Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Theokiltos

[quote user="Downloads"]Is it just me, but why did the 3rd sub take so long to happen whent he team was playing so badly.[/quote]

Their wasn''t a third sub, was there?!

Tbh he wasn''t as bad as the stick he got. The 1st goal was a result of the single worst backpass in history. If lisbie was any good he would have slotted it past him before the bounce, either way the goal was absolutely f***ed as soon as semmy kicked it. The second goal was a bad mistake but lisbie was 6 yards out through on goal and should have scored anyway so I can''t blame him for the goal because again if Lisbie was any good it would have been in first time. The 3rd goal maybe could have been saved but the defenders made such a bloody mess of it that again you can''t blame him. The free-kick was pretty good, it curled really nice but he should have got a hand to it. No chance with the 5th, it was a tap in and unless he had ridiculous reflexes he had no chance in hell of saving it. Blame the goalie if you want, but I''m gonna stick with blaming our defence which has continually for the past god knows how many seasons has helped us p*** all over ourselves.

[quote user="Fellas"]Tbh he wasn''t as bad as the stick he got. The 1st goal was a result of the single worst backpass in history. If lisbie was any good he would have slotted it past him before the bounce, either way the goal was absolutely f***ed as soon as semmy kicked it. The second goal was a bad mistake but lisbie was 6 yards out through on goal and should have scored anyway so I can''t blame him for the goal because again if Lisbie was any good it would have been in first time. The 3rd goal maybe could have been saved but the defenders made such a bloody mess of it that again you can''t blame him. The free-kick was pretty good, it curled really nice but he should have got a hand to it. No chance with the 5th, it was a tap in and unless he had ridiculous reflexes he had no chance in hell of saving it. Blame the goalie if you want, but I''m gonna stick with blaming our defence which has continually for the past god knows how many seasons has helped us p*** all over ourselves.[/quote]The first goal may have started as the result of a bad bakpass from Semi but seriously buddy, which 6ft goalkeeper can`t punch a ball 7ft off the ground?Our goalkeeper.

[quote user="Fellas"]Tbh he wasn''t as bad as the stick he got. The 1st goal was a result of the single worst backpass in history. If lisbie was any good he would have slotted it past him before the bounce, either way the goal was absolutely f***ed as soon as semmy kicked it. The second goal was a bad mistake but lisbie was 6 yards out through on goal and should have scored anyway so I can''t blame him for the goal because again if Lisbie was any good it would have been in first time. The 3rd goal maybe could have been saved but the defenders made such a bloody mess of it that again you can''t blame him. The free-kick was pretty good, it curled really nice but he should have got a hand to it. No chance with the 5th, it was a tap in and unless he had ridiculous reflexes he had no chance in hell of saving it. Blame the goalie if you want, but I''m gonna stick with blaming our defence which has continually for the past god knows how many seasons has helped us p*** all over ourselves.[/quote]

I have to agree, probably unwisely. I dont think he was as bad as the stick he got. Yes the first goal was shocking, he should have dealt with that with ease, and probably so the last goal too, but the rest were the fault of the defenders. How many times did Colly find themselves slotting passes through our defence? The defence was absolutely crud, Spillane for Nelson please.

sad as it is to say i think that might be the ONLY game we see Theoklitos play for us... i expect Alnwick to be given the nod from now own with Rudd on the bench...

will his contract be torn up and he be sent packing before the Winter snows fall?

he was shockingly bad... He seemed to not realise what his job was.. every time Colchester got a sniff of goal he seemed to look bemused as if expecting someone to tell him just what he had to do.

His kicking was about the only good aspect of his game.

at least 6 of the 7 were his fault... of so Semmy was the culprit for the first and the doc got beaten far too easily for the 2nd but in terms of positoning, handling, and just general gumption Theoklitos was shocking.. I thought Marshall was bad but i think alot of it was Laziness with Marshall.. Theoklitos looked like he had never played a game of football in his life.

He''ll be back in Australia before the end of september.. wait and see.

jas :)

[quote user="Hixdog69"][quote user="Fellas"]Tbh he wasn''t as bad as the stick he got. The 1st goal was a result of the single worst backpass in history. If lisbie was any good he would have slotted it past him before the bounce, either way the goal was absolutely f***ed as soon as semmy kicked it. The second goal was a bad mistake but lisbie was 6 yards out through on goal and should have scored anyway so I can''t blame him for the goal because again if Lisbie was any good it would have been in first time. The 3rd goal maybe could have been saved but the defenders made such a bloody mess of it that again you can''t blame him. The free-kick was pretty good, it curled really nice but he should have got a hand to it. No chance with the 5th, it was a tap in and unless he had ridiculous reflexes he had no chance in hell of saving it. Blame the goalie if you want, but I''m gonna stick with blaming our defence which has continually for the past god knows how many seasons has helped us p*** all over ourselves.[/quote]The first goal may have started as the result of a bad bakpass from Semi but seriously buddy, which 6ft goalkeeper can`t punch a ball 7ft off the ground?Our goalkeeper.[/quote]I know but to be fair to the poor guy semmy the chip the perfect through ball for lisbie as a back pass. He could have stopped it, he maybe could have even just grabbed it and gave away a free-kick but I can see why he just was in complete shock at it.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Not one Colchest man found the Theoclitoris, shame.[;)][/quote]

The rest of league one must be shitting themselves at the thought of playing Norwich

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Not one Colchest man found the Theoclitoris, shame.[;)][/quote]

I was wondering if anyone had noticed that 3rd syllable of his name, or if it was just me. Cheers, C in B.

I am having a great laugh reading the comments about how truly awful he was.  I am stumped as to why he was even chosen to start. He didn;t play much in pre-season, did he? We made it through pre-season undefeated so Gunn decided it''s time to change the goalie? HUH??!!

If the defense was also crap, shouldn''t the goalie be shouting out guidance to them?  And what about our team Captain, also on defense? What did he do to rally the team after those 2 quick goals against?  I''ll tell you what he did.  He did what he always does, he stuck his bald head up his hairy azz. 

We''ve had crap defense for years, and now adding a crap goalie to the mix, things will not get better. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

sad as it is to say i think that might be the ONLY game we see Theoklitos play for us... i expect Alnwick to be given the nod from now own with Rudd on the bench...

will his contract be torn up and he be sent packing before the Winter snows fall?

he was shockingly bad... He seemed to not realise what his job was.. every time Colchester got a sniff of goal he seemed to look bemused as if expecting someone to tell him just what he had to do.

His kicking was about the only good aspect of his game.

at least 6 of the 7 were his fault... of so Semmy was the culprit for the first and the doc got beaten far too easily for the 2nd but in terms of positoning, handling, and just general gumption Theoklitos was shocking.. I thought Marshall was bad but i think alot of it was Laziness with Marshall.. Theoklitos looked like he had never played a game of football in his life.

He''ll be back in Australia before the end of september.. wait and see.

jas :)

[/quote]

As it turns out, he hasn''t ever played a game of football in his life - apparently they have different rules in Oz? And nobody asked him if he knew the rules????

But it was ots lazy and ludicrous back pass that caused the crisis in confidence now facing  the whole team.  The back pass was NEVER on even if he played in on the floor,  he simply showed his typical laid back arrogant approach having 2 mins earlier having made a decent run forward.  He forgets his job is to stop us conceeding goals. His back pass induced the panic in Theo that lead to the subsequent debacle.   Ots should be axed as quickly as the keeper.   

But yes, Theo was abysmal and yes his errors had a part in 6 of the 7 goals. - How did we sign the only aussie who cant catch?

The first doing nothing and being beaten was the worst option - catching the ball and conceeding a free kick and yellow card was better punch the best.   For the second you can blame Nelson for his poor challenge,  then doc for taking a dummy,  but Lisbies shot was so poor,  the least the keeper should have done was push it wide away from the goal,  but to not bring the ball in and to push into the path of their player was criminal.

The free kick was not great, little pace and central to the goal - he shoul dhave been able to stop it but was static.

The other two were aerial mistakes where he did not come for a ball - his confidence and ability had long been back in oz or the dressing room - which did not help him or nelson and doc. 

The 6th he simply decided far too late to come off his line, leaving an easy cross for vernon to score after they simply walked the ball in from the left flank.

Playing theo to early in the season was a bad idea, australian and english football is very different and he''s falling into the same issues gomes faced at spurs he can''t be played with slow center backs and needs a speedy center something only askou can really do atm. Hopefully he will be able to rebuild his confidence against yeovil and exeter.

Thought Peter Vasper couldn''t be beaten but on todays performance......... I said when we signed him it woukd be Theo if he was good & Tosser if not, so Tosser it is. Saw him at Palace & last week & was concerned but in my wildest nightmares I didn''t think he could be that bad. Young Jed at 16 is infinitely more assured & competent. I honestly can''t see how he can recover his City career from this