Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

WILL WE WIN EASILY ON SATURDAY

I just spoke to my friend "Doc Brown" who has some sort of time machine, ''parently it''s a Dolorian or something or other, I forget.Anyways, he just told me that we''re going to with 3-1. Martin will score 2 and Holt 1. Doherty will be at fault for their goal which will come at 1-0 to make it 1-1. Now I must go as some fella called "Biff" is after me.

[quote user="hurricane"]Come the final whistle on saturday we WILL be 3 points better off. The stadium will be rocking, the players are on a high and getting better with every performance-im sure they cant wait to "turn it on" for us in the first match of the season. The ghosts and chaff from last season are gone and we now almost have a completly new squad of NCFC players all wanting promotion and wanting to win. Should we be worried about Saturday? No-we will want victory to mark this as our first step to winning the league and send a message to all the other teams in the league that we are NCFC and our ground is a fortress. The count down has begun. Colchester wont know whats hit them. OTBC[/quote]

"The stadium will be rocking"  why? We`re  in Div 3?

Yep we are in divison 3 but its the first game of the season and its on track to be a full house.....as a fan i look forward to the first game of the season and am always optomistic as its a fresh start!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="hurricane"]Come the final whistle on saturday we WILL be 3 points better off. The stadium will be rocking, the players are on a high and getting better with every performance-im sure they cant wait to "turn it on" for us in the first match of the season. The ghosts and chaff from last season are gone and we now almost have a completly new squad of NCFC players all wanting promotion and wanting to win. Should we be worried about Saturday? No-we will want victory to mark this as our first step to winning the league and send a message to all the other teams in the league that we are NCFC and our ground is a fortress. The count down has begun. Colchester wont know whats hit them. OTBC[/quote]

"The stadium will be rocking"  why? We`re  in Div 3?

[/quote]

Get over it? It''s where we are. 25,000 people cheering on their team, the atmoshpere will be great. I can''t wait. I fear the pre season has given us faulse hope.

When we start saying we will "win easily", we are in serious trouble. No game this season will be easy. I''m delighted with the squad we''ve got and we''re one of the favourites to get promoted. But we can''t be arrogant. We''re going to be playing a lot of clubs we haven''t played for years and clubs we think we should beat. Rightly so perhaps but if we rock up to place like Yeovil and Exeter and expect a win, we will lose. No question.

Please don''t talk about winning "easily". It will not end well. I think we''ll win on Saturday but Colchester aren''t going to roll over. We can''t take the piss in this division and have to treat it with respect

And Man Ure lose every game because there''s always pressure on the players and the Oppo raises their game and gets every man behind the ball, right? Wrong Man Ure (choke choke) win most games because they''re the better team. Simple as.

NC will be the better team in Div III. Simple is as Simple does.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]When we start saying we will "win easily", we are in serious trouble. No game this season will be easy. I''m delighted with the squad we''ve got and we''re one of the favourites to get promoted. But we can''t be arrogant. We''re going to be playing a lot of clubs we haven''t played for years and clubs we think we should beat. Rightly so perhaps but if we rock up to place like Yeovil and Exeter and expect a win, we will lose. No question. Please don''t talk about winning "easily". It will not end well. I think we''ll win on Saturday but Colchester aren''t going to roll over. We can''t take the piss in this division and have to treat it with respect[/quote]

Blimey - the return of the original PU legend -  DDiM!

Totally agree - turn up to games expecting an easy three points and this will be a very long season. 

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

And Man Ure lose every game because there''s always pressure on the players and the Oppo raises their game and gets every man behind the ball, right? Wrong Man Ure (choke choke) win most games because they''re the better team. Simple as.

NC will be the better team in Div III. Simple is as Simple does.

[/quote]

Blimey - now we are comparing ourselves to the arrogant Manure fans??

Manure win because they have proven themselves to have the best players with a proven successful coaching team and mental strength.

While I have optimism I have no proof that this years NCFC has any of those 3 core attributes of a winning squad.   

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]When we start saying we will "win easily", we are in serious trouble. No game this season will be easy. I''m delighted with the squad we''ve got and we''re one of the favourites to get promoted. But we can''t be arrogant. We''re going to be playing a lot of clubs we haven''t played for years and clubs we think we should beat. Rightly so perhaps but if we rock up to place like Yeovil and Exeter and expect a win, we will lose. No question. Please don''t talk about winning "easily". It will not end well. I think we''ll win on Saturday but Colchester aren''t going to roll over. We can''t take the piss in this division and have to treat it with respect[/quote]

Blimey - the return of the original PU legend -  DDiM!

Totally agree - turn up to games expecting an easy three points and this will be a very long season. 

[/quote]DDiM! Long time no posts, and a good post at that.Rock the Boat - sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We''re a league 1 club with league 1 players, ManYoo are a premier league club (already a nonsense league with only 4 teams that have a chance of winning) with Champions League/World Class players and 5 times the budget of all but 4 teams in the division. They are clearly a cut above - we aren''t.

good to have you back and i agree with your post! this is what i meant earlier in the week with people getting all "Billy big B****ks" about being in this division.... the first defeat will open a few eyes.. we arent going to smash Colchester... they are professional players... not pub footballers

jas :)

From everything i saw in pre-season performances we will concede goals, so we will need to score at least 2 to get 3 points.  I''m not saying we won''t score 2 or more but it won''t be a cake walk

We had a good pre-season, but with narrow wins, except against non-league opposition. We are not yet a goal-scoring machine, and two of our goals against Wigan were from defensive errors.Theoklitos is still an unknown quantity, and much depends on the CB combination and whether Semi turns his mind to things.If Colchester are as well organised as they seem, - "hard to beat" according to their manager, then almost any result is possible from 0-3 to 3-0, and everything in between.In our favour are one or two very skilful players who can create chances, crowd support, and enthusiasm. We have a team who want to play for us, and want to stamp themselves on the game in the face of colleague competition for their place.  These have got to be worth domething.I hope that Gunn & Co will encourage them to be patient, courageous and concentrated fully, right from the start.Having said all this, it would not surprise me is there is only one goal difference between the teams at the end. I hope that we have this goal.

Well this time tomorrow, boys (and girls), all the talk and speculation will be irrelevent and we will have a small insight into whether we have a half decent team. C`M ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Well this time tomorrow, boys (and girls), all the talk and speculation will be irrelevent and we will have a small insight into whether we have a half decent team. C`M ON YOU YELLOWS!!![/quote]

And now we know, what many had suspected, yet again we`ve brought in a load of Sh!t. Our heaviest home defeat ever.

Are the other 11 that we could field in our B team any better than this lot? I think we all know the answer to that one. What a complete and utter  farce this close seaon has been, we`ve bought a load of squit who are now being lead  by a sadly broken man who hasn`t got a clue what to do next. To those  mugs who didnt take their  rebate money, hope your pleased with the result, especially those who took the moral high ground!    

[quote user="champions"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

I have never known us carry the favourites tag well and nothing has happened yet to change that view! 

[/quote]

How about now thefutureisyellow???

[/quote]

An inability to play well as favourites is a psychological problem which could be overcome if managed properly, the problem now is somewhat different, we now have a crap team managed by a man who hasn`t got a clue and doesnt know what to do next! A real tough nut to crack that one.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Well this time tomorrow, boys (and girls), all the talk and speculation will be irrelevent and we will have a small insight into whether we have a half decent team. C`M ON YOU YELLOWS!!![/quote]

And now we know, what many had suspected, yet again we`ve brought in a load of Sh!t. Our heaviest home defeat ever.

[/quote]

Thank you Gunny & Co.

The guilt lies with the Stowmarket Two

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]0-2 Colchester and the Pink Un messageboard comes back down to earth with one almighty bang , the anti Gunns for manager then post hundreds of posts wih the headline A Massive well done to Gunny as a retort to the pathetic posts claiming him as some kind of hero for not losing a pre season friendly .[/quote]

Omg What a waste of good oxygen!!!!

Do us a favour and see how quick it takes you to reach the beach off the cliffs at cromer????

[/quote] Waste of oxygen ,who knows , but it looks like i have a little more of a clue than you bunch of idiots :-) .