Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Your Norwich City home debut?

12 potential league home debuts tomorrow, this got me thinking about my first ever league match at Carrow Road.The date was August 2003 and Grimsby were in town. We won 4-0, McVeigh and Mulryne both got 2 if i remember correctly?  I walked away from the game thinking Mark Rivers was the best thing since sliced bread and also knew I was city for life. [Y]What about you guys? When did you debut at Carrow road and what do you remember about it?

[quote user="CT "]12 potential league home debuts tomorrow, this got me thinking about my first ever league match at Carrow Road.The date was August 2003 and Grimsby were in town. We won 4-0, McVeigh and Mulryne both got 2 if i remember correctly?  I walked away from the game thinking Mark Rivers was the best thing since sliced bread and also knew I was city for life. [Y]What about you guys? When did you debut at Carrow road and what do you remember about it?[/quote]

Manchester united! martin peters was playing,they were shouting his name,me being young thought they were shouting me!!anyway think the game finished 3-3,canary ever since!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Southampton 1994/95 season, i think Matt Le Tiss got both of their goals in a 2-2 draw[/quote]

was that FA cup??

Southampton in the 1993/94 season, we lost 5-4, Le Tissier got a hat-trick. I was blooming devastated afterwards!

Mine was Arsenal in 1980. Seem to recall Clive Woods playing for what might have been his debut. Dont remember who scored but we won 2-1.

vs Sutton United - not a bad game for those who remember it!

1984/85 vs Everton (who were in their prime at the time). I remember that we won and I think it was Disco who scored the winner. This was in the days when we had a three sided ground. Unfortunately, we got relegated at the end of the season after winning the Milk Cup.

I don''t remember the first league match, but my first ever City game was in 1973, against Luton (a reserve fixture?) at Carrow Road. We won 2-1 and what stuck in my mind was walking from the Barclay to the River End at half time, to stand behind the Luton keeper for both halves.

August 14th 1999, at the age of 5. Norwich 0-1 Birmingham.

The Squad was:

- Cedric Anselin

- Jean-Yves de Blasiis

- Adrian Coote

- Paul Dalglish

- Pape Malik Diop

- Craig Fleming

- Erik Fuglestad

- Robert Green

- Matt Jackson

- Chris Llewellyn

- Malky Mackay

- Andy Marshall

- Lee Marshall

- Phil Mulryne

- Iwan Roberts

- Daryl Sutch.

Cant remember for the life of me the scorer though.

my first game chris woods was in goal and im sure mark barham was in the team ..sadly it was that long ago i cant remember who we were playing , i have a feeling it was stoke .!!

To long ago to remember the oppostion but I remember the smell of my fathers cigar as we walked down to the ground from hall road; the steep path from brackondale.  Then the money to buy some sweets from the little shop opposite that pub.  Remember thinking what are they all standing around they''re for at that pub?  ( now i know very well!)..  Then the smell as we passed the Burger Van and the site of the back of the River End as we walked across the bridge.  I don''t remember what game it was but I remember I kept close to my father and how exciting it all was.  From then on a fan as I will be until I die.  Nothing like Match day what ever age you are.

Sutton Utd, FA Cup 4th round. 8-0. Malcom Allen 4, Rob Fleck 3 & Trevor Putney. It set a dangerous precedent because, as an 8 year old, I expected Norwich to win every match by that margin!!

October 1964 at home to Wolves. I believe we lost 3-0 if I remember correctly, but I was only 8 Years old!!!! I pestered my late father  for weeks and weeks to take me to watch Norwich and he eventually gave in. I don''t remember much about the game but I distinctly remember walking back to the bus station afterwards. It felt like miles!!![:)]

April 1975, 1-2 v Fulham, Duncan Forbes scored for Norwich. Stood in the River End. Had saw Norwich in the Texaco Cup v Motherwell (a) before that, think it was 1973.

I can barely remember my first game! It was against crystal palace or derby at home the season before we got promoted to the prem. I was sitting in the south stand then!

1967   Norwich 1 - 1 Aston Villa.   I can still remember the great goal that Hugh Curran scored that day.        

Swindon 1967 or 68 I think, stood in River End with my dad, we won 1-0 can''t remember who scored, Don Rodgers played for them, Alan Black played for us. Didn''t go again with my dad until a young Chris Sutton scored twice against QPR, he preferred drinking and gambling! 

March 1963.  F.A.Cup v Newcastle which we won 5-0 and the following game was at home to Stoke which we won 6-0. What better could you get for your first two games?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

March 1963.  F.A.Cup v Newcastle which we won 5-0 and the following game was at home to Stoke which we won 6-0. What better could you get for your first two games?

[/quote]

So you didn''t start going ''til you were in your late twentys then[:P][;)]

Mine was Sheffield Wednesday at home in the cup in 1967. We lost 1-3 in front of 42,000.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]Southampton in the 1993/94 season, we lost 5-4, Le Tissier got a hat-trick. I was blooming devastated afterwards![/quote]mine tooi was 2 at the time...lol

November 85, I think. Norwich 3 Blackburn 0. Sat in the River End Upper (never been back there!). Quite a team on display in those days: Woods, Watson, Culverhouse, Bowen, Bruce, Phelan, Drinkell. Immortals, all...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

So you didn''t start going ''til you were in your late twentys then[:P][;)]

Mine was Sheffield Wednesday at home in the cup in 1967. We lost 1-3 in front of 42,000.

[/quote]

Beat you by a fortnight Nutty.

Home v Bristol City. 1-0 win and 28,000 attendance ( but that was because they had the tickets for the Wednesday Cup game on sale )