Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

A strange feeling

Football is a capricious mistress, and those of us who have no immunity to her charms are used to being raised to the heights and dropped to the depths by our club. However, today I experienced something completely alien to me in the form of  a City performance of such abject ineptitude and gutless cluelessness that I actually found myself moving beyond getting angry and shouting to serenely sitting in my seat giggling at our almost boundless lack of ability. It wasn''t a feeling I enjoyed, but the only alternative appeared to be a full scale breakdown.

By the time I got to the car and extracted myself from County Hall I was starting to get some of equlibrium back, partly as a result of  a very honest interview on the part of Grant Holt. However, my manic meter then suddenly surged back into the red zone when I heard our beloved leader, whose ability to fold his arms while simultaneously watching Rome burn to the ground is now almost legendary, produce an interview which was even more inept than the performance of the players. It was simply a motley collection of football cliches, sophistry and platitudes on the theme of "sometimes things go really badly in football and just can''t work out why". Well, actually Gunny it''s your bloody job to do so, and if you don''t work it out soon we will be in even in even deeper trouble. Of course, playing Coco the Clown in goal and Charlie Chaplin at right back didn''t help, particularly with the latter playing alongside the Marx brothers.

I felt sorry for Martin who worked hard and there is clearly mileage in a Holt/MacDonald partnership, but we promised players who wanted to play for the club and who would fight for the badge. Where were they today? And, more importantly, will they turn up on Tuesday?

I don''t know what you''re on about mate, there wasn''t any football played today.... its still Friday, the league kicks off tomorrow! Doesn''t it......? [*-)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t know what you''re on about mate, there wasn''t any football played today.... its still Friday, the league kicks off tomorrow! Doesn''t it......? [*-)]
[/quote]

Oh, thank God, it was all a terrible dream..........[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Football is a capricious mistress, and those of us who have no immunity to her charms are used to being raised to the heights and dropped to the depths by our club. However, today I experienced something completely alien to me in the form of  a City performance of such abject ineptitude and gutless cluelessness that I actually found myself moving beyond getting angry and shouting to serenely sitting in my seat giggling at our almost boundless lack of ability. It wasn''t a feeling I enjoyed, but the only alternative appeared to be a full scale breakdown.

By the time I got to the car and extracted myself from County Hall I was starting to get some of equlibrium back, partly as a result of  a very honest interview on the part of Grant Holt. However, my manic meter then suddenly surged back into the red zone when I heard our beloved leader, whose ability to fold his arms while simultaneously watching Rome burn to the ground is now almost legendary, produce an interview which was even more inept than the performance of the players. It was simply a motley collection of football cliches, sophistry and platitudes on the theme of "sometimes things go really badly in football and just can''t work out why". Well, actually Gunny it''s your bloody job to do so, and if you don''t work it out soon we will be in even in even deeper trouble. Of course, playing Coco the Clown in goal and Charlie Chaplin at right back didn''t help, particularly with the latter playing alongside the Marx brothers.

I felt sorry for Martin who worked hard and there is clearly mileage in a Holt/MacDonald partnership, but we promised players who wanted to play for the club and who would fight for the badge. Where were they today? And, more importantly, will they turn up on Tuesday?

[/quote]

LMFAO thank''s for that mate, you made us giggle with your Coco the clown, Charlie Chaplin and the Marz Brothers

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t know what you''re on about mate, there wasn''t any football played today.... its still Friday, the league kicks off tomorrow! Doesn''t it......? [*-)][/quote]

Oh, thank God, it was all a terrible dream..........[;)]

[/quote]Sure was! Can''t wait for the 4th Test to start, too... come on, England!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Its gone so bad - i''m laughing!

Great post - but the truth!

If the same team comes out tuesday night, i''ll be crying

[/quote]

lol you won''t be alone, just make sure you sit there with a box of tissues to cry into. [:)]

I just wanted to shove one of those stupid flags through my eyes at one point.I''m not sure what anyone can say to explain that.I don''t think anyone was expecting it. I can react to that single match and say Gunn has to go now - but to an extent the way the players capitulated was out of Gunn''s control. Player selections and tactics will be something they will always be at fault for.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

totally agree,im still shell shocked!

I''ve just been out for a number of drinks to forget, but they''re actually making the memories clearer! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yes, a strange feeling indeed. A guy in the WC at half-time said '' I didn''t think there was much between the sides'', which I liked. I spent yesterday in Suffolk. A strange feeling....at present I just do not want to talk about football, and I do feel genuinely ashamed, and guilty by association. Odd.

"It was simply a motley collection of football cliches, sophistry and platitudes on the theme of "sometimes things go really badly in football and just can''t work out why". Well, actually Gunny it''s your bloody job to do so, and if you don''t work it out soon we will be in even in even deeper trouble. Of course, playing Coco the Clown in goal and Charlie Chaplin at right back didn''t help, particularly with the latter playing alongside the Marx brothers"

Definately mate, he was completely shell shocked, but the lack of  any reasoned appraisal of the game just confirms what we already knew, the guy does not know what he is doing, does not understand what went wrong and has no idea in my opinion how to put it right. I recall listening to the thrilling three being interviewed on Radio Norfolk just before they were announced as the so called management team, they were asked if they had their chance again how they would have motivated the team for the Charlton game, none came up with an answer. Their good guys but unfortunately for all of us  they`ve got the wrong jobs!