Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

After three months of waiting the day has finally arrived where I can post the first ‘Free Bet Thread’ of the new season. This week it’s our good friend Muddy Funster in charge and making the final selections. Muddy was a regular on the Free Bet all last season ending the season with a very credible 68% winning naps. As this is Muddy’s first week in charge I know us PUPs will give him all the help we can to try and get the season under way with a winning week.

Now please bear with me because I have a lot of things to tell you: -

First off - we still have £397 that we won last season to be presented to FONCY. Now the date has been set for Friday 21st August from 8pm and the venue is Bayer Social Club. Billy Dixon will be there to hand over the winnings and John Landamore (FONCY Chairman) has arranged for Academy coach and ‘Canary Call Legend’ Neil Adams to receive the cheque. Our friend Kev (Leeds Canary) is making every effort to come to Norwich for the weekend so that we have the PUPs trophies he had made for us. Kev is an absolute star and typifies the spirit shown on these pages since my great friend Ray started the whole thing off. Ray would be so proud and I hope we have a great turn out to do the whole thing justice. John Landamore also informs me that the Dixmar advert will be in the match day programme for the duration of the season which I am also so pleased about because Dixmar, and Billy Dixon in particular, have been amazing in their sponsorship of the free bet. So meeting Billy is another reason to come on 21st.

Now the rota for doing the final selections this month has been finalised and is : -

Aug 08th  Muddy Funster
Aug 15th  City Angel
Aug 22nd Meth Canary
Aug 29th  GMF (GazzaTCC)

Of course the message board has many new posters since we last did the free bet so I’m going to add the explanation of how the whole thing works: -

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 11 winning weeks which have won just over £600 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

I’m sure I have lots more to tell you all, it’s been a long break for the Free Bet and I have been promoting it wherever and whenever I can. But for now I will hand it over to Muddy. I hope you enjoy your week in charge my friend because ultimately that’s what the free bet is all about. We are all City fans having some fun and hopefully helping to produce great young players for our clubs future while we do it.

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which is now amended to…

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah yes Norfolkchance1 £608 for the Academy,so far.

And so we begin again. Has it really been 3 months!!!

First week of the season, and I''ve found it really difficult to pick a nap, simply because there is no form guide to speak of. I was sorely tempted by City, but that would just have been a jinx, so I''m delving into the Blue Square Premier with

Stevenage v Tamworth - Home Win

Good luck to all, and especially to Muddy.

The Butlers choice from his pantry has to be NORWICH home win against Colchester.

Lets kick it off with a win from all sides!

Well done Nutty and good luck to all.

Now I was given some selections last week to look after from PUPs who would be on holiday and the like. These were: -

ncfcstar                             Norwich V Colchester                    Home Win

The Great Drinkell          Rotherham V Accrington Stanley   Home Win

I''m A Banana                   Leeds  Exeter                           Home Win

city-till-i-die                      Reading V Nottingham Forest        Home Win

Captain Doc                     Cardiff V Scunthorpe                      Home Win

So all new people have to do to help out is nominate a tip for each week? Sorry if I''m missing something obvious!

Anyway, if that''s all you have to do, my pick will be:

West Brom Vs Newcastle United - Home win

Excitement is getting the better of me, so it''s got to be Norwich v Colchester - Home Win

Good Luck everyone (especially Muddy Funster !)

It''s that time again already is it?Good to have this back - though I don''t envy the people in charge during the first few weeks as it will be very tricky with no form guide for anybody.Thus trying to pick a decent fixture is proving to be very tricky indeed, but I''ve decided to venture into League Two for the first week - so often a minefield last season where we came unstuck on several occasions, but it''s hard to see anything over than a home win for Rotherham against Accrington. Without any points deductions Rotherham will surely have a great chance of winning promotion this year whereas Accrington will be grateful to finish third from bottom.Good luck to all.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

SC Freiburg v Hamburg Away Win

It''s played on Monday can it count?

If not

Borussia Dortmund v Cologne Home Win

[/quote]

Monday is OK Legend Iwan so do you want to stick with Hamburg?

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

So all new people have to do to help out is nominate a tip for each week? Sorry if I''m missing something obvious!

[/quote]

Well done CanaryJames.. that''s all you have to do to be a PUP... good luck my friend[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

SC Freiburg v Hamburg Away Win

It''s played on Monday can it count?

If not

Borussia Dortmund v Cologne Home Win

[/quote]

Monday is OK Legend Iwan so do you want to stick with Hamburg?

[/quote]

Yes please, much better chance of winning.

Good Luck to everyone, I hope we can carry on Ray''s good work.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

Well done CanaryJames.. that''s all you have to do to be a PUP... good luck my friend[Y]

[/quote]

Thank you very much nutty nigel [:D] I''ll do my best to keep doing this every week [Y]

Blue Square for me: Gateshead v Histon - away win.Gateshead are newly promoted, whereas Histon finished 3rd in the conference last season.Histon have had a strong pre-season drawing with west brom and putting in a strong performance on monday night (I was there) to beat local rivals Cambridge United 2-1.Good luck :)

For the first selection of the season I have to agree with New York Canary''s nap of Kidderminster to beat Hayes & Yeading - it is always tough for teams coming up into the Blue Square Prem and with exception of AFC Wimbledon I have a feeling that the new boys may struggle to make an impact - Hayes & Yeading are being thrown straight into the thick of it against a Kidderminster side which finished strongly last term.

Kidderminster v Hayes & Yeading - Home Win

Good luck Muddy, lets get the Free Bet off to a flying start!!!!

Glad to see the free bet up and running again! I am going to try and get my predictions in every week this season, i missed quite a few rounds last season! Anyway, my pick has got to be NORWICH vs Colchester Utd - Home Win   Good luck to the picker this week, OTBC

I think I''m going to jump ont he bandwagon and go for:

Leeds Vs Exeter home win.

Good luck Muddy Funster on what ahs to be the hardest week of the season!

Davo

Great stuff Nutty, many thanks Billy, you are  star.

My pick is Leeds v Exeter City - Home win

I''m sure Ray is looking down and smiling.

At last a place of sanity to hide in.[;)]  A big thankyou to Billy Dixon for yet again indulging us all.[Y]OK so off we go....

Cardiff v Scunthorpe.....Home win.

Good luck this season to all pup''s old and new.[:D] especially this weeks picker Muddy.

Great to have this back.......thanks NN and Billy. Lets hope that at the end of the season we will have raised lots of money and our Canaries will be back where they belong in the Championship. I''m off to Holland for week one:

AJAX   v   RKC Waalwijk...............  HOME WIN

Good Luck Muddy and all the PUPs[:D][:D]

Welcome back everyone. Glad to see pretty much the only thread I can be bothered to post on these days back in action.Anywho, as much as I would love to pick Norwich I generally avoid the football league like the plague when it comes to betting. So im off for a smoke and a pancake, with Ajax over RKC Waalwijk.Ajax had a nice start to the season with a 2-0 away win at Groningen, while RKC lost at home to Utrecht. Ajax finished third last season in the league, with RKC newly promoted from the second division. Oh and Ajax have put 13 goals past RKC in their last three league meetings at home (Albeit a few years back). Thanks Nigel/Billy, and best of luck for the week Muddy.