Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

WILL WE WIN EASILY ON SATURDAY

I will be there on Saturday, cheering on the lads as I always do, whatever is going on behind the scenes, when I go to a game my only passion is to see us win. There are so many on here that seem to be thinking the result is a foregone conclusion, do you really think it`s going to be that easy?

If we get a result I will be delighted but we seem to be overlooking the fact that this is a local derby, there will be a substantial Colchester support and a win at CRwould be the perfect start to their season. Pre season friendlies are a picnic compared to what we will run out to face on Saturday, everyone wants to beat us, especially at home, so  lets hope the team is not over confident like a lot of fellow posters. I have never known us carry the favourites tag well and nothing has happened yet to change that view! 

I hope the deffence kicks ten bells of s**t out of Lisbie for the comments made pre portaloo rd visit last season.And we will win saturday 4-0 just like we stuck five past them last time they visited.

I am confident we will win, 1st match of the season, at home, full house.......its going to be awsome. WE WILL steamroller them!

[quote user="hurricane"]I am confident we will win, 1st match of the season, at home, full house.......its going to be awsome. WE WILL steamroller them![/quote]

Oh My God!!!!

[quote user="hurricane"]I am confident we will win, 1st match of the season, at home, full house.......its going to be awsome. WE WILL steamroller them![/quote]Stop it now you''re getting me too excited for my own good

0-2 Colchester and the Pink Un messageboard comes back down to earth with one almighty bang , the anti Gunns for manager then post hundreds of posts wih the headline A Massive well done to Gunny as a retort to the pathetic posts claiming him as some kind of hero for not losing a pre season friendly .

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]0-2 Colchester and the Pink Un messageboard comes back down to earth with one almighty bang , the anti Gunns for manager then post hundreds of posts wih the headline A Massive well done to Gunny as a retort to the pathetic posts claiming him as some kind of hero for not losing a pre season friendly .
[/quote]

Oh F*ck off

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]0-2 Colchester and the Pink Un messageboard comes back down to earth with one almighty bang , the anti Gunns for manager then post hundreds of posts wih the headline A Massive well done to Gunny as a retort to the pathetic posts claiming him as some kind of hero for not losing a pre season friendly .
[/quote]

wouldn`t you just love it you boring tosser ?

[/quote]

Don''t know what you''re on, but it''s not doing u much good. Go see that doctor again.

[/quote]

Omg What a waste of good oxygen!!!!

Do us a favour and see how quick it takes you to reach the beach off the cliffs at cromer????

There is every chance of a down with a bang moment.  A huge momentum and expectation has built up and potentially also too much pressure on the players.

Colchester have no pressure on them, can come and do nothing but defend,  competetive football (and the pressure of three points) is completely different from meaningless friendlies and the opening day of the season regularly sees an upset result.   I would not expect this to lead to the hysterical response predicted by GNL (although if wiz gets out of the wrong side of the bed that day having discovered that the Lowie virgin again failed to meet the trades description act anything is possible [;)] )

I am hoping for a win,  but would not be surprised if it was a score draw.

I think some would do well to remember that Spurs had a fantastic pre-season last year, only to start the season in shocking fashion!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

There is every chance of a down with a bang moment.  A huge momentum and expectation has built up and potentially also too much pressure on the players.

Colchester have no pressure on them, can come and do nothing but defend,  competetive football (and the pressure of three points) is completely different from meaningless friendlies and the opening day of the season regularly sees an upset result.   I would not expect this to lead to the hysterical response predicted by GNL (although if wiz gets out of the wrong side of the bed that day having discovered that the Lowie virgin again failed to meet the trades description act anything is possible [;)] )

[/quote]

Sensible as ever ZLF [Y]

I''m getting slightly concerned at some of the over confidence being displayed by some fans. What''s going to happen if we don''t immediately sweep everyone before us? There are going to be some very disappointed people about and I can see them turning on the team by early October!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Sensible as ever ZLF [Y]

I''m getting slightly concerned at some of the over confidence being displayed by some fans. What''s going to happen if we don''t immediately sweep everyone before us? There are going to be some very disappointed people about and I can see them turning on the team by early October!

[/quote]

I totally agree. This season is going to be a dogfight and teams won''t sit off and let us play pretty football like Wigan did on Saturday. We will have to learn to win ugly on occasions and also be prepared to cope with high physical games (although I think that issue has been addressed by the signing of players like Holt, Nelson and Tudur-Jones). You can also be sure that plenty of teams will come to Carrow Road and park the team bus across the goal.

I am happy with what I''ve seen so far, and fairly optimistic about our prospects, but it won''t be easy and we will suffer setbacks. The fact is that the last game you really want for your debut in a league that you have no experience of is a local derby!

I think that we are definiatley playing the kind of football that we need to beat col U, but they will put up a hard fight!!! however the over confidence of some is slightly worrying, we havent won the league yet!!

Lisbie will be highly motivated and too quick for the Doc and Platt will be a handful. Let''s not get too arrogant !

[/quote]just...oh dear!!! [|-)]

We All Know That The Players Are More Confident And Perform Better When Us Fans Get Behind Them, So Lets Do That! And We Will Win [:D]

I agree that Clochester will make it tough by defending in depth and hope to nick one or two on the break (Lisbie) or from set pieces (Platt).

This will be the first test of how well this new team can break down entrenched defences which will be critical all season. Hoolahan will be at the heart of this, and the strikers must put away their chances, as it isn''t going to be easy, IMO.

I still feel confident, but will feel better when there are points (note the plural) on the board! OTBC! [:D]

It wont be an easy win, but I think we will nick it on Saturday.  The atmosphere should be good, but patience will be needed if we start nervously and go in 0-0 at halftime.  I think we will win 1-0 though.

[/quote]

Are you Cluck or Smudger in disguise?  This is the sort of cr@p I''d expect to hear from an Ipswich fan to be honest....

I can''t wait, don''t wanna predict the score but bloody hell i''m glad footy season is back!!!

I''m hoping for a gutsy, passionate performance from the team and plenty of noise from the crowd; the better the atmosphere, the better it is for everybody. Hopefully the match will be entertaining, after so many limp and deadly boring displays last season. Let''s not lose sight of the fact that if Col U have not read our script that asks for them to fulfill the role of whipping boys, we have the little matter of 45 matches left to put things right! Will we win easily? I doubt it!

Come the final whistle on saturday we WILL be 3 points better off. The stadium will be rocking, the players are on a high and getting better with every performance-im sure they cant wait to "turn it on" for us in the first match of the season. The ghosts and chaff from last season are gone and we now almost have a completly new squad of NCFC players all wanting promotion and wanting to win.

Should we be worried about Saturday? No-we will want victory to mark this as our first step to winning the league and send a message to all the other teams in the league that we are NCFC and our ground is a fortress. The count down has begun. Colchester wont know whats hit them.

OTBC