Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Your Norwich City home debut?

[quote user="Norwichrossi"]

Norwich 2-2 Bradford

Neil Adams scored a last minute penalty and i think it was the year 98. Loved Norwich ever since then

[/quote]

I remember that one, they were battling with the scum for auto promotion - ref awarded a pen for a small tug on Iwan and its the only time that Ive had mixed emotions about a Norwich goal

1st game for me was in 1977, 0-0 against Bolton

Some year in the late 1990''s, I presume. All I remember is asking what the man in black was doing running around the pitch. Had no idea who it was against, or who was playing i''m afraid.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="CT "]12 potential league home debuts tomorrow, this got me thinking about my first ever league match at Carrow Road.

The date was August 2003 and Grimsby were in town. We won 4-0, McVeigh and Mulryne both got 2 if i remember correctly?  I walked away from the game thinking Mark Rivers was the best thing since sliced bread and also knew I was city for life. [Y]

What about you guys? When did you debut at Carrow road and what do you remember about it?
[/quote]

Manchester united! martin peters was playing,they were shouting his name,me being young thought they were shouting me!!
anyway think the game finished 3-3,canary ever since!
[/quote]

Was that the game where Man U were 3-0 up at half time?

Now I do feel as old as Lap says.

Jan 1959 Cup game against Man U.

My Dad took me as I was then (please forgive me) a Man U fan!! It was a birthday present that has lasted all my life[:D]

50 years on and I am still a City supporter.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]March 19 1960 Norwich 0 Bradford City 0 my only ever Division 3 game...till now[/quote]

Blimey 49 years ago''it''s a good job it is rude to ask a girl her age!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Some year in the late 1990''s, I presume. All I remember is asking what the man in black was doing running around the pitch. Had no idea who it was against, or who was playing i''m afraid.[/quote]still valid

All i remember was that my dad''s cigar smelt and that i couldn''t see anything with everyone stood up all the time.

When and who i can''t remember, or what the score was either.

I haven''t been supporting very long, in fact it looks like I chose a bad time to start following city ;]

1st September 2007 for me, lost 2-1 to Cardiff.

1973 as a 13 year old a night match at home to (can''t remember) in the Texaco Trophy. Google hasn''t helped -  I have a Texaco Trophy booklet in the garage that should tie it down.

September 26th 1964 2-0 home win against Leyton Orient. My Uncle Des took me to the game and we stood in the South Stand. Funnily enough almost 45 years to the day on 29th September this year we play them again at home....spooky!

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]1973 as a 13 year old a night match at home to (can''t remember) in the Texaco Trophy. Google hasn''t helped -  I have a Texaco Trophy booklet in the garage that should tie it down.[/quote]

Me too, somewhat.  Spring of ''73, night game, but don''t recall if it was a regular season game or cup match.  It was vs. Coventry and the score ended up 1-1.  That was when I learned about NCFC, our 1st time in Division 1, and how to speak with a Norfolk accent, all while attending Avenue Rd. Middle School for a year. [Y]

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Ear;y 1980''s Norwich 0 Man Utd 0

was Fergy''s first game in charge[/quote]1986 then? Didn''t think his first game was against us.Would have been 85ish for me- against Luton I think, don''t remember much of that first one.

86/87 a 2-0 home win against Newcastle.  Can''t remember much other than the fact Kevin Drinkell scored.  Oh and also that it was one of the best days of my life!!

Looks like my memories are still functioning - the first game that I saw was a 1-1 draw with Colchester in 1955 -- no details of the game.

The next season 1956 I vividly remember City being knocked out of the FA Cup by non league Bedford Town in the first round -as a young lad I was so disappointed -couldn''t believe Norwich were out of the FA Cup at the fiirst hurdle -still there were lots of other defeats in those years of Div 3 South football

[quote user="southstand"]Looks like my memories are still functioning - the first game that I saw was a 1-1 draw with Colchester in 1955 -- no details of the game. The next season 1956 I vividly remember City being knocked out of the FA Cup by non league Bedford Town in the first round -as a young lad I was so disappointed -couldn''t believe Norwich were out of the FA Cup at the fiirst hurdle -still there were lots of other defeats in those years of Div 3 South football[/quote]

Yes I remember both those games well. Bedford beat us 4-2 and we were well second best.

This afternoon Ricardo will be starting his 56th season at CR and back in the 3rd Division where it all began. It just shows that if you wait long enough it all comes round full circle.

OTBC

As I live at the other end of the country to Norwich, my first home game was several years after my first away game.

My first home game was the first game of the 89/90 season -

English Division 1 (old)
Norwich   3 (0) - 2(0)Sunderland

on 25-08-1990

Iirc, we were 2-0 up at half time, Gabiadini (played really well) got 2 for Sunderland, to bring the scores back to 2-2, before we got the winner.

Norwich 1 - 0 Oldham92/93 season.An own goal winning the game in a pretty dire match - I was about 11 or 12 and couldnt see what all the fuss was about!Luckily he matches I went too the rest of the season were a lot more entertaining!

February 1973 v Newcastle Utd. I think we lost one nil, but I remember very little about the action on the pitch. I was far more excited and interested in the banter between the two sets of fans in the old Barclay Stand. I felt like a real little Barclay Boot Boy on the day - I was nothing of the sort, of course. I do think the days of standing probably created more electric atmosphere though. On the other hand, thank heavens we don''t now see the levels of violence on matchdays that were not unheard of in the 1970s.

[quote user="SS"]vs Sutton United - not a bad game for those who remember it![/quote]

Haha mine too. I remember not seeing any of the match, despite standing on (and subsequently breaking) my lunchbox at the time!