Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

Humble pie anybody??

Ridiculous post , have you looked at any other pre season results , Charlton beating Ipswich ,Leeds winning away at Burnley , Orient thrashing Newcastle 6-1 , it all means absolutely nothing .Gunn relegated this club last season and he will not take it back to the Championship this season ,wait untill the real action gets underway thn you will see just how bad a manager the bloke is .

Sorry Freebie, but that is now almost 1700 posts that you have made, every single one slating anything and everything to do with the club. Are you ever even remotely positive about the club you supposedly support?

I think pretty-much everyone recognises that friendlies mean jack, and that the real stuff starts next week - but that is not to say we shouldn''t be able to venture into the new season with a degree of optimism. And I equally have no doubt you would be singing from a completely different songbook about the significance of pre-season had we had a poor one.

IMO if any City supporter can''t take even the remotest positive from the goings on this summer, there is very little hope for them.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Ridiculous post , have you looked at any other pre season results , Charlton beating Ipswich ,Leeds winning away at Burnley , Orient thrashing Newcastle 6-1 , it all means absolutely nothing .Gunn relegated this club last season and he will not take it back to the Championship this season ,wait untill the real action gets underway thn you will see just how bad a manager the bloke is .
[/quote]

Oooh, I wonder who posted this...........[|-)][|-)]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Freebie, but that is now almost 1700 posts that you have made, every single one slating anything and everything to do with the club. Are you ever even remotely positive about the club you supposedly support? I think pretty-much everyone recognises that friendlies mean jack, and that the real stuff starts next week - but that is not to say we shouldn''t be able to venture into the new season with a degree of optimism. And I equally have no doubt you would be singing from a completely different songbook about the significance of pre-season had we had a poor one. IMO if any City supporter can''t take even the remotest positive from the goings on this summer, there is very little hope for them.[/quote]

Damn bloomin right [Y][Y]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

Thank Christ I''m going away for a few weeks to avoid this juvenile tripe.....It''s already forgotten that we''re in Division Three it seems and come May mid table will be heralded as a success.

Delia Smith wins again........

[/quote]

Could I be the first to wish you a very happy trip.

In fact, why don''t you take a really extended holiday and come back after the season finishes? That way you would be able to criticise the management, Board, players and supporters with the benefit of full 20/20 hindsight and without the inconvenience of watching any football (or is it listening to commentaries?).
[/quote]

What you blindly see in your little Deliarite bubble isn''t what I am prepared to tolerate nor pay good money to endure....

Sitting on your hands and slavishly supporting Smith''s low grade tripe doesn''t make you anything more than a gullible fool I''m afraid... and certainly doesn''t give you any personal kudos. Being at a game simply involves the exchange of money and nothing else...so why the girlish moral high ground claim then?

Unlike so many on here NCFC isn''t my "best friend in the whole wide world" without whom I couldn''t survive on a weekly basis (get it into perspective ffs) ... but I''ll no doubt be back at CR when Smith has departed... It will be me who chooses that particular time though ... not anyone else.

Yes thank you... I will enjoy my stay in the sun and let''s hope the fish are as easy to catch out there as Delia Smith finds when reeling in you lot. However.....  I hope they have considerably more fight in them..........

Bye bye Clucky babes. Enjoy your fishing

When you return we''ll be top of league 1 and even more optimistic!!!

Missing you cynical drivel already

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

Thank Christ I''m going away for a few weeks to avoid this juvenile tripe.....It''s already forgotten that we''re in Division Three it seems and come May mid table will be heralded as a success.

[/quote]

In fact, why don''t you take a really extended holiday and come back after the season finishes? That way you would be able to criticise the management, Board, players and supporters with the benefit of full 20/20 hindsight and without the inconvenience of watching any football (or is it listening to commentaries?).
[/quote]

What you blindly see in your little Deliarite bubble isn''t what I am prepared to tolerate nor pay good money to endure....

Sitting on your hands and slavishly supporting Smith''s low grade tripe doesn''t make you anything more than a gullible fool I''m afraid... and certainly doesn''t give you any personal kudos. Being at a game simply involves the exchange of money and nothing else...so why the girlish moral high ground claim then?

Unlike so many on here NCFC isn''t my "best friend in the whole wide world" without whom I couldn''t survive on a weekly basis (get it into perspective ffs) ... but I''ll no doubt be back at CR when Smith has departed... It will be me who chooses that particular time though ... not anyone else.

Yes thank you... I will enjoy my stay in the sun and let''s hope the fish are as easy to catch out there as Delia Smith finds when reeling in you lot. However.....  I hope they have considerably more fight in them..........

[/quote]

[|-)] soooo borrrring.....enjoy your.....erm...fishing[8-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cluck as question for you. If Delia went now and everything else remained the same what would you stance be then?.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, I''ve heard so many reasons from so called supporters as to why they wont be attending this coming season.  Makes me think one thing.  Fair weather fans???

[quote user="No Quarter"]

We had stared relegation in the face for several seasons, and it was no fluke that we got relegated with arguably the worst City team I have ever witnessed.  Roeder had assembled this team, not for the benefit of NCFC, but for the benefit of himself, and his relationship with his premiership manager buddies.  He took premiership loan players on, as a favour to his "mates", to get them fit, give them match time and  possibly put them in the shop window.  He had no interest in the history or future of NCFC whatsoever, just his own reputation with his peer group.  Relegation cannot be blamed on Gunny.  It would have taken something of biblical proportions to have motivated that bunch of mercenaries into playing their socks off for Norwich City (a club those players couldn''t care less about).    What we have now however, is a manager who has the interests of NCFC 100% at heart, who is well aware of the history of the club (he and his team were a huge part of it personally), and has rebuilt a squad with this in mind. The players he has signed obviously see NCFC as a step up in their careers, rather than a step down and a bit of a giggle whilst earning a fortune. And he has been backed by a new board, who have clearly identified the failings of the previous board.  I believe this will be a recipe for success next season. 

And yes, of course I''m point scoring and being petty with my original post.  The aggro I received by my pro Gunn stance last season was ridiculous, and now seeing the tide changing slightly on this board with more positive posts about Gunn, who wouldn''t do the same??

[/quote]

Bit early to be eating humble pie isn''t it ?

Remaining unbeaten pre-season is obviously better than losing all your games but it''s no real indication as to how it''ll all pan out when the serious stuff starts on Saturday. I remember seasons past when we''ve had a fantastic build up for it all to go pear-shaped when it mattered..

I''m one of those who was against Bryan becoming manager. On paper things look a lot rosier now than when he took over but we musn''t forget that he was at least in part responsible for our relegation. He wanted the job, and, with 19 games left, was confident he could help us avoid relgation. He failed.

Where is this new Board ? Out of the five in place at the end of last season three remain in post, including the two majority shareholders who many would agree have been a major stumbling block when it came to NCFC making any real progress. Until the ownership of the Club changes the problem remains.

Having said all that us supporters are crying out for a bit of sunshine amidst the gloom of recent seasons so I''ll gladly eat my humble pie if the changes made mean I can start enjoying going to Carrow Road again.

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cluck as question for you. If Delia went now and everything else remained the same what would you stance be then?.

[/quote]

But.... if Smith went now everything couldn''t possibly be the same could it?  Many of the leeches currently surviving on Smith''s circulatory system would quickly be starved of nourishment and drop off... potentially leaving the way clear for a completely new start.

When that happens I will return. Until then I will continue to withold my loyalty to what is no longer NCFC under Smith... and keep my monetary input to myself.

I suspect some of those Deliarite "creationists" out there who emphatically deny any existence of a worthwhile club before DS arrived might just enjoy having a proper club back in the City again... or will they?

Everything is extremely encouraging and dare I say appears exciting times for a change, however remember Spurs last season, thumped some top european sides incl one 5-0 - then they made us look like a pub team (not hard I know) in an unbeaten pre-season......

They then proceeded to collapse when the real business started and were bottom for a long period of the season....

Give it time... all the best lads!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Freebie, but that is now almost 1700 posts that you have made, every single one slating anything and everything to do with the club. Are you ever even remotely positive about the club you supposedly support?

I think pretty-much everyone recognises that friendlies mean jack, and that the real stuff starts next week - but that is not to say we shouldn''t be able to venture into the new season with a degree of optimism. And I equally have no doubt you would be singing from a completely different songbook about the significance of pre-season had we had a poor one.

IMO if any City supporter can''t take even the remotest positive from the goings on this summer, there is very little hope for them.[/quote] Oh what a surprise a post supporting everything the club does from Mr Branston , just like all the others over the past few seasons that turned out to be oh so wrong .Winning a few pre season friendlis means nothing lets wait untill the action starts and see just how good Gunn turns out to be shall we , all he has done so far is offer a contract to every freebie going , hardly managerial genius is it .

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]Could I be the first to wish you a very happy trip. In fact, why don''t you take a really extended holiday and come back after the season finishes? That way you would be able to criticise the management, Board, players and supporters with the benefit of full 20/20 hindsight and without the inconvenience of watching any football (or is it listening to commentaries?).[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, I''ve heard so many reasons from so called supporters as to why they wont be attending this coming season.  Makes me think one thing.  Fair weather fans???

[/quote] Would take a fair weather fan over a gulliable idiot anyday.

Cluck (The Special One)... wrote

Cluck for St Delia''s sake just be careful, if you fell in and were lost at sea this board would be hopeless and rudderless. Anyway good luck with the fishing, I understand tripe is a really good bait.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Freebie, but that is now almost 1700 posts that you have made, every single one slating anything and everything to do with the club. Are you ever even remotely positive about the club you supposedly support?

IMO if any City supporter can''t take even the remotest positive from the goings on this summer, there is very little hope for them.[/quote] Oh what a surprise a post supporting everything the club does from Mr Branston , just like all the others over the past few seasons that turned out to be oh so wrong .Winning a few pre season friendlis means nothing lets wait untill the action starts and see just how good Gunn turns out to be shall we , all he has done so far is offer a contract to every freebie going , hardly managerial genius is it . [/quote]Do you and Barclay Boy ever meet up socially? Next time you do let me know and I''ll come and cut you both down from whatever beam you''re hanging from!

[quote user="Cluck - The Special Schooled One..."] But.... if Smith went now everything couldn''t possibly be the same could it?  Many of the leeches currently surviving on Smith''s circulatory system would quickly be starved of nourishment and drop off... potentially leaving the way clear for a completely new start.[/quote]

Just who are these "leeches"? Any chance that you can name some names here? Can''t think who they could be and how they would impact our performance on the pitch.

One thing I cant help thinking before we all get carried away is that we ARE in Divsion THREE, a place where we have not been fot FIFTY years.  If we do win it or even get promoted will it be such a great achievement?  I am not so sure as I dont even think we should have allowed ourselves to get here in the first place!

[quote user="Ren"]

One thing I cant help thinking before we all get carried away is that we ARE in Divsion THREE, a place where we have not been fot FIFTY years.  If we do win it or even get promoted will it be such a great achievement?  I am not so sure as I dont even think we should have allowed ourselves to get here in the first place!

[/quote]We are we''re we are, time to move on with enthusiasm and then not let it happen again.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

Following a good unbeaten pre season, I have a feeling that a few of the vociferous Gunn out brigade from last season may well be choking on their ridiculous, hate filled words come the new season. Sure, we haven''t played a "competetive" match yet, but the early signs are extremely encouraging. Gunn and his team have abviously targeted the areas of the squad that need improving (i.e all of it) and have not just made the numbers of the squad up, but have actually put a lot of thought into the blending of the players as a team.  We can already see several decent partnerships in the side, and these will only improve as the season progresses. 

I was always very pro Gunn from the outset, which led to me being on the receiving end of some ridiculous abuse on this message board.  I hope and pray that Gunny and team carry on the brilliant work thus far into the new season, and make some of these people (Row, Loan City FC, that wrestler bloke, First Wizard plus a ton of others) have their offensive little statements toward Gunny and myself stuck back down their throats.

[/quote]

Lol, Gunn gets NCFC relegated and gets some stick on a footy message board.....who`d have thought it hey?! [8-)]

I think you should ponder the fact that most of the regular supposed "negatives" have had the honesty and integrity to admit that this has been the most positive pre-season in years, and that most of the moves made by the board look very encouraging- in stark contrast to those who pig-headedly stuck to their entrenched positions as we slipped inevitably towards relegation.

Personally i haven`t ever slagged off Gunn because i put 99% of the blame for relegation on the board, but one of the undoubted positives in his (and his staff`s) appointments is that anyone who remembers these guys playing days will be desperate for them to succeed and will accordingly cut them a bit of slack.  Gunn is also benefitting from the fact that at last our board seem to have put the football team back at the top of the agenda and have clearly made a generous budget available considering the loss of revenue- it`s early days but i think an argument could be made that our overall squad is actually stronger than it was last season.

"FREEBIE" wrote: "Oh what a surprise a post supporting everything the club does from Mr Branston , just like all the others over the past few seasons that turned out to be oh so wrong .Winning a few pre season friendlis means nothing lets wait untill the action starts and see just how good Gunn turns out to be shall we , all he has done so far is offer a contract to every freebie going , hardly managerial genius is it ."

Ho hum - what a surprise, seems you chose to ignore/misinterpret what I said. I am no fan of the club''s owners - they''ve helped us into the crapper and only an idiot would think that I am remotely suggesting everything is great at NCFC (...but if the cap fits!).

That is not to say there is anything wrong with being reasonably optimistic about the season ahead - and your having a constantly negative stance is just pointless. If you were honest for a second, I am sure you''d admit that we have done much better than you''d have thought in both the transfer window and also in pre-season. If that doesn''t give you even a small sense of optimism then that is rather sad.

Incidentally, you really do seem to insist on showing your ignorance about transfers. We have signed 4 for a fee, 4 who were out of contract at their own behest (ie knowing they were marketable), and only 3 who were out of contract from being released. Given the number of players we needed, I''m not sure what alternative there was.

Unlike so many on here NCFC isn''t my best friend in the whole wide world without whom I couldn''t survive on a weekly basis (get it into perspective ffs) ... but I''ll no doubt be back at CR when Smith has departed... It will be me who chooses that particular time though ... not anyone else.

Always has been and always will be a complete and utter %^%(*_)_*&^%$. The longer you stay away the better. Enjoy your hols!!

Previous post contains the quote from the Freebie idiot. (Bloody non matching quote thingy really bugs me).  I only wrote the last line...... honest.

You might have been better to post this in march rather than before the season starts, because if this year turns to rat $h!t you''re going to look sillier than those you claim should be eating humble pie.

I hope this winning streak continues and Gunn proves me wrong but we''ve been here before. A "great" team was assembled, we won most of our friendlies, but the pre-season over confidence soon turned to xmas time disappointment. Reality sunk in as it dawned on the fans that the team was gash and we we''re once again caught up in a relegation battle with little hope of improving the squad.

(I notice how pre season friendlies mean something when we win, but don''t when we lose)

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

You might have been better to post this in march rather than before the season starts, because if this year turns to rat $h!t you''re going to look sillier than those you claim should be eating humble pie.

I hope this winning streak continues and Gunn proves me wrong but we''ve been here before. A "great" team was assembled, we won most of our friendlies, but the pre-season over confidence soon turned to xmas time disappointment. Reality sunk in as it dawned on the fans that the team was gash and we we''re once again caught up in a relegation battle with little hope of improving the squad.

(I notice how pre season friendlies mean something when we win, but don''t when we lose)

[/quote]

Again, all I''ve said is that we''ve has a good pre season, have assembled a good team, and hope this good start can continue throughout the season.  The people I believe should be eating humble pie are the one''s who slagged Gunn to the ground, but have remarkably started changing their opinions as the results have been coming in, and the team strengthened correctly.

What puzzles me is that for some reason, a few people seem to think everyone who has serious doubts about Gunn as a manager actually want him to fail just so they can all say "I told you so", which is clearly wide of the mark. I''ve posted quite a few times (mostly around the time he was appointed) on this subject and I''ve been very critical of him as a manager but I''d love it if all those posts were dug up come next May saying how wrong I was as that means we''ve done well.We''ve clearly had a good pre-season and I really enjoyed yesterday''s match, and you can''t fault the way we''ve gone about putting a squad together - certainly it''s been beyond what I was expecting so no complaints on that score yet. But it won''t count for anything if we have a rubbish season. We have to hit the ground running with a win next Saturday. Although I am much more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago I still have reservations - but to be honest, this is the first time in years we''ve got no idea what to expect. We''re in a league with teams and players we know little about, we''ve signed players we mostly know little about, with some new faces on the board and a rookie manager whose only achievement so far is to lead us to a relegation. Anything can happen this year. I''m looking forward to it as it really could all click and work out but by the same token I''m very worried that it could all go to pot very quickly.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]Could I be the first to wish you a very happy trip. In fact, why don''t you take a really extended holiday and come back after the season finishes? That way you would be able to criticise the management, Board, players and supporters with the benefit of full 20/20 hindsight and without the inconvenience of watching any football (or is it listening to commentaries?).[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Would take a fair weather fan over a gulliable idiot anyday.[/quote]what''s it like being both?

You''ll all miss my wisdom while I''m away .... but never fear.... I''ll be back suitably refreshed and raring to go on my return.

This place needs me ... whereas the rest of you could disappear without even being noticed. That''s what makes me the Special One .......

Adiosu hitsuji .........

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

So the civic reception and open top bus would be out of the question Ren[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Well you could say the same about Forest, Sheff W and Leeds and and none of them made it back up at the first attempt (admittedly Leeds had a points penalty but three seasons on and they''re still there). 

Should we manage it, it would be a very fine achievement and I for one would scoff a double helping of humble pie with extra gravy.  But let''s not get carried away just yet.