Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

are we getting too Billy big spuds on here?

lets face it.. its league 1.. not pub football.. we will be up against former Premiership players, up and coming youngsters and expreinced scrappers....

reading a few of the posts on here and some of us seem to think teams are just going to roll over and die, pride comes before a fall.... a wet rainy 0-0 draw against Leyton Orient is going to ram home just where we are at the moment..

we wont walk the league, lets get that put t bed right away... i think we can do well... but its not going to be as easy as some on here think.....

lets start with 3 points on saturday.. but lets not get carried away with a Gunn Witch hunt or slagging off each other if we aint top of the league come the end of august.....

jas :)

Not being funny Jas, but I''ve not seen to many people saying we will walk the league. Just makes a nice change to the mire that this message board was 2-3 months ago!

it would be foolish to say we''ll run away with anythiing this season. We have rebuilt a good side but its going to be a scrap and a half to get out of this league.

I think people are more in the frame of mind of there is a high chance of us having a successful season (top 10 finish). Baring in mind it''s Team Gunn''s first full season together, with a whole new squad a top 10 finish would be a good season.

It''s just nice to have a bit of change at Carrow Road and I think everyone is making the most of it after countless years of negativity from management and players, not so much thinking we''re the big boys who will walk the league.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

lets face it.. its league 1.. not pub football.. we will be up against former Premiership players, up and coming youngsters and expreinced scrappers....

reading a few of the posts on here and some of us seem to think teams are just going to roll over and die, pride comes before a fall.... a wet rainy 0-0 draw against Leyton Orient is going to ram home just where we are at the moment..

we wont walk the league, lets get that put t bed right away... i think we can do well... but its not going to be as easy as some on here think.....

lets start with 3 points on saturday.. but lets not get carried away with a Gunn Witch hunt or slagging off each other if we aint top of the league come the end of august.....

[/quote]You''re on my wavelength with this Jas. Have a look at my ''If We Lose To Colchester'' post. We obviously both had the same reflective night.

it is nice to see positivity surrounding the rebuilding of the squad and the great results in preseason. We as Norfolk folk love a good moan........its in our genes! lol I defintely see a top eight finish

Haven''t seen many people making rash assumptions so far! I think we have all suffered too much over the last few years to be anything other than highly cautious before the season even kicks off.What is refreshing though is for people to be discussing selection and tactical issues with our squad all signed up and playing some part in pre-season rather than speculating about whether we will sign somebody or beg a loan to fill that key position before the season kicks off! (Remember Iverson anybody?)

Who has said we will walk the league?  People have said we can win the league, but then so what, we want our team to do well.  We have a squad that can win the league.  Not really billy big balls to say that is it???

[/quote]

Once we''ve sold Wes people won''t be feeling quite so confident

It`s the usual pre-season self delusion, posters want to feel excited about the coming season and the fact that they have bought their season ticket again, and some of them have paid Championship prices. If you`ve wasted your money you want some thread of excitement to hang on to just to justify your decision.

The pre-season is a total irrelevance and tells us nothing about the challenge of playing Div 3 teams that really fancy turning us over, particularly at CR.

We have a huge squad of youngsters and freebies, lets wait and see what happens over the next 12 weeks before wetting ourselves!

[/quote]

we have all been here before,but you cant help feeling excited. i just hiope we contiue in the same vain!

[quote user="row"]jas just p-iss off your a c-unt[/quote]

means i bring pleasure to many.. which is more than i can say about you...

jas :P

Did not go to the match yesterday. Do you think the City players thought they had to just turn up and the result would be theirs!!! Perhaps they thought they were the dogs you know what and under estimated Colchester and went in with the wrong mentality. Think the OP was aimed at fans but perhaps the players were also getting Billy Big Spuds!! Trying to get a positive from the game which may be a wake up call that both supporters and players needed and we bounce on from this.

i was indeed aiming it at the fans....

i wonder what those that questioned me. such as row, think now.. i await his/her apology.. bet it wont be forthcoming....

i also expect JTG to come on here and tell me i talk out of my arris... looks like i was right though doesnt it JTG?

I don''t certainly think that I was thinking we would walk the league and can''t remember too many people saying it too.  But like then, I stioll feel confident that we will do well and be up there. I don''t think any of the players underestimated Col U, they were just ejits and looked like they have never kicked a ball.

Maybe the players had their drinks spiked pre match.

i wonder what those that questioned me. such as row, think now.. i await his/her apology.. bet it wont be forthcoming....

i also expect JTG to come on here and tell me i talk out of my arris... looks like i was right though doesnt it JTG?

[/quote]

I agree with you Jas that there were some on here who thought we only had to walk on the pitch to claim the three points yesterday

That was never going to be the case, and, although yesterday''s hammering was a freak result it does go to show that it''s probably going to be mighty tough to get promotion out of League One.

As for '' row '' I doubt you will receive an apology as he or she is no doubt, as I write, working on a brilliantly constructed point-by-point counter argument.........

[/quote]

We`ve both stared similar posts on this, and were both correct. Not proud to  say that but it`s true.