)

4.Going onto the playing area.It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

5.Supplementary provisions.— (1) In section 24(2) of the M1 Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (arrestable offences), after paragraph (d) insert—"(e)any offence under the Football (Offences) Act 1991.".(2) A person guilty of an offence under this Act is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.