Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

If Doc is in the team - I WILL NOT TURN UP AND WATCH AGAIN

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Scottlarock"]captain material huh?[/quote]

Ah well any excuse to have a bash at the Doc (albeit totally justified on today''s ''performance'').
[/quote]

Pretty much. When it comes to the Doc, for whatever reason (or no reason) there are always some people who are desperate to get on his case. Like I''ve said before...if he wore a Malky mask then nobody would have a problem with the way he defended.

At least there are some of us, like you and me, who know he had a bad game today but know he has done much better than that for us in the past and will do much better in the future.

[/quote]

Reason is that he''s rubbish.

The day he first signed I was worried.

Please tell me 3 occasions when he has done much better in the past for us................please articulate it for me as I''m obviously stupid.

[/quote]

Pick any 3 games he played last season and you''d probably find he turned in a good performance. Assuming you watched with an open mind and not just the mindset "I think Doc is rubbish and I can''t wait to find faults with his performance."

Anyway, this one isn''t going anywhere. You don''t rate him and I do. Just one of those things.

[/quote]

Nobody rates him.  He held out signing last summer waiting for offers and NONE CAME IN. So we got stuck with him.  I was thrilled when Roeder told him to sign by July 1 or bugger off, and then decimated when he signed on July 1 or whatever date.  I only wish Roeder had just told him to not bother signing at all.

He is a liability.  Just because he is loyal to the team (tho not too loyal to look for other offers) and tries hard does not make him good.  Being good makes him good, and he is not good. Other teams recognize that.

I shall spell out some more facts about the Doc!!! -

You will struggle to find a better CB than the Doc in League1!

In most of his games for us at the back Doc has done a good job although hes had some shockers along the way but then again so has nearly every other player whose played for us in recent seasons!

The "lets slag of the Doc at any opportunity" brigade are tiresome to say the least and most of the "Docknockers" on here sound like teenagers who''ve been at games hearing blinkered fans slagging the Doc and jumping on this particular bullsh*t bandwagon!

Today collectively was a joke not just the Docs fault! 

The only players to come out of the game with any positives at all were Drury, Whalley and Mcdonald!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

In most of his games for us at the back Doc has done a good job although hes had some shockers along the way but then again so has nearly every other player whose played for us in recent seasons!

The "lets slag of the Doc at any opportunity" brigade are tiresome to say the least and most of the "Docknockers" on here sound like teenagers who''ve been at games hearing blinkered fans slagging the Doc and jumping on this particular bullsh*t bandwagon!

The only players to come out of the game with any positives at all were Drury, Whalley and Mcdonald!

[/quote]There were absolutely no ''facts'', spelt , or otherwise in your post. I believe it was opinion.....................................unfounded.

As you''re so precise, please tell me the ever present player in our defence since Doc has been here? Do you believe defence is important in the modern game? How many clean sheets have we had? how many time have we let in 2 or more goals? Who should take some (not all) responsibility?You seem to think there are ''auto doc knockers '' about - how many other centre halfs in the game are we going to try to partner him with to find a good partnership? It will get to the point that we''ve tried so many that barring Terry, Carvalho and Vidic we''ll fnd that we''re just unlucky to have the 4th best centre half in Brittish football and that it''s just unfortunate that nobody else is good enougfh to play with him.

Or you get a grip, stop blindly backing someone who is obviously a busted flush, that never looked that good anyway. In fact how ridiculous is it to compartmenatlise someone who has an opinion about someone, when you are on a sillly bandwagon yourself.......with no facts, spelt or otherwise.

Doc has been involved in 2 relegations and the worst defeat in the clubs history.  No more needs to be said.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Have just seen the goals again on TV - key parts in defending highlighted - key problem in red.

1. Ots and Theo blame - suicidal back pass by he who I can no longer name
  2. Nelson with a poor challenge as Lisbie set free, Doc too easily turn as Lisbie puts in a tame shot Theo makes a pigs ear fo the shot and spoon feeds platt
  3. Throw in, Doc beaten by Platt, Nelson beaten in air by Lisbie, Theo rooted to the spot.
  4. Poor challenge conceeds free kick by Nelson but Theo in a shocking position for a centrally struck free kick that was completely savable.
  5. Poor challenge by OTJ saw a cross reach far post as Theo watched ball cross his 6 yard box.
  6. V weak challenge by Nelson, he who I can no longer name watches as Perkins sweetly volleys in the lay off.
  7. Drury and Nelson back off without effort as player watlzes through unchallenged while Theo madly decides to rush from line despite Doc covering and he who I can no longer name watches Vernon come in to score  

Keeper error involved in 6 goals (directly for 4 imo),  centre back contribution to 6 (1),  Full backs 3 (1).

It was poor all the way around 

[/quote]agreed. It was really poor all round.No defenders had a good game, but Drury and Doherty were the better two imo.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Have just seen the goals again on TV - key parts in defending highlighted - key problem in red.

2. Nelson with a poor challenge as Lisbie set free, Doc too easily turn as Lisbie puts in a tame shot Theo makes a pigs ear fo the shot and spoon feeds platt
  3. Throw in, Doc beaten by Platt, Nelson beaten in air by Lisbie, Theo rooted to the spot.
  4. Poor challenge conceeds free kick by Nelson but Theo in a shocking position for a centrally struck free kick that was completely savable.
  5. Poor challenge by OTJ saw a cross reach far post as Theo watched ball cross his 6 yard box.
  6. V weak challenge by Nelson, he who I can no longer name watches as Perkins sweetly volleys in the lay off.
  7. Drury and Nelson back off without effort as player watlzes through unchallenged while Theo madly decides to rush from line despite Doc covering and he who I can no longer name watches Vernon come in to score  

Keeper error involved in 6 goals (directly for 4 imo),  centre back contribution to 6 (1),  Full backs 3 (1).

[/quote]agreed. It was really poor all round.No defenders had a good game, but Drury and Doherty were the better two imo.[/quote]

...did you not just see on TV, the Doc was a rock in defence...........................................a totally inanimate object - Colchester were wetting themselves, totally and utterly embarrassing.

As I said on another thread, the Doc is going for the hatrick.

How any football manager can''t realise that they ain''t going to win promotion with the "lumbering oaf" (as he was famously described once in the national press) at the centre of their defence and Captain of his bunch of misfits is beyond me!

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

agreed. It was really poor all round.

No defenders had a good game, but Drury and Doherty were the better two imo.
[/quote]

...did you not just see on TV, the Doc was a rock in defence...........................................a totally inanimate object - Colchester were wetting themselves, totally and utterly embarrassing.

[/quote]

Yep...

I saw that the Doc was largely to blame for goals 2, 3 and 7 and also backed off too much on goal 6.

A dreadful performance by anybody''s standards.

Never mind the hatrick is on oh Ginger one!

They should take Doc to the glue factory.Lumbering Oaf is polite, worse is hes been at it for 3 seasons..

He IS,,, has been and ALWAYS will be Crap !

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep...

I saw that the Doc was largely to blame for goals 2, 3 and 7 and also backed off too much on goal 6.

[/quote]

I thought you would be the first person on here if we lost, and yep you was "Smudger".

Bet you couldnt wait to spout your crap.

well its just one game out of 46, and theres a long way to go.

Come back after the 46 game have passed.

Well thank god somebody posted this. How many times does it need to be said! Doc is rubbish, the guy is slow and clumsy and cant defend, everytime i see him go into a tackle im thinking penalty! He was not championship standard and is not even league 1 standard unfortunately! The fact that he is still in the first team and to make it worse is the captain, just about sums it up for me with this team and ambition! Dreadful!!!

Forwards and fans from other teams must see him in our starting eleven and just laugh, knowing they already have an advantage!

New season and welcome back to the pinkun messageboard!!!!!! & same old story and venting of anger! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No but Smudge is right, he could be going for a hattrick of relegations! (Don''t usually agree with him - If ever)

I was feeling all positive as i thought we had a new defence almost - Stefanovic, Askou, Spillane back who looked good and had pace and Wiggins. Nelson too, though i wouldn''t put him in again after today.

But instead what we do is put in 3 players who have leaked goals like there is no tomorrow and all been pivotal in relegation battles. Admittedly Otsemabor looked good in pre-season but now he''s reverted back to type, lets change things. I would be happier to keep Otsemabor if we had 2 good centre backs.

People can''t keep saying he''s good and it''s everyone elses fault when there are constants through the bad times. I would try and be more positive, but out of the back 4 i reckon at least 3 will be present him the next league game, if not all 4 of them. As i read somewhere... I can take the despair, it''s the hope i can''t take. I want to go to the next game as i love my team, but if the same defence lines up i will just be left feeling depressed that no lessons were learnt.

Doc poor yesterday but not anywhere near as terrible as NELSON  who looked totally all at sea for 90 mins and as for the keeper..........

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep...

[/quote]

Back off on goal 6?  Nelson was challlenging (if you call it that) Platt I  think with the lay off sideways while, Doc covered Vernon,  it s was that shower of true defensive shite that is JO ke and OTJ who allowed Perkins the time to score.

Goal 7 it was drury who was rounded and then Nelson who was made to look an idiot before Theo came out about 3 seconds too late, having encouraged doc to cross the six yard box.

6 & 7 were not Doc "fault" 2 was def the keepers although he had a part to play,  while Doc positioning was OK for goal three he was beaten by Platt but Nelsons effort against Lisbei was far too weak.

The defence as a whole was poor today.  But to see what if patently not there and persist in an illogical crusade against oc because you dont like him is ridiculous (not aimed at you here smudger, all doc haters on this post) 

My point is that the WHOLE defence were attrocious and unorganised today - but JO ke, Theo and Nelson were a level of diabolicalness beyond everyone else.

[/quote]

What is tiresome is clueless fools like you who will stick up for a player who has had a large part to play in two relegations and is going for the hatrick.  Can you not see a consistent factor in NCFC''s fortunes and having the Doc at the heart of our defence?  He had a large part to play in 3 or 4 of yesterday''s goals and has been repeating these blunders year upon year.  Ostomebor has made man, many errors also.  Theoklitis, as poor as he may be puts one bad day in at the office and gets crucified for it.

Try blaming those who have already proved they are a failure at the club (including the manager and those in the boardroom).

Didn''t Adeyemi come out of the match with any credit whatsoever then?  I would suggest that he came out of the match with a damn sight more respect from most City fans than Whalley did yesterday.

[/quote]But he is constantly there at the helm of these constant collapses. He is also the Captain for christs sake. How far have we fallen?This player is all that is wrong with NCFC for the past 4 years or so. I have said in numerous threads for years that until we get a manager that realises he is completely useless and makes replacing him his first task, we will only go in one direction DOWN!To this date I have been proven correct over 5 seasons and 4 managers! A manager that believes he is the man for the job is not the correct manager.

What''s really worrying is that other teams will see Lisbie waltz around Doherty & see how easily he can be beaten by a quick forward. Whatever his other attributes, for this reason alone he is a liability - unless Gunn can come up with a TEAM plan to cover for him. On present evidence this seems unlikely.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep...

[/quote]

I thought you would be the first person on here if we lost, and yep you was "Smudger".

Bet you couldnt wait to spout your crap.

well its just one game out of 46, and theres a long way to go.

Come back after the 46 game have passed.

[/quote]

Hardly the first on here was I?  I also think you will find that my criticism has been quite mild when compared with a hell of a lot.

Yet more unfounded rubbish from a certain poster I see??? 

Now we listen to your pearls of wisdom on it being a 46 game season.  Well I hope that you are still looking forward to the remaining 45??? [:$]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep...

[/quote]

Back off on goal 6?  Nelson was challlenging (if you call it that) Platt I  think with the lay off sideways while, Doc covered Vernon,  it s was that shower of true defensive shite that is JO ke and OTJ who allowed Perkins the time to score.

Goal 7 it was drury who was rounded and then Nelson who was made to look an idiot before Theo came out about 3 seconds too late, having encouraged doc to cross the six yard box.

6 & 7 were not Doc "fault" 2 was def the keepers although he had a part to play,  while Doc positioning was OK for goal three he was beaten by Platt but Nelsons effort against Lisbei was far too weak.

The defence as a whole was poor today.  But to see what if patently not there and persist in an illogical crusade against oc because you dont like him is ridiculous (not aimed at you here smudger, all doc haters on this post) 

My point is that the WHOLE defence were attrocious and unorganised today - but JO ke, Theo and Nelson were a level of diabolicalness beyond everyone else.

[/quote]

Number 6 was as you say several players fault, the Doc being one of them for sitting FAR TOO DEEP.  When defending this has two main effects, it allows the player with the ball to keep running at goal unless tackled by one of your team mates and perhaps more importantly it allows several of the oppositions players to push up on goal without being caught offside.  DOUBLE DANGER, but it seems that you and our clueless manager do not realise these basic concepts of defending?

Oh and I must just add that with a defender of the Doc''s very limited pace it is twice as important that he HOLDS THE LINE further up the pitch.

Oh and didn''t you just love the Doc''s no challenge whatsoever for number 7???

[quote user="ron obvious"]

What''s really worrying is that other teams will see Lisbie waltz around Doherty & see how easily he can be beaten by a quick forward. Whatever his other attributes, for this reason alone he is a liability - unless Gunn can come up with a TEAM plan to cover for him. On present evidence this seems unlikely.

[/quote]

hahaha if Lisbie can do that to him I am really looking forward to seeing how the Doc handles Simeon Jackson.