Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

9 more games or should he go already?

I said after the summer of signings i would give Gunn at least 10 games to prove me wrong and that he deserves to be Norwich manager,most fans who didn''t want Gunn as boss seemed to agree maybe he deserved his chance with his team BUT after todays shower of s*** game i''m just numb,i''ve tried to be more positive over the last few weeks but today has almost sent me over the edge and i''m boiling with anger,in all honesty i don''t know where we go after today but Gunn has 9 more games to turn it round before imo the fans turn against him, and after today i just don''t think he will do it!!! I have Never felt so ashamed to be a fan of this club as i do this evening,a very sad day.So what do you fellow fans think,is it daft to sack a manager after one HEAVY loss or should he go already? Gunn out or Gunn in?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I said after the summer of signings i would give Gunn at least 10 games to prove me wrong and that he deserves to be Norwich manager,most fans who didn''t want Gunn as boss seemed to agree maybe he deserved his chance with his team BUT after todays shower of s*** game i''m just numb,i''ve tried to be more positive over the last few weeks but today has almost sent me over the edge and i''m boiling with anger,in all honesty i don''t know where we go after today but Gunn has 9 more games to turn it round before imo the fans turn against him, and after today i just don''t think he will do it!!! I have NEVER felt so ashamed to be a fan of this club as i do this evening,a very sad day.So what do you fellow fans think,is it daft to sack a manager after one HEAVY loss or should he go already? Gunn out or Gunn in?[/quote]

Good post PC, I reckon he should walk before things go really nasty. He is NOT a manager. I feel the same as you tonight. My father supports Brentford and I told him we would romp his team on tuesday week... Now I''m just too ashamed to even talk to him about football.

Go already before it''s too late. He hasn''t had 1 game in charge now, he''s had 20. And we can all see the brilliant job he did with those.

Gunn out, and doubly so after the interview where he praised the stewards instead of apologising and letting us all know just how mad he is and how he''s gonig to rip the entire squad a new a-hole.

i tell ya, the face of a particularly ugly fat balding colchester fan jeering at me after #4 will haunt me for awhile...if we lose the next one he should walk

He wont walk, he wont be sacked, we''re f*****.

He should take a leaf out of Ricky Sbragia''s book. Ricky Sbragia kept Sunderland up and proved he was a ''decent'' manager. Yet he stated that the club needed ''a new manager to take them into a new era'' and stepped down. I have a lot of respect for Sbragia for that - and I''m sure Sunderland fans do aswell.

Bryan Gunn on the other hand, took us into the relegation zone, got us relegated, proved he was a useless manager - yet he is still here. Absolute joke.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I said after the summer of signings i would give Gunn at least 10 games to prove me wrong and that he deserves to be Norwich manager,most fans who didn''t want Gunn as boss seemed to agree maybe he deserved his chance with his team BUT after todays shower of s*** game i''m just numb,i''ve tried to be more positive over the last few weeks but today has almost sent me over the edge and i''m boiling with anger,in all honesty i don''t know where we go after today but Gunn has 9 more games to turn it round before imo the fans turn against him, and after today i just don''t think he will do it!!! I have Never felt so ashamed to be a fan of this club as i do this evening,a very sad day.So what do you fellow fans think,is it daft to sack a manager after one HEAVY loss or should he go already? Gunn out or Gunn in?[/quote]

I said the same Phat, but after this shambles, now, before anymore damage is inflicted.

He did little or nothing to justify too much optimism for this season, when he was in charge last season.Think its relatively safe to say that, had a relatively competent Manager been given the job post-Roeder, we could still have been in the Championship this time around-with the players we had, surely easier to stay up than go down?I can''t go with the "its only one game" mantra, its not, he''s had plenty and I''d like to see his P W D L F A record as Manager now on here.One game or not, our new CE and Chairman both "inherited" him and his coaching team, they can make a real statement of intent on his future, and, if Delia objects, as I am sure she would, watch the new CE walk, he will want to do things his way, and not tolerate her inteference. Embarassment isn''t a strong enough word for what happened today, its so much more than that, yes, there are freak and  unusual results, and them winning 2-0 would have been unusual, 3-0, 4-0 freak. But 7, and a possibility it might have been 10? Come on!

As long as Gunn remains in charge the only way is down. heres a sobering thought - we could be 3 divisions below ipswich this time next year ;-(

Gunn and his players are merely the symptoms. Delia and her fellow muppets on the board are the disease.

If we had lost by the odd goal I would have been disappointed but would give Gunn the benefit of the doubt. But to get hammered 7-1 at home to an average league 1 team is a disgrace, especially after relegration previous season. If I were the manager and city fan/legend I would hold my hands up and go. But I can’t see Gunn doing this, which is why I question his love for the club!! To think I was very optimistic before the game and telling colleagues at work during the week I fancied us to win the league. Early days I know but just so disappointed and bitter at the moment.

True that, decent guy, not a manager.

I wonder what Archant will say about his performance, now that their top man is on the board.

He is not a nice bloke - he is an arrogant t---t who didn''t sound the least bit hurt about today''s shambolic display. We have to pin our hopes on the new CE having a bit more about him than the previous buffoon. I don''t believe he will tolerate many more ''efforts'' like todays.

Gunn out. He has to go now. I am beginning to hate him for not doing the right thing and walking away and I do not want to hate him. So out of his depth it''s embarrassing.

[quote user="barclay seats 48 49 "]Well I doubt he will do the decent thing and walk........so I guess its down to the fans to do something ! [/quote]We could take a leave out of the South Americans book and shoot him

Do what though BS 48/49?,having a few hundred outside protesting does nothing as we proved last year.Tough times ahead me thinks.

He must go now and take his woeful coaching team with him. If he had any decency he would resign.

Since becoming Manager he hasn''t done anything tactically or, appears, man management wise to justify his position. Crooke''s recommendations have all been a disaster culminating in our new goalkeeper.

He has been playing Hooly in the middle to roam free in the friendlies and it worked well. Today he puts him down he left where we all know his effectiveness is limited. Colchester must have thought it was Christmas - here is our playmaker playing in a position where their defenders can push him out wide and out of danger. Brainless!

If the CE and the Chairman are the type of people i think they are, they will be searching already and if Delia doesn''t like it, they will be off.

Like you Phat I was happy to give Gunn 10 games. Not now mate!

He should get the next 2 games - if he doesnt turn it around then he can get the hell out and take crook with him, crook was never more than a jumped up fitness coach and scout in australia, the level there is so much lower than the UK and he is out of tocuh with UK football- it was a typical Smith appointment - based on emotion not fact - and this is her major failure - she is totally clueless about football and just goes with her emotions and what she thinks will be popular with the crowd.

simple he should go now, we should appoint deehan as manager, at least hes a experienced manager and he does know the players

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]I think he should go now Phat. Nice bloke, but not a manager[/quote]

100% agree.  He wasnt the man to keep up last season but was given a chance and failed.

The players dont fear or respect Gunn.  Being a nice guy isnt a good qualification for one of the toughest jobs.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I said after the summer of signings i would give Gunn at least 10 games to prove me wrong and that he deserves to be Norwich manager,most fans who didn''t want Gunn as boss seemed to agree maybe he deserved his chance with his team BUT after todays shower of s*** game i''m just numb,i''ve tried to be more positive over the last few weeks but today has almost sent me over the edge and i''m boiling with anger,in all honesty i don''t know where we go after today but Gunn has 9 more games to turn it round before imo the fans turn against him, and after today i just don''t think he will do it!!! I have Never felt so ashamed to be a fan of this club as i do this evening,a very sad day.So what do you fellow fans think,is it daft to sack a manager after one HEAVY loss or should he go already? Gunn out or Gunn in?[/quote]

Gunn out!!and next game ill pop over! just a  bit  stunned today!

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]He should get the next 2 games - if he doesnt turn it around then he can get the hell out and take crook with him, crook was never more than a jumped up fitness coach and scout in australia, the level there is so much lower than the UK and he is out of tocuh with UK football- it was a typical Smith appointment - based on emotion not fact - and this is her major failure - she is totally clueless about football and just goes with her emotions and what she thinks will be popular with the crowd.[/quote]

Absolutely right Helsinki - in fact they are virtually her very words way back in ''96 when she came on the Board! I have campaigned against Smith since that fateful spring / summer of ''98 yet it has taken some ten years or more for more fans to see the light.

Today in Block K of The Jarrold, I roared out ''SMITH OUT'' as the 4th, 5th, 6th and finally 7th goals went in. The response from those near me? Nothing but muted, stupid silence.

Of course we can get her out. IF we start the vocal Chase Out type protests INSIDE the ground when she is sitting, preening herself in thr front row of the Directors Box, she would scarper. Smith lives off the celebrity like support she has amongst City fans who, until today, have NEVER vocally turned against her at the ground (which is where it matters). If the crowd turn on her she would disappear and leave us to get on with rebuilding OUR club.      

I have to say YR that I now agree with you re ''Smith out'' chants.

It sounds a bit infantile but I really do think this would hit home more than anything else at the moment. It''s direct and it''s personal. She won''t like it and it will hurt her massive ego.

Yep - Let''s do it but like all chants it has to start by a sizeable group in the Lower Barclay. If that can be sorted helped by the disastrous performances on the pitch, it will soon spread around the key areas in the ground.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I have to say YR that I now agree with you re ''Smith out'' chants.

It sounds a bit infantile but I really do think this would hit home more than anything else at the moment. It''s direct and it''s personal. She won''t like it and it will hurt her massive ego.

Yep - Let''s do it but like all chants it has to start by a sizeable group in the Lower Barclay. If that can be sorted helped by the disastrous performances on the pitch, it will soon spread around the key areas in the ground.[/quote]

One bloke near me had a fecking fit because fans around us started chanting what a load of rubbish,he was happy to see the team 6-1 down at the time,honestly some fans are odd!!!