Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Gunns Judgement Of Goalkeepers - Not What you Expect

Pick fault with Gunn over various issues that you will but my main gripe has to be the signing of the worst goalkeeper in NCFC history. We should have been able to trust Gunn in this area but Theo Fumble is a shocker. The minute the 3rd goal went in we were calling for Alnwick to come on but on stayed the clumsy aussie. How did he win best keeper in Australia?

He fumbles, his positioning is all over the place, hes slow to react, he seems like his legs are made of cement, but worst of all, as a goalkeeper he doesnt even communicate with his defence.

Im 72, 73 in august and trust me I have never seen such a shocking goalkeeper...Gunn - Get Alnwick in and Rudd on the bench, we cant afford a liability like this carthorse!!! Nelson and Doc looked a shambolic partenership but with this clown in goal there was no communication between keeper and defence.

Theo - Please bugger off back to Australia, and even that is not far away enough!!!

He was terrible today. Must be the worst goalkepping displays i have ever seen. Dotherty and Nelson didn''t helps things either! Nelson is crap and didn''t know where the ball was half the time. Dotherty is all arms. Constantly has his arms up around players giving away stupid freekicks!

Thats Doc''s game isn''t it-every time, players back into him, and his arms go around them straight away.Same at corners, he''ll pick up someone, round the arms go again, time and time again. We might as well forget starting the game with the normal kick off, but start it with the opposition having a free kick on the edge of our area, they''re going to have them anyway, so why not start with one!

Blackpool fan here. Theoklitos was with us for a while but never made the first team. I have to say I''m amazed he was playing for you guys today. It''s hard to fathom what''s going on at your club, you have so much more going for you than we do, like three times as many fans at matches last season. You just don''t get the right managers. Roeder is hopeless and so too is Gunn, it seems. With you set up you should be pushing for promotion in the Championship, as you know. You have more money than us, but it is being wasted. Gunn looked clueless last season, if I''m honest. I''m sure he''s a lovely guy, but football management is a very difficult job. I hope things pick up for you, quickly.

[quote user="clibit"]Blackpool fan here. Theoklitos was with us for a while but never made the first team. I have to say I''m amazed he was playing for you guys today. It''s hard to fathom what''s going on at your club, you have so much more going for you than we do, like three times as many fans at matches last season. You just don''t get the right managers. Roeder is hopeless and so too is Gunn, it seems. With you set up you should be pushing for promotion in the Championship, as you know. You have more money than us, but it is being wasted. Gunn looked clueless last season, if I''m honest. I''m sure he''s a lovely guy, but football management is a very difficult job. I hope things pick up for you, quickly.
[/quote]

Cheers all the best for the season.

Theo - Not good enough for Blackpool but good enough for us...joke!!!!!!!!!

Neil Adams what a pillock!!!

He claims to have taken off Theo would have dented the lads confidence.....ok Neil...leave him on the pitch to conceed SEVEN becuase that does him the owrld of good...and the other players confidence...at least Alnwick might have actually talked to and organised his defence.

Just watched sky sports news and they look even worse than from where I was sitting at the match. Woeful keeper, Gunn should know this area....clearly out of touch. Bring in Alnwick, hes obviously been brought in because they had concerns over Theo anyway.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE, CBE, OAP."]Just watched sky sports news and they look even worse than from where I was sitting at the match. Woeful keeper, Gunn should know this area....clearly out of touch. Bring in Alnwick, hes obviously been brought in because they had concerns over Theo a

he has got a good netball arm!

i claimed he was a good keeper ..... i will put my hands up and say i never have been so wrong .i think the guy shocked everyone in football today .. i would be shocked to see him wearing the number one jersey again ..