Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Predictions For Ipsh;t....

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I bet bluemike feels rather sad at the moment, come to think of it I haven''t seen him on here recently I wonder why?[/quote]cant get out of bed, he did get on telly though and in the papers

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

No wins after 10 games, Keane is sacked, Marcus Evans pulls the sponsorship plug in January, relegated by end of March, fans fight among themselves, attendances drop to 12,000. Replaced in the Championship by...........Norwich! 

SOME of this is pure fantasy!

[/quote]

Anyone who pays £1.2m for the complete and total donkey that Tamas Priskin is has no place in football management. Malky must have thought it was Christmas.

I can see the first bit coming true, though he''ll be given more than 10 games - but I genuinely think he won''t last the season. He has bought some bad players - I think our squad is now stronger than theirs by some distance.

[/quote]quote of the century, your squad is stronger than ours by some distance, 7-1 pmsl you sad nomark.
[/quote]

How are you enjoying the last minute equalisers and the massive impact Priskin has had on your season to date? £7m and 7 points. If Keano spends another £30m you have a chance of staying up!

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]will be above you not matter what[/quote]

Come back when you''ve won a game.

My prediction is relegation with 48 points. With the crap he signed.

Could be another Championship manager getting the boot this saturday.....Ipswich v DerbyI am going to hope for ANOTHER 1-1 draw at Scum Road.  Don''t really want them to lose as it could spell the end for Keano and I am really starting to warm to the guy.  Obviously we don''t want them to win so a nice draw with Lee Croft scoring in the 94th minute. 

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I bet bluemike feels rather sad at the moment, come to think of it I haven''t seen him on here recently I wonder why?[/quote]Glad you all missed me, you are totally correct in everything you say, he is a complete and utter nightmare as a manager. I was very pro his appointment but quite honestly his man management is EVEN worse than many people knew, his transfer dealings (Leadbitter and Rosenoir apart) are a total waste of money, he really should be sacked now but such is the Ipswich way he will be kept on until it is too late. I have no doubts that we are heading for relegation if changes arent made, we played really well against Watford, should have killed them but that aside we arent even playing very well, cant defend, cant score goals, a recipe for disaster. Looks like we will be with you next season, unless of course the unthinkable happens and we swap places.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]I bet bluemike feels rather sad at the moment, come to think of it I haven''t seen him on here recently I wonder why?[/quote]Glad you all missed me, you are totally correct in everything you say, he is a complete and utter nightmare as a manager. I was very pro his appointment but quite honestly his man management is EVEN worse than many people knew, his transfer dealings (Leadbitter and Rosenoir apart) are a total waste of money, he really should be sacked now but such is the Ipswich way he will be kept on until it is too late. I have no doubts that we are heading for relegation if changes arent made, we played really well against Watford, should have killed them but that aside we arent even playing very well, cant defend, cant score goals, a recipe for disaster. Looks like we will be with you next season, unless of course the unthinkable happens and we swap places.
[/quote]

Most magnanimous and dare I say entirely reminiscent of noises being made this time last year north of the border when a certain ‘When were you last England manger’ was still weaving his special brand of magic.

Onto the overall ownership /debt issues, where do you see Evans in all of this current malaise? I raised a number of points when he bought your club on this message board only to be told I was the Village Idiots less intelligent sibling for suggesting Evans was little more than an aggressive hedge fund in a nice little frock. 

There are some rather crass Youtube clips of some of your fellow supporters dancing a merry dance under the belief that you were  ‘$%^&*^£” loaded’  and yet I wonder if the reality is now coming home to roost?

Evans bought a substantial debt at a  knock down price, increased the debt and employed  chief executive with pretty much zero football experience to run the show and it just seem very ‘Ipswich’ for want of a better description.   Ipswich now seem to be adorned with Marcus Evans this, that and the other bereft of all their former local connections and has, to an outsider’s perspective, ripped the soul out of the club, is that fair?  The days of the Cobbolds etc  seem like they never happened, just as well given what the achieved from this perspective!

Where do you see Evans taking the club, do you think he’ll act soon to replace Keane, add yet more debt or possibly even try and court a buyer and you be happy if he did?

Your thoughts are most welcome.

PS  The First really isn’t that bad.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]In all honesty i think Keane will turn it around and Ipswich will finish in the top half.[/quote]of League One

said when he took over in April he would kill Ipswich Town as a football club and have not seen anything to change my mind on this .Talking to Ipswich fans who go week in week out they fear the worst one said hes given up and watches Lowestoft now !!! better football.I do think with the luck they tend to get they will stay up just !!

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]said when he took over in April he would kill Ipswich Town as a football club and have not seen anything to change my mind on this .Talking to Ipswich fans who go week in week out they fear the worst one said hes given up and watches Lowestoft now !!! better football.I do think with the luck they tend to get they will stay up just !![/quote]Trust me we havent had a lot of luck this season.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"]said when he took over in April he would kill Ipswich Town as a football club and have not seen anything to change my mind on this .Talking to Ipswich fans who go week in week out they fear the worst one said hes given up and watches Lowestoft now !!! better football.I do think with the luck they tend to get they will stay up just !![/quote]Trust me we havent had a lot of luck this season.
[/quote]

I quite believe that. The Championship is so tight and there''s very little difference between the teams from top to bottom. It''s such a tight league that one poor refereeing decision can decide a game even if it''s top versus bottom. My experience of the Premiership and now League One is that there is a huge gap between top and bottom so luck doesn''t play such a big part.

Just wish I could feel sorry for ya [:O][;)]

Certainly can''t see Ipswich going down this season so I''m just enjoying their predicament while I can. To be the only pro team in the country without a win by such a huge margin is rather funny. The only thing which might send them down is that if the players are playing to get Keane sacked (which I assume they are) and the board stick with him for too long they may find themselves a bit too far adrift by the time a new man comes in. But I''m sure Keane will soon go and as usual along with the new manager will come new fortunes and they''ll finish mid table.

Funny thing is how so many think that this is some kind of abherration, a temporary blip. The club was handed over to Evans as about the only means of keeping it in existence. There is nothing secret about their chronic position, it''s all been said and reported.

A club that has been losing a couple of million every year since it was relegated from the premiership is going to have to face those losses at some point. That point has been reached. Old twaddle about investment should be seen in the light of Keane needing to flog players this summer, with little or no players of any quality being brought in. They are stuck adrift at the bottom for a good reason. They are skint !

Appointing a non football person as chief executive should tell anyone what Evans priorities are. For a few million Evans has secured the use/ownership of a fair amount of corporate facilities. That''s the limit to his interest. Whether the suffolk saddos drop down to where their deceitful trading deserves in a couple of seasons or more matter little.

The only irony, in a humorous way, is that for a bunch of fans who seem permanently stuck in the past their club will slowly become history,

Farewell then you rural shysters ..... you won''t be missed.

[quote user="City1st"]Funny thing is how so many think that this is some kind of abherration, a temporary blip. The club was handed over to Evans as about the only means of keeping it in existence. There is nothing secret about their chronic position, it''s all been said and reported. A club that has been losing a couple of million every year since it was relegated from the premiership is going to have to face those losses at some point. That point has been reached. Old twaddle about investment should be seen in the light of Keane needing to flog players this summer, with little or no players of any quality being brought in. They are stuck adrift at the bottom for a good reason. They are skint ! Appointing a non football person as chief executive should tell anyone what Evans priorities are. For a few million Evans has secured the use/ownership of a fair amount of corporate facilities. That''s the limit to his interest. Whether the suffolk saddos drop down to where their deceitful trading deserves in a couple of seasons or more matter little. The only irony, in a humorous way, is that for a bunch of fans who seem permanently stuck in the past their club will slowly become history, Farewell then you rural shysters ..... you won''t be missed.[/quote]

Dare I be so bold as to suggest you left no stone unturned in that post?

Omitted to mention where the axe is falling as the binners bid to end the annual £2m losses. Also ...........

How much has the original debt risen to ?

How much of the £8.1m loan (preference shares) has been paid in interest.

Have the club made any payments on the other debts that were due for repayment ?

And finally will Evans use any money made from corporate events at Binman Road to offset those payments ?

I think a young lad sewing footballs in India has a brighter future than our impoverished neighbours.