Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardos Report V Colchester

Oh deary, deary, deary me.

Supporting this club is like being in a recurring nightmare that you just can''t wake up from. Roll up at Fortress Carrow Road and see the slaughter of the innocents, eleven Larry Lightweights run over by a blue and white steamroller.

I have not contributed to this Forum much recently because I didn''t want to carried away with a lot of the hype that has been going on. However, even I was starting to think the corner had been turned. On paper the defence looked pretty solid but this afternoon we would have been better served with four wheelie bins and a cardboard cut out of Kevin Keelan.

We started o.k. but as soon as soon as pressure was applied we feel apart like a rotten egg. Are there any plus points you ask? well Cody looked sharp when he came on and Holt was a handful throughout but we must learn to use their strengths to do any good in this league. Colchester showed how it should be done. Pass first time and get the ball into space. We did exactely the opposite, hanging on to the ball and passing into blind areas. The lesson has to be learned quickly, we must not continue to play the wrong game in the wrong league.

The worrying thing from a personal point of view is that years ago a defeat like this would have left me angry and upset for a week but walking home today I realised that I had become so used to disappointment that it didn''t hurt anymore.

What a sad indictment on the last few years of this once great football club.

I''m amazed that you didn''t feel angry and upset, Ricardo, I am absolutely fuming at what we''ve seen today and will be furious for days.  But I agree with the rest of your post.Some stats - possession is appalling.  It''s COLCHESTER, FFS, not Manchester United.

Possession

• Norwich 41%
  • Colchester 59%

Shots on target

• Norwich 5
  • Colchester 10

Shots off target

• Norwich 13
  • Colchester 5

Corners

• Norwich 7
  • Colchester 1

Fouls

• Norwich 17
  • Colchester 14

Perhaps Ive just had more years than you to get used to it, Chops. Its like walking over hot coals, eventually you don''t notice the pain.

Colchester seemed to score with almost every attempt on goal. The new keeper is not a guy you would want to trust with the wifes best china but in truth the whole team was rubbish.

At least I can see it took 56 years before I witnessed the worst home defeat ever.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Supporting this club is like being in a recurring nightmare that you just can''t wake up from. Roll up at Fortress Carrow Road and see the slaughter of the innocents, eleven Larry Lightweights run over by a blue and white steamroller.

I have not contributed to this Forum much recently because I didn''t want to carried away with a lot of the hype that has been going on. However, even I was starting to think the corner had been turned. On paper the defence looked pretty solid but this afternoon we would have been better served with four wheelie bins and a cardboard cut out of Kevin Keelan.

We started o.k. but as soon as soon as pressure was applied we feel apart like a rotten egg. Are there any plus points you ask? well Cody looked sharp when he came on and Holt was a handful throughout but we must learn to use their strengths to do any good in this league. Colchester showed how it should be done. Pass first time and get the ball into space. We did exactely the opposite, hanging on to the ball and passing into blind areas. The lesson has to be learned quickly, we must not continue to play the wrong game in the wrong league.

The worrying thing from a personal point of view is that years ago a defeat like this would have left me angry and upset for a week but walking home today I realised that I had become so used to disappointment that it didn''t hurt anymore.

[/quote]

Thanks Ricardo, I don''t know where you found the strength!

Worst home defeat in our HISTORY.

Thanks must go for that record to all who contributed.

200 plus demonstrating outside, tickets thrown at Gunn.

Welcome to division three and a brand new start.

Thanks Ricardo, I don''t think I''ve reached your level yet. I nearly had tears in my eyes when I left the ground, it just made me feel sick, I just wanted to vomit, it was dreadful. We have reached the lowest point in the clubs history and probably yet to find the bottom. Only soton hold us up tonight and that''s because they''re on minus 9.

[quote user="Fellas"]Thanks Ricardo, I don''t think I''ve reached your level yet. I nearly had tears in my eyes when I left the ground, it just made me feel sick, I just wanted to vomit, it was dreadful. We have reached the lowest point in the clubs history and probably yet to find the bottom. Only soton hold us up tonight and that''s because they''re on minus 9.
[/quote]

Experience tells me that these bad times won''t last forever but the bad run of the last few years is really trying my patience. I''m just hoping that the rest of the season is not going to be a replay of this afternoon. However when I wake up tomorrow I''m hoping its going to be Saturday and that this was just a bad dream.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]I just got home from the match, and I still can''t believe what I

witnessed. Thanks for continuing with your reports Ricardo, I too was

wondering all the way home what you''d made of it all.

Great report Ricardo.

Like you I''m a bit longer in the tooth than some on here and I too just felt resigned to it as I left the ground. Like many others I was at Charlton and thought I''d seen the all time low there. Little did I realise that would come in the very next game of the '' new dawn ''........ 

I have been to the Wigan game, which filled me with a certain sense of optimism, and now this. I play in an amateur league, and as I often say after some bad defeats: it is better to to lose once 1-7 than seven times 0-1. But that''s about the only positive that comes to my mind...