Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

handover

So unbeaten in pre-season with lan Crook taking most of the training sessions. From now on its passed on to Butterworth and Gunny, are you confident? jurys out for me hopefully we can continue the great results. l can tell you watching the reserves and youth teams this season will be good, the future with chippy in charge is good.

The season hasn''t yet started and you are already running Gunn down. Those fans that I have spoken to are really pleased with the squad and how pre-season has gone and are really looking forward to the new season, which hasn''t been the case for the last few years. You are no doubt praying for city to have a poor start so that you can start running the club down again with pointless posts such as this one.

Really hope that isn''t the case BBC, if it ain''t broke don''t fix it and all that. Chippy was certainly taking the open training session at Carra Rd before the Wigan game, anyway I thought he was supposed to be first team coach or have I got that wrong?

[quote user="Metal Militia"]The season hasn''t yet started and you are already running Gunn down. Those fans that I have spoken to are really pleased with the squad and how pre-season has gone and are really looking forward to the new season, which hasn''t been the case for the last few years. You are no doubt praying for city to have a poor start so that you can start running the club down again with pointless posts such as this one.[/quote]

Bit harsh isn''t it? Where exactly is he running Gunny and the club down? The OP has merely said that, for him, the jury is out which it still is for many fans. I don''t call that ''running Gunn down''.

I too am pleased at how this close season has gone, very pleased in fact, but it''s not just down to Gunn is it? There''s Crook, Butters, the players, David McNally etc.

He''s also proved to be a very reliable poster on numerous occasions. I think you should read what he''s put again, read what you''ve put again and then apologise.

Sorry - didn''t realise that you two were a bit of an item.

Seriously though, I may have misread the post as I interpreted the comment regarding the future being bright with Chippy in charge as OP''s hope that he takes over the first team, wheareas now I am assuming that OP is referring to Chippy running the researves. Please accept my humble apologies.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]So unbeaten in pre-season with lan Crook taking most of the training sessions. From now on its passed on to Butterworth and Gunny, are you confident? jurys out for me hopefully we can continue the great results. l can tell you watching the reserves and youth teams this season will be good, the future with chippy in charge is good.[/quote]

Not a cheap shot from me ''bringbackchippy'', I was just wondering if you had anything to add as you''re usually pretty well informed ?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]So unbeaten in pre-season with lan Crook taking most of the training sessions. From now on its passed on to Butterworth and Gunny, are you confident? jurys out for me hopefully we can continue the great results. l can tell you watching the reserves and youth teams this season will be good, the future with chippy in charge is good.[/quote]

I know from your well respected posts that you''re connected with Crooky, so just wondered if you''d heard what the reaction was to yesterday and where you personally think the fault lies?

If this is true, i want Crook brought back ASAP, pre-season is how we want to play. Not aimlessly lofted long balls all the time.