Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Theoklitos - Have We been conned???

Its happened before for example when someone claimed they were George Weahs cousin played 12 minutes for southampton before they realised he wasnt a footballer so has the same happened with Theoklitos?

Or has he just got an allergy to footballs and fills his boots with cement before a game?

The worst goalkeeping performence I have ever seen from sunday league to professional, hes slow, cant kick, cant jump, poor positioning, and doesent talk to his defence.

I have never seen such a disgrace to the number 1 shirt...it makes me sick. We should have been able to trust Gunn when it comes to spotting a decent keeper, but this guy would struggle to get in Rackheath reserves.

As for Neil Adams saying if he had been subbed that would have dented his confidence - well leaving him on the pitch done the rest of the teams confidence the world of good didnt it Neil you tool...get those splinters out of your arse and stop sitting on the fence muppet!!!

Was this one big con by a australian or the biggest joke of a goalkeeper signing this club has ever and will ever have?

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

The worst goalkeeping performence I have ever seen from sunday league to professional, hes slow, cant kick, cant jump, poor positioning, and doesent talk to his defence.

[/quote]

How vey unfair I thought he kicked very well... I mean it stayed on the pitch didn''t always happen wit the Marshall''s did it???

Being serious though that is THE worst Goalkeeping performance I have ever seen.

The comparisons to the guy who claimed to be George Weah''s cousin is about right. He looked so far out of his depth it was untrue.

He should have been gone by half time, keeping him on won''t have done his confidence any good as he was only gonna spend 45 minutes getting jeered by both fans and picking the ball out of the net... Which he did.

It was catch 21 but I would have put on Alnwick on... No point throwing Rudd to the Lions with defending like that.

I''m not sure if we have been conned or not but it certainly feels like I have been conned as I have a worthless piece of plastic worth 300 quid in my wallet, question is do I throw it away know or in May???

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

[/quote]

How vey unfair I thought he kicked very well... I mean it stayed on the pitch didn''t always happen wit the Marshall''s did it???

Being serious though that is THE worst Goalkeeping performance I have ever seen.

The comparisons to the guy who claimed to be George Weah''s cousin is about right. He looked so far out of his depth it was untrue.

He should have been gone by half time, keeping him on won''t have done his confidence any good as he was only gonna spend 45 minutes getting jeered by both fans and picking the ball out of the net... Which he did.

It was catch 21 but I would have put on Alnwick on... No point throwing Rudd to the Lions with defending like that.

I''m not sure if we have been conned or not but it certainly feels like I have been conned as I have a worthless piece of plastic worth 300 quid in my wallet, question is do I throw it away know or in May???

[/quote]

I meant catch 22...

I am still somewhat numb from the worst NCFC performance I have ever seen.

Accuse me of convering up our horrific peformance if you wish. Im not! Yes we did play terrible, but isnt that life. Sometimes you play terrible, such as today. Some times you play well, such as today from a Colchester''s perspective. OTBC

[quote user="Brendan"]Accuse me of convering up our horrific peformance if you wish. Im not! Yes we did play terrible, but isnt that life. Sometimes you play terrible, such as today. Some times you play well, such as today from a Colchester''s perspective. OTBC[/quote]

Thing is mate, it wasnt as if it was against a top premier side or even a top chamionship side it was against colchester {no offence Colchester fans.

In this league we are the equivelant of the premiership top 4. Could you imagine if Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool lost 7-1 at home to Stoke?

The keeper is a joke and should have his contact terminated under the trade descriptions act.

And as for the "dream" partnership of Doherty and Nelson, well...dumb and dumber springs to mind.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought he made a good job of collecting the ball out of the net . He has good movement, in particular when collecting the ball after conceding another goal.

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought he made a good job of collecting the ball out of the net . He has good movement, in particular when collecting the ball after conceding another goal.

[/quote]

LOL, the only time he felt brave enough to go anywhere near the ball.

LOL, the only time he felt brave enough to go anywhere near the ball.

Baldrick and Sir Arthur, you guys are the limit!  Holy cow, those last 2 comments were funny.  Thanks for helping me smile on such a dreadful day.

the bloke behind me said he was only at fault for 1 of the goals i felt like turning and slapping himgoal 1 - Otsemobor (what the *?) but what the * was Skippy doing? He jumped UNDER the ball then tried to punch and you know what happened [:@]goal 2 - spilled the shot straight out to Platt goal 3 - does he want the ball straight down hs throat before he collects it? Easily could have collected itgoal 4 - fair play, good goalgoal 5 - that was just a shambles non-stop goal 6 - again good goal goal 7 - ditto 5

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]the bloke behind me said he was only at fault for 1 of the goals i felt like turning and slapping him

goal 1 - Otsemobor (what the *?) but what the * was Skippy doing? He jumped UNDER the ball then tried to punch and you know what happened [:@]

goal 2 - spilled the shot straight out to Platt

goal 3 - does he want the ball straight down hs throat before he collects it? Easily could have collected it

goal 4 - fair play, good goal

goal 5 - that was just a shambles non-stop

goal 6 - again good goal

goal 7 - ditto 5
[/quote]

Agree bar goal 4. Awful positioning for the free kick. You could see that would go straight in.

This is the guy Gunn talked up as having the personality and presence that we haven''t had in goal for years.

The bloke may be 6ft on paper but he looks like a feeble 5ft 3 and 8-stone dripping wet. He reacts to a football the same way my 4 year old daughter does when one''s thrown at her.

I can''t believe that if that''s his average game he ever got further than pub football, so he must be A LOT better than today. He''s played for Australia for gods sake! Maybe it was just a case of the first goal going in horrifically and from then on his confidence and ability just flapped out the window. I can think of no other reason for anyone to be as bad as this. Even if he is better however, how many average games will he play before he has another howler? If the confidence falls apart as easily as today probably not long.

Still it''s not as if we''ve just given him a 2 year contract...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]the bloke behind me said he was only at fault for 1 of the goals i felt like turning and slapping him

goal 1 - Otsemobor (what the *?) but what the * was Skippy doing? He jumped UNDER the ball then tried to punch and you know what happened [:@]

goal 2 - spilled the shot straight out to Platt

goal 3 - does he want the ball straight down hs throat before he collects it? Easily could have collected it

goal 4 - fair play, good goal

goal 5 - that was just a shambles non-stop

goal 6 - again good goal

goal 7 - ditto 5
[/quote]

Agree bar goal 4. Awful positioning for the free kick. You could see that would go straight in.

[/quote]

Said to my son "look where hes standing this is in"...unfortunatly I was right.

Still in shock at the worst keeper to pull on the city number 1 shirt....and as for the Doherty/Nelson partnership in front of him.......grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]Still in shock at the worst keeper to pull on the city number 1 shirt....and as for the Doherty/Nelson partnership in front of him.......grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!![/quote]

It''s Doherty and Nelson that are the biggest worry for me, them two are meant to be the backbone and rock in the centre of defence. However they were awful and Doherty''s attempt at captaincy was appaling yesterday.

Theo was shocking and I don''t quite know why, against Wigan he looked assured as well as being vocal and it all just fell too pieces.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Trust us to get the Aussie who''s hopeless at sport![/quote]

Like i said Aussies are only good at cricket!