Sign in to follow this  
JTG

So Gunn's not resigning.....

Gunn''s interview on radio Norfolk today indicates that he is disgracefully not walking away from Carrow Road. As nice a guy as he is, he is a complete idiot and an absolutely disgrace for not resigning. Fingers crossed he gets sacked tonight obviously, as the longer he stays the worse things are going to get for us. Worst manager in our history. Worse than Roeder, even worse than Hamilton. Sack him. For the good of this football club, he has to go. We are more likely to end up in League 2 than anything else if he stays in charge. A real manager needs to be brought in so that they can make use of what looks like a half decent squad that''s been put together (minus Theoklitos of course).

[quote user="JTG"]Gunn''s interview on radio Norfolk today indicates that he is disgracefully not walking away from Carrow Road. As nice a guy as he is, he is a complete idiot and an absolutely disgrace for not resigning. Fingers crossed he gets sacked tonight obviously, as the longer he stays the worse things are going to get for us. Worst manager in our history. Worse than Roeder, even worse than Hamilton. Sack him. For the good of this football club, he has to go. We are more likely to end up in League 2 than anything else if he stays in charge. A real manager needs to be brought in so that they can make use of what looks like a half decent squad that''s been put together (minus Theoklitos of course).[/quote]Are you surprised? I just can''t see him walking, and I really don''t think he''ll be sacked, unless our new chairman/chief ex really prove their metal!

As I''ve said on other posts, Gunn allowed this coreline to escalate into what it became , when he didn''t sub Theoklitos and Nelson at 2 or 3 , it was clear then that a scoreline like this was on the cards - and he stood there and allowed it to happen -- That''s the REAL,unforgivable disgrace of today.

I''m noyt saying we would have got back into it, but if it had gone on to be 3-1 or 4-2 for instance - you get one with it, but this is irrepairable/

If he won''t leave . then I''m afraid it''s going to have to take more scenes like today to make it happen.- it will get nasty

If it has to get nasty for Gunn to leave one way or another, then so be it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

As I''ve said on other posts, Gunn allowed this coreline to escalate into what it became , when he didn''t sub Theoklitos and Nelson at 2 or 3 , it was clear then that a scoreline like this was on the cards - and he stood there and allowed it to happen -- That''s the REAL,unforgivable disgrace of today.

I''m noyt saying we would have got back into it, but if it had gone on to be 3-1 or 4-2 for instance - you get one with it, but this is irrepairable/

If he won''t leave . then I''m afraid it''s going to have to take more scenes like today to make it happen.- it will get nasty

[/quote]My sentiments exactly at the end of the game. The fact that this is the worst result in the clubs history tells you the man responsible will never be a success.He needs to go now, theres no point waiting, he''s had 20 games in charge, won 3 and the last 2 matches have been absolutey diabolical.

[quote]My sentiments exactly at the end of the game. The fact that this is the worst result in the clubs history tells you the man responsible will never be a success.He needs to go now, theres no point waiting, he''s had 20 games in charge, won 3 and the last 2 matches have been absolutey diabolical.[/quote]That''s a shocking record. Can''t imagine any other club sticking with an amateur they''d taken a gamble on after that.

I''ve never been in favour of having Bryan Gunn as our manager. In my opinion he''s a great personality to have at Norwich but he''s not management material.

That said it would be ridiculous not to give him at least two or three more matches with his new players to try get it right. If results haven''t improved dramatically very quickly then surely then is the time to look to to change the set-up but not after only one game.