Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Predictions For Ipsh;t....

Hard to call.  At the moment Keane is following exactly the same pattern as before - see I''m now Mr Nice interview in the Anglian today if you can be bothered.  The personal pattern from his previous club is the same except for the big spending.

If they don''t do very well I would expect ructions on previous evidence.  If Evans starts getting narky it should be quite interesting.  Reasonable team at the moment but they don''t really seem anything very special.   Although it wasn''t against their full first team Colchester should have been 2-0 up at half time in the recent testimonial game.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Hard to call.  At the moment Keane is following exactly the same pattern as before - see I''m now Mr Nice interview in the Anglian today if you can be bothered.  The personal pattern from his previous club is the same except for the big spending.

If they don''t do very well I would expect ructions on previous evidence.  If Evans starts getting narky it should be quite interesting.  Reasonable team at the moment but they don''t really seem anything very special.   Although it wasn''t against their full first team Colchester should have been 2-0 up at half time in the recent testimonial game.

[/quote]Lets hope after a heavy defeat you''re saying that tomorrow! [:)] Just joking Cam [:)]You going tomorrow?

Saturday is a busy day for us so the game is out for me.  It will be much more interesting to see where both of us are after, say, 12 games.

This is a very tough League and probably tougher than last year.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Saturday is a busy day for us so the game is out for me.  It will be much more interesting to see where both of us are after, say, 12 games.

[/quote]the leagues dont change much,remember these teams are just names! some will flop some will surprise. Im not worried,i really think we have enough,but i think that every season!

keane was playing defensively the other day.saying he wants them club in the prem in 2 years....will he have a job then?, will he do it? will evans be impressed this year or be willing to wait?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

the leagues dont change much,remember these teams are just names! some will flop some will surprise.
Im not worried,i really think we have enough,but i think that every season!
[/quote]

No it''s different from the Championship.  The majority of teams in that will let you play as will Premier League sides (Wigan were happy to let you pass the ball about).  Here you will meet teams intent only on stopping you and hoping for a break.  Leicester got off to a quite shaky start before they sussed it.  Butterworth, for one, will know all about that because Hartlepool were one of the "intent on stopping you" teams at the time he was there.

24th, 1st after 2 games, all the fans going on about how they are the best, how they will win the league & how Keane is the best manager ever. Then a massive downwards slide losing 44 in a row, they get relegated with a world record 6 points yet their fantastic board and clever fans are happy with Roy Keane as their manager. The board then gives him 42 million to get them back into the Championship, 29 of this he spends on "World Class" striker Jamie Cureton, Keane saying " Jamie not only brings us a wealth of experience, he brings us a barn door as well which he brings to the training ground each day and gives our fantastic strike force of him, Gary Doherty (9 million) & Turkish "superstar" Ian Henderson (4 million), 10 attempts a day to hit it from 6 yards. As all strikers will say that is a very hard task, and therefore I am not at all worried that the only player to be able to hit it in those 10 attempts is Mark Bosnich there "Druggie" goalkeeper. Having seen all the players attempt this I am rather encouraged that so many of them are able to kick the ball, something I wasn''t able to say for the majority of last season. ,,,Keane finishes with a statement to the loyal fans " I was very impresssed with our average attendance of 983 last season, it would have been top out of all The Blue Square North average attendances, and that in itself just proves how big our club really is. I am sure that with these new three big money signings that we can boost that to over 1,000. We have already sold 5 season tickets over the course of the first month of pre-season, which is a good sign."

Just remember, you heard it here first! [;)]

No wins after 10 games, Keane is sacked, Marcus Evans pulls the sponsorship plug in January, relegated by end of March, fans fight among themselves, attendances drop to 12,000. Replaced in the Championship by...........Norwich! 

SOME of this is pure fantasy!

As they have a big money owner, big name chief exc. and bid t----r manager, the anti delia key board warriors JUST LUV EM!

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

No wins after 10 games, Keane is sacked, Marcus Evans pulls the sponsorship plug in January, relegated by end of March, fans fight among themselves, attendances drop to 12,000. Replaced in the Championship by...........Norwich! 

[/quote]Carlsberg dont do football seasons but if they did ...................................................

I think they will fail in the play offs

[/quote]

Anyone who pays £1.2m for the complete and total donkey that Tamas Priskin is has no place in football management. Malky must have thought it was Christmas.

I can see the first bit coming true, though he''ll be given more than 10 games - but I genuinely think he won''t last the season. He has bought some bad players - I think our squad is now stronger than theirs by some distance.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Lets hope after a heavy defeat you''re saying that tomorrow! [:)] Just joking Cam [:)]

You going tomorrow?
[/quote]

It was a Jamie Cureton Memorial Open Goal miss by Perkins and a stunning save by Wright.

Top 6 but in january keane will wnat some player evans wont put the money up and he will walk as he always does.

Mark my words it will all end in tears for ipswich town and Roy Keane

I will stick with what Ferguson said on the Sunderland appointment: "Keano to manage, difficult.  To manage, difficult."

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I think they will go up automatically by finishing second[/quote]spoil sport

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]will be above you not matter what[/quote]

That''s an obvious point, but we''ll probably end up with more points than you.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

[/quote]

Anyone who pays £1.2m for the complete and total donkey that Tamas Priskin is has no place in football management. Malky must have thought it was Christmas.

I can see the first bit coming true, though he''ll be given more than 10 games - but I genuinely think he won''t last the season. He has bought some bad players - I think our squad is now stronger than theirs by some distance.

[/quote]quote of the century, your squad is stronger than ours by some distance, 7-1 pmsl you sad nomark.

[/quote]

Can''t find the part that''s pure fantasy Wings[;)]